IYO how long does Sark last  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Numero anos

• He’s gone after KSU
    • End of 2022
    • End of 2023 (3 years like Charlie)
    • End of 2024
    • Finishes contract
    • As long as he wants. He’s turning this around!!

The decision to fire sark now or to keep him needs to be based on the answer to one question. Does sark give Texas the best chance to successfully make the transition from the Big XII to the SEC? By successfully I mean compete. If that answer is no then why waste more time with him leading the program. My eyes tell me he is not that person. 
Oc? Yes. HC? Unknown, but signs are pointing to no. Next season will answer any lingering questions.

I disagree with this though.  
What is Texas not doing that is making people believe football isn't the center of the universe here?  From what I've read, it's just the NIL shit, which seems like a pretty easy fix.  
Not only that, Ohio State and Alabama are exceeding at their minor sports with football being the center showing you can have both.  Why don't Texas fans want both? 

It could be me being blind to the fact, but I do not see Texas Football as being at the center. I see it being part of the whole. I think, if you ask the AD at both OSU and Bama, they would tell you that football success trumps the other stuff going on. By a great distance. At Texas, I do not believe that you would get the same response. At least I am having a hard time believing it.

Maybe my view mostly stems from how pathetic our football facilities have been for some time. There should be nobody with better football facilities.

And, of course you should try to have everything.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Meh, Deloss is long gone and the issues here still remain.  The issue is that we are crap at hiring ADs and reactive with hiring coaches.   

You’re ready to say cdc is a bad hire?   He’s nailed every coaching hire save 1.   He’s done a great job fundraising and was aces at tcu

6 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 11/14/2021 at 11:18 AM, BB65 said:
The decision to fire sark now or to keep him needs to be based on the answer to one question. Does sark give Texas the best chance to successfully make the transition from the Big XII to the SEC? By successfully I mean compete. If that answer is no then why waste more time with him leading the program. My eyes tell me he is not that person. 

Oc? Yes. HC? Unknown, but signs are pointing to no. Next season will answer any lingering questions.

Next year will be a mulligan for sark

32 minutes ago, Pancho said:

UT doesn't need to isolate football within the athletics department.  Moreover, you wouldn't be able to get away with that legally (I don't believe).  Does Alabama or Ohio State have a "separate athletic department" for football?  I don't believe they do.  They are all aligned, though.  

Isn’t one of the things Urban asked for is a separate football only AD? I’m assuming Ohio State has that.

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Isn’t one of the things Urban asked for is a separate football only AD? I’m assuming Ohio State has that.

Not unless it is secretly buried in as part of the "duties" of an associate AD.  They don't openly have an AD of Football-only. 

On 11/17/2021 at 8:58 PM, Stunns38 said:

I wonder if the BMDs are turning up the heat already. Or they think Sark is fragile and needs to reassure him before the fanbase and media eats him alive??

I think coming to practice puts more pressure on Sark. Weird all around.

Eltife was not there to ping on Sark. He apparently visits often, when he's in town.

In this instance, he was in town to confer with lawyers, including UT Law professors, about a hypothetical: if you have an employee who is contractually obligated to pay a substantial amount to you if he quits prior to completion of the contract (and vice-versa), is either of you obliged to pay the other in the event that he simply disappears?

Eltife may or may not have then traveled on to San Antonio, apparently on some business regarding purchase of a trailer, which he mentioned to Sarkisian, but with all noise of coaches screaming and whatnot, it was difficult to hear. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Well, at least one guy on here has a grip on reality. Can I add that it's also pretty clear who never donated to anything. Just to clarify what I mean, let's say you are in a position to donate $50,000 a year to a University or any other organization. You've been doing it for years, everybody is happy. Then they announce one day they are considering something that you can't support, perhaps even something you find abhorrent.

You basically have three choices, you can. 1. Continue to donate (not gonna happen). 2. you can give them a call and say "hey I won't be going down this road with you, if you do this, I'm done." (so at least they know in advance that your contribution will dry up.) 3. Say nothing, let them implement the change and then stop writing the checks with no warning. (This will probably get you a lot of phone calls from them, but in all likelihood the damage is done). 

Do you really think that successful people are in the habit taking option 1 or 3?

How much less money from those fucks do you think we would need if we didn’t have to keep fucking paying buyouts for shit ass coaches that their  meddling need for access has been sticking us with? Fuck them and fuck that attitude. We need a coach that comes in and puts them in their place. Unfortunately, with the stink from those assholes,  none with the clout to do that will touch us with a 10 foot pole. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

Not unless it is secretly buried in as part of the "duties" of an associate AD.  They don't openly have an AD of Football-only. 

Which is where my TCU-MMD's take on the BMD conversations after the Tech fiasco fell apart. They were quite sure that Urban was a done deal with a few details to be ironed out. They said they would "deny him nothing", so no problems. Apparently one of the details was that extra position between CDC and the HFC so that Urban would not have to bother, or be bothered by, Texas BMDs.

3 hours ago, Capn81 said:

It could be me being blind to the fact, but I do not see Texas Football as being at the center. I see it being part of the whole. I think, if you ask the AD at both OSU and Bama, they would tell you that football success trumps the other stuff going on. By a great distance. At Texas, I do not believe that you would get the same response. At least I am having a hard time believing it.

Maybe my view mostly stems from how pathetic our football facilities have been for some time. There should be nobody with better football facilities.

And, of course you should try to have everything.

facilities don't win football games

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

You’re ready to say cdc is a bad hire?   He’s nailed every coaching hire save 1.   He’s done a great job fundraising and was aces at tcu

There was a big gulf between Deloss and CDC, but it is easy to want to forget Steve Patterson and his Jet Pack man desire to focus on people having fun at the games over the product on the field.   He has missed on NIL and it looks like football.  But given we have one more year at least with Sark to see how far that went.  Oh and Urban.  

Edited by Nivek

21 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

How much less money from those fucks do you think we would need if we didn’t have to keep fucking paying buyouts for shit ass coaches that their  meddling need for access has been sticking us with? Fuck them and fuck that attitude. We need a coach that comes in and puts them in their place. Unfortunately, with the stink from those assholes,  none with the clout to do that will touch us with a 10 foot pole. 

So what do you propose? Don't take money from donors? As I outlined, almost no one will blindly donate large sums. If it's not worth it, either side can say "no thanks". 

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Well, if it’s the big money guys who are the problem (they’re an issue, but to what extent?)

A big extent. This board was ready to crucify CDC for a hire he didn't even make. The last two hires have been made by the BoR and BMDs. 

The BMDs didn't even do a coaching search when they hired Herman. Then Elite hired Sarkisian. 

If the BoR and BMDs had the name Chris Del Conte this board would be losing their minds. What's the difference here? 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

Which is where my TCU-MMD's take on the BMD conversations after the Tech fiasco fell apart. They were quite sure that Urban was a done deal with a few details to be ironed out. They said they would "deny him nothing", so no problems. Apparently one of the details was that extra position between CDC and the HFC so that Urban would not have to bother, or be bothered by, Texas BMDs.

That was never a thing. This board is so stupid sometimes. 

3 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

So what do you propose? Don't take money from donors? As I outlined, almost no one will blindly donate large sums. If it's not worth it, either side can say "no thanks". 

What we are doing is obviously not working. If we win the money will come in. Losers have to suck up to keep the spice flowing 

16 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

He’s definitely the one that scared Saban off. And I’m sure he talked to Urban. And Mack was the one who was buddy-buddy with powerful boosters and used them to hold the mob at bay while he continued to steal from us. 

I'm surprised both Saban and Urban aren't smart enough to know Mack's sabotage is just sour grapes. All big time programs have meddling, jock-sniffing BMDs. It just takes a stronger administration - AD and Prez - to tell them to get fucked, when necessary. Easier said than done, I know.

It just looks to me like Hartzell, CDC, and Eltife & cronies made a bad choice in Sark. That's all. Good OC, bad HC. But, his track record already says that. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

What we are doing is obviously not working. If we win the money will come in. Losers have to suck up to keep the spice flowing 

Was it different in '05 ? Maybe a few of the names were different. Not trying to be disrespectful to your position, but I don't see "If we win the money will come in".

13 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'd argue Deloss is the reason all of this came about and is the root cause of a lot of our issues with his attitude toward wealth and money for the program.

Nah, man.  This precedes Dodds.  He saw it as an immediate problem.  The LHF was intended to be a firewall between donors and the programs, but that aspect of it didn't work.

12 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The politically ambitions governor continues to nominate regents who place their personal interests above those of the students and student-athletes. The university administrators place their own personal financial interests and career ambitions above the interests of the students and the student-athletes. The students and student-athletes understand "excellence" and "accountability" are empty words on the 40 Acres. It's one big leadership void.

UT kicks ass at every sport but football, last I checked. Won the Director's Cup last year. If anything, CDC and Hartzell just aren't tough enough while trying to please everyone, especially the money. They just collaborated on a bad hire, much to our chagrin.

I didn't think it could get worse than Charlie, but here we are. FML

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Nah, man.  This precedes Dodds.  He saw it as an immediate problem.  The LHF was intended to be a firewall between donors and the programs, but that aspect of it didn't work.

Pretty sure the LHF was formed to be the PSL sales front that it is. Dodds wasn't as $ centric as Patterson, but he wasn't that far off.

1 hour ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Pretty sure the LHF was formed to be the PSL sales front that it is. Dodds wasn't as $ centric as Patterson, but he wasn't that far off.

this. if Dodds wanted  the LHF to be a firewall he wouldn't have built tons of suites that he needed BMD's to buy.

On 11/19/2021 at 11:26 PM, CTC2 said:

So, who are these BMD's exactly?  In my day I could name them.  Not so much now.

During my time roaming The 40 Acres, some of them were Joe Jamail, JiimBob Moffett, Vernon F. "Doc" Neuhaus, Red McCombs, and "Tex" Moncrief. Red and Tex are the only two of those 5 still alive; Red is 94 now and Tex is 101! No idea how much of their minds are on Texas football anymore.

Former hated-AD Steve Patterson is one of the current BMDs (and was a BMD before being AD), and I suppose Matthew McConaughey might be another, but I don't know what he donates. If someone said more names I might recognize some of them, or not.

Eltife looks like the inept tool version of Tim Blake Nelson.  

We're just gonna hire another mistake after Sark in 2 years.  Every other blue blood program gets a good coach but us.  Wonder why that is?  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Eltife looks like the inept tool version of Tim Blake Nelson.  

We're just gonna hire another mistake after Sark in 2 years.  Every other blue blood program gets a good coach but us.  Wonder why that is?  

Because they're hiring from a larger pool than Texas.  Most other schools don't have the "must have head coaching experience" requirement.  That limits Texas.

8 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Then again, it seemingly is more politics than pure money calling the shots if Eltife really was the driving force behind the Sark hire.   

It’s more palatable to blame The Frenchman for the Sark whiff than it is to accept that the AD may have whiffed. BUT LOOK AT ALL THE OTHER HIRES HE HAS MADE!!! No AD is going to bat 1.000, it just looks like he (along with the other stakeholders) struck out on their most important at bat.

The notion that CDC was completely neutered on that hire is horseshit.

• Hook 'Em 2

The only good news about not making a bowl is that the Horns can get quicker to the rebuild, as opposed to preparing for a beyond meaningless bowl game.

Meanwhile, if you missed Texas HS football this past weekend, 6 last year state champions went down in some amazing games. Lots of good ones this weekend. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

What if Sark says "In the midst of chaos, stability is what these kids need and will look for.  We will stand pat regarding our coaching staff" 

I'll make my way out.

I'm not sure why anyone would think differently. He's not changing his staff. He's talked about the program needing stability at the coaching positions. Sure, a guy could leave for another opportunity but I doubt anyone's getting forced out. 

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I'm not sure why anyone would think differently. He's not changing his staff. He's talked about the program needing stability at the coaching positions. Sure, a guy could leave for another opportunity but I doubt anyone's getting forced out. 

God forbid this program and these players aren't cycling through ANOTHER position coach or coordinator after this year.  

36 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

The only good news about not making a bowl is that the Horns can get quicker to the rebuild, as opposed to preparing for a beyond meaningless bowl game.

Meanwhile, if you missed Texas HS football this past weekend, 6 last year state champions went down in some amazing games. Lots of good ones this weekend. 

The extra practices are worth vastly more than the worthless game experience.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

What if Sark says "In the midst of chaos, stability is what these kids need and will look for.  We will stand pat regarding our coaching staff" 

I'll make my way out.

Sark said in a presser a few weeks ago that his staff “didn’t suddenly forget how to coach”. I think that statement strongly indicated he’s not going to make changes to the staff this off-season. 

• Rage+1 2