How many assistant coaches does Sark fire?

alphahorn

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

There isn't one position group that has improved this year and arguably all but running back have taken a step backward.  After only 1 year, how many assistants will Sark cut loose? 

would it matter? you gonna trust him to restock with elite coaches the second time around? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Cashcar said:

Nope - KU is gonna push our shit in. I think you honestly have to consider firing Sark after that happens. Maybe go after Mel Tucker and load up on the portal? Or just shut the fucking program down and save people money. 

Just promote the entire utsa program players coaches lawn guy

• Hook 'Em 4

Sark doesn't have the balls to make the changes, or he's too stupid to figure out what needs to be changed. He is going to tell Chrystal that he just needs another year with the current staff, and Chrystal will believe him. When he sinks in year 2, the boosters, panicking about the future in the SEC, will force Sark's firing. 

10 hours ago, Cashcar said:

You start with firing Sark. This guy is a fucking fraud. This is worse than Chuck Strong level bullshit. 

FIFY. I'll get right to the point, for as shitty as he was Charlie Strong NEVER lost 4 consecutive games during his tenure as HC. Charlie was fired because he couldn't put together a winning season to save his life and lost to KU. He never lost more than 3 consecutive games despite his terrible records.

Look at the victories this season. 3-6 Rice. 5-4 Tech (fired their coach strong candidate to also finish 5-7), 4-5 TCU (also fired their coach) Then you have the biggest victory : a Sun Belt team tip toeing around the Top 25 who beat two FBS teams over .500 this season (5-4 South Alabama and 7-2 App State) and there are going to be some in the fan base that will cradle that meaningless victory and claim Sark beat a ranked team there is hope for next year.

10 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Ahh yes the old rearranging of the deck chairs on the titanic move. We know who should be fired but but but he needs 3 years!

Yep, looks like we might start the hail mary reboot a little early with this regime.  Yay!!  I wonder what will happen??

The sad/funny thing will be watching, yet again, all the chucklefucks convince themselves that these moves are really gonna turn things around.  

1 minute ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I honestly hope they don’t fire anyone.  Defense is on their 3rd coordinator in 3 years.  Our senior OL are on their 3 position coach.  
At this point I’d rather see what the players can do with  some consistency.  

Flood is the only coach I don’t blame. He has shit talent.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, B00M said:

I really don't understand. On paper this was our best staff since Mack. 

Maybe Sark hires an OC?

Well, in contrast to Strong and Herman, you can't really completely accuse Sark of making comfort hires.  And there's no glaring weakness, like Shawn Watson.

No "first" staff is going to be good across the board just by the law of averages.  And the "market" always imposes some constraints.  Not even "we're Texas" (rolling eyes) can get everyone they want.

Neither Charlie nor Herman acted quickly to rectify obvious mistakes.  We'll see what Sarkisian does.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

None. He needs 50 new players. 

I'm somewhat in this camp. I might look to replace WR coach, never been a fan of Coleman. But when you look at who we roll out there, we are devoid of talent. That OL is miserable. TE is a fucking joke. We only have 1 receiver now and that has made us just way to easy to shut down.  Terrible QB play.  On defense we have NO linebackers. O has raw talent, but lacks instincts. When Brock, Bush and Schooler are seeing this much playing time, it's a miracle we get any stops.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

These coaches have won titles elsewhere. I wouldn't fire them yet I'd work with Sark to completely turn over the roster Chris Beard style. Send out the quitters as much as possible and bring in a smaller school QB with a winning track record you can convince to transfer for a shot at p5 exposure. Use the portal to the fullest extent and clean the trash from the program. 

Tucker and MSU added 13 key players through the portal. It's possible, we just need to clear the spots.  We need so much help on the OL and at WR and on defense in the secondary and at LB. And a senior qb wouldn't suck

fire the dude fucking the bitch with the monkey so we stop getting clowned on.  i promise what ever the fuck that guy does we can find someone equal or better without all this extra bullshit.

after that, id hire a real OC, sark can still co-call plays, but focus on being a HC and not a HC + OC.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

fire the dude fucking the bitch with the monkey so we stop getting clowned on.  i promise what ever the fuck that guy does we can find someone equal or better without all this extra bullshit.

after that, id hire a real OC, sark can still co-call plays, but focus on being a HC and not a HC + OC.  

He is our special teams coach and bagman.

18 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

Flood is the only coach I don’t blame. He has shit talent.   

You keep blaming Sark but this comment right here shows why the Offense sucks and no coach could fix it this year.  When your O line sucks it doesn't matter if you have a great QB, WR's and RB's the offense will still suck.  Now add in that we don't have a great QB and have only one good WR and it is a miracle that Sark has been able to figure out ways to score at all.  If our QB's could hit a few wide open WR's and if those WR's could actually make a catch we would have scored a bunch more last night even with the crap O line and that tells me Sark is actually figuring out ways to put the shit players in position to succeed as best as any coach can at this point.  

To add to a crap O line being a problem.  You can tell by my avatar that I am a Pats fan and Brady to me is the best ever.  The years or even games when the Oline wasn't good are the times when Brady looked horrible and everyone called for him to retire because he was too old.  The second the Pats got his O line back to being good he was suddenly able to perform (this includes leaving the Pats and going to the Bucs who had a solid OL and GREAT WR's). 

• Hook 'Em 6

I’m in the camp of zero, turn the roster. Tell kids to portal get new ones in the portal. The next 2-3 years of upperclassmen on the roster right now are abysmal. There is nothing coaching will do to correct that other than turn it over. If sark does that, then he’s made a very smart move and I’d love to see what ca do with that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

I think that’s where he loses the other half of the educated fan base - if he fucks up the portal play.  If he nails it and things get better, he’ll have some breathing room and the naysayers will backpedal. He may be a perpetual 7 win guy, but I have to believe his restart - not just with Saban - improved his skill set. Let’s see what he can do. And bring on some bag men on the street for Christ’s sake! We SEC now bitches.

• Hook 'Em 2

that awkward moment for Del Conte when your own Athletic Department's TV Station, the Longhorn Network, hears you tell them, "Pick up Kansas at 11:00am so Hartzell and I can fly to Spokane for the Gonzaga game that afternoon and do both games."...and even your own fucking TV Channel says, "Nah man...we're good."  And ESPNU picks it up off tertiary rights for 6:30p split-coverage bullshit just to signal that the Longhorn football program is yet again, discovering an all-time low.  

Seriously folks, fire all the assistants you want...but our own fucking TV channel took a pass on our game with Kansas.  THESE ARE THE DAYS!  

Yeah, we are where Tennessee was last year --  Gotta cull the herd (players) to where most of what's left really wants to be here.  SARK has to rebuild most of this shitty Roster.

Probably have to almost reboot and act like the 2022 season is year #1 for SARK at Texas.  Add to player personnel group with more recruiters and quality talent evaluators.  Give SARK more experienced coaching support staff to help in all areas of game analysis and game preparation similar to what Saban has at Bama.

Need a new WR coach that recruits and develops at an elite level.  If he is interested, Carrington might be a good addition to the recruiting staff.

SARK and company better do a fantastic job evaluating and gathering players from the portal this off-season...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1