Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Y'all be sure and wish the Looch Happy Birthday.

Texas A&M FootballSponsor
Sponsored By
1 of 1

Happy Birthday Looch

DfMIjxzUcAAbt92.jpg

UncoverAg00

AG

The older he gets, the more he looks like Elvis... I hope he has many more prosperous years all devoid of laxatives and giant death dookies.

claydee2

AG

Bootlicker

FriscoKid

AG

2:23 AM and Looch is on your mind???

FriscoKid said:

"It is 2:23 exactly, the exact moment when you emerged from your mother's vaginal canal." 

Page 1 of 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

22 minutes ago, THEHORN5561 said:

Y'all be sure and wish the Looch Happy Birthday.

Texas A&M FootballSponsor
Sponsored By
1 of 1

Happy Birthday Looch

DfMIjxzUcAAbt92.jpg

UncoverAg00

AG

The older he gets, the more he looks like Elvis... I hope he has many more prosperous years all devoid of laxatives and giant death dookies.

claydee2

AG

Bootlicker

FriscoKid

AG

FriscoKid said:

"It is 2:23 exactly, the exact moment when you emerged from your mother's vaginal canal." 

Page 1 of 1

he does kinda look like a pakastani elvis 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

that is not quite accurate math

the single year income does not really represent the payout from an investment fund to either university it just represents the single year investment income

aggy could have had a poor year that particular year (well they have a poor year every year being aggy, but NEXT YEAR!), but a poor year investment wise anyway and UT could have had a better than average year investment wise

here is the aggy foundation site

https://www.txamfoundation.com/About/Financials.aspx

it has June 2018 as the last listing

Net Assets
$1.995 billion

Long-term Investment Pool
$1.793 billion

Payments to/for Texas A&M
$111.1 million

here is private endowments for UTIMCO

http://www.utimco.org/scripts/PrivateEndowInfo/Complist.asp

UT just up over $4 billion

also the calculations from investment income would still not equal payouts and payouts would not be usable for calculating investment assets because UTIMCO uses a 5 year rolling average (I believe 5 years) of assets and aggy actually uses a bit longer (7 years I believe)

so the investment income from a single year and any listed payout to the university from the investment fund for a single year does not allow for an accurate calculation of the investment assets at that time

First of all, when using figures aggy reports for its assets under management, show your adjustments.

From A&M's December 2018 federal municipal securities filings:

"The A&M System provides investment services to Midwestern State University (MWSU), Stephen F. Austin University (SFA), and Texas Woman’s University (TWU). As of August 31, 2018, the A&M System managed investments valued at $41,226,260.46 for MWSU, $71,621,794.15 for SFA, and $175,625,332.92 for TWU. The investment totals and all disclosures presented below include the amounts invested on behalf of MWSU, SFA, and TWU"

There are additional downward adjustments to get to the number they report for the College Station campus. If one university is reporting $35 million in investment income and another is reporting $235 million, there is no way the two institutions do not have VASTLY different endowment totals. The risk profile of both investment portfolios is substantially similar. The payout rate is materially identical.

A&M does not use a 7-yr rolling average of asset values. As per their federal filings:

"The purpose of The Texas A&M University System Endowment Fund (the Fund) is to provide for the collective investment of all endowment and trust funds held by the A&M System or by the Board of Regents of the A&M System in a fiduciary capacity. The Fund is used to provide funding for scholarships, fellowships, professorships, academic chairs and other uses as specified by donors.

Distribution is made quarterly after the last calendar day of November, February, May, and August of each fiscal year to the endowment and trust funds participating in the Fund during the respective quarter. Income consists of interest earnings, dividends and realized capital gains. The income distribution per unit for each fiscal year will be to distribute, excluding fees, 5% of the 20-quarter average market value per unit as of the end of the previous February."

The reality is that one investment portfolio is much, much larger than the other. The easiest way to arrive at a rough estimate of the assets of the portfolio is to divide available invest income by the distribution rate for the perpetual annuity, and you have the number you are looking for.

Edited by Randolph Duke

Clearly, Luigi has never read GQ on the subject of beards:

This is really rule 2a, but bears being singled out. A goatee looks like a mouth vagina, which is crass, I know, but it’s the truth, and a friend will tell you the truth. I am not your friend, so I can tell you the truth while also being mean about it: your goatee looks like a mouth vagina.

• Like 2

First of all, when using figures aggy reports for its assets under management, show your adjustments.
From A&M's December 2018 federal municipal securities filings:
"The A&M System provides investment services to Midwestern State University (MWSU), Stephen F. Austin University (SFA), and Texas Woman’s University (TWU). As of August 31, 2018, the A&M System managed investments valued at $41,226,260.46 for MWSU, $71,621,794.15 for SFA, and $175,625,332.92 for TWU. The investment totals and all disclosures presented below include the amounts invested on behalf of MWSU, SFA, and TWU"
There are additional downward adjustments to get to the number they report for the College Station campus. If one university is reporting $35 million in investment income and another is reporting $235 million, there is no way the two institutions do not have VASTLY different endowment totals. The risk profile of both investment portfolios is substantially similar. The payout rate is materially identical.

A&M does not use a 7-yr rolling average of asset values. As per their federal filings:
"The purpose of The Texas A&M University System Endowment Fund (the Fund) is to provide for the collective investment of all endowment and trust funds held by the A&M System or by the Board of Regents of the A&M System in a fiduciary capacity. The Fund is used to provide funding for scholarships, fellowships, professorships, academic chairs and other uses as specified by donors.
Distribution is made quarterly after the last calendar day of November, February, May, and August of each fiscal year to the endowment and trust funds participating in the Fund during the respective quarter. Income consists of interest earnings, dividends and realized capital gains. The income distribution per unit for each fiscal year will be to distribute, excluding fees, 5% of the 20-quarter average market value per unit as of the end of the previous February."

The reality is that one investment portfolio is much, much larger than the other. The easiest way to arrive at a rough estimate of the assets of the portfolio is to divide available invest income by the distribution rate for the perpetual annuity, and you have the number you are looking for.

I blocked ButtholeFumble, but because of quoted posts, I was able to enjoy you bitch slapping him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

On 2/15/2019 at 9:25 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy 2019 prediction thread turns into a Texas prediction thread.  Best post is "If tu can beat Georgia then we can."

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3021206

On 2/15/2019 at 10:10 PM, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Everyone needs to learn screenshot this shit. It has already been purged. 

A sip troll who calls himself "Battle Cattle" started that thread.  Some of the aggy big donors (on the free pages, BTW) cried about having to read posts from a sip and they deleted the thread.  Battle Cattle always speaks in third person, which probably didn't help.  The taunting was gentle, but real.

I fucking hate that site.  Biggest snowflake bitches known to man.  Zero self awareness.  Whenever the subject of reviving the Texas - aggy game comes up there's a guy who posts a photo of the ref who threw the flag on the helmet to helmet that gave us a 1st down on the final drive the last time we played.  Hey, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Edited by Bullneck

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

A sip troll who calls himself "Battle Cattle" started that thread.  Some of the aggy big donors (on the free pages, BTW) cried about having to read posts from a sip and they deleted the thread.  Battle Cattle always speaks in third person, which probably didn't help.  The taunting was gentle, but real.

I fucking hate that site.  Biggest snowflake bitches known to man.  Zero self awareness.  Whenever the subject of reviving the Texas - aggy game comes up there's a guy who posts a photo of the ref who threw the flag on the helmet to helmet that gave us a 1st down on the final drive the last time we played.  Hey, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

This is what slays me.  They would have wiped the bdf in '12.  With jizzjar and Sherm's nfl o-line, they could have walked away with DKR scoreboard AND a league title.

9 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

This is what slays me.  They would have wiped the bdf in '12.  With jizzjar and Sherm's nfl o-line, they could have walked away with DKR scoreboard AND a league title.

9 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

It's their thing...they always would have or should have or could have. But they never do. 

This right here but I'll also add that I would've bet anything that aggy would've got whooped (pun intended) in '12.

FWIW That fall semester I had classes with guys like Jeffcoat, Okafor, Diggs, Vaccaro and others. I wasn't friends or anything. Just talked occasionally because I always sat next to them and tried to listen in on the good stuff. I remember in one class Okafor turned around and asked me what a fairly basic word (I think introvert) meant that one would assume an upperclassman would know. Thought that was kinda funny but didn't judge because he's in there doing the same thing I was-- learning, and because he is a really chill, non egotistical person. Actually got another (slightly more funny) story about him and his late 90's green galant getting ticketed right in front of me in downtown shortly after that "pizza stand altercation" he was a party to. 

ANYWAYS... Those guys I mentioned were talking shit about johnny and aggy the whole season. Constantly saying how much they wished they got to play him the year before/ in a bowl that year because they wanted to fuck him up and put him into rehab and early retirement (okay maybe I'm adding in a little but you get the idea.) So no, aggy wouldn't have won shit and their hero definitely wouldn't have been a Heisman had they stayed in the bdf, @Hagbard Celine. /csb 

Tldr aggy didn't/ wouldn't win shit and had they played us, Kerrville's finest would've looked worse than an orgy full of 80 year olds.

Edited by BigHorn'13
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 10:12 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

Former Frisco mayor Bob Warren lost his ring!  On his 98th Birthday this week he got his 1942 replica manufactured by Balfour free of charge!

WFAA 8 Theresa Woodard reporting.

Theresa Woodard is the nutty aggy, bitch that reported on the Bush funeral as if it were an aggy pep rally.  I posted some links when it happened.  Suffice to say, it was absolutely surreal.  Story after story about aggy this and aggy that.  Bush's death was kind of a side note.