Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

6 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

SEC coaches don't seem impressed with Elko. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Anonymous-SEC-coaches-expect-big-changes-for-Texas-AM-Aggies-football-under-Jimbo-Fisher-118487094

The addition of Mike Elko as defensive coordinator is publicly considered one of the best hires of the offseason. Most recently the defensive coordinator for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, SEC coaches privately appear unexcited about the hire. The Aggies have work to do after 36 points per game allowed last season from November onward. Notre Dame gave up 369.2 yards and 21.5 points per game last season compared to 408.5 yards and 30.7 points per game for A&M.

"He knows what he can do,” an SEC coach said anonymously. “But I never thought Notre Dame played great defense. I watched the first half of (A&M's) spring game and I thought the defense sucked."

So really not that much difference in yardage given up.

And that coach is right, aggy defense does suck.

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Lulz.  I got to watch typical aggy choke away a regional softball game this morning.  Trust me.  Nothing else was on.

aggy up 1, bottom of 7th, Florida with runners on 1st and 2nd - 2 outs.

1) Florida batter hits weak grounder to short.  Game over?  Nope.  Went through the girl's legs.  Bases loaded.

2) aggy walks the next batter.  Tie game.

3) aggy brings in a new pitcher and she walks the batter.  Florida wins.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Florida softball team took the first game of the Super Regionals against 15-seed Texas A&M. 

UF was trailing Texas A&M 4-1 in the 7th.   Four walks, two errors and a home run by Amanda Lorenz allowed the Gator comeback.

Aggie pitcher walked a run in to tie the game at 4-4.

The Aggies made a pitching change, and the relief pitcher threw a ball on a full count to walk in the winning run and give the Gators the victory.

Pooor Aggies.

C h o k e d.     Did I spell that correctly?

21 hours ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Yep. We have two nationally relevant games a year.  They have 0.  Their games against Bama in 2012 and 2013 were nationally relevant, but then 51-0 happened and no one's given a shit since.  People who tune into that game outside of Texas tune in because it's Bama. aggy has minimal affect on the national attention to that game.

The only other argument they have would be their "rivalry" with LSU, which they've never won and LSU forced to be moved off of Thanksgiving day because it was a stupid attempt by aggy to stay relevant from the years when it got to play us on that day.

Ahem... 59-0 

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Lulz.  I got to watch typical aggy choke away a regional softball game this morning.  Trust me.  Nothing else was on.

1) Florida batter hits weak grounder to short.  Game over?  Nope.  Went through the girl's legs.  Bases loaded.

aggy gonna aggy. That is outstanding!

On 5/23/2018 at 12:30 PM, UT Lawnghorn said:

While I'm never one to skip an opportunity to make fun of aggy. I don't think this is very reasonable. It would be dumb of us to schedule two big time P5 programs OOC, and while aggy has an extra OOC game, we have Kansas so I think that kind of evens out. 

disagree.  they play 8 conference games, not 9, ducked Georgia and Florida (v. gatah x2, v. dawg 0) in the first 6 sec seasons, and the 2nd/3rd/4th games in their OOC are never P5.  they play 2 fewer P5 than we do, every year.  they play 1 or some years 2 more home games than we do.  every year.  they are never going to win the sec west, and they are never going to win less than 6 because of the 3 walks.  they have no reason at all to duck us.

i'm just po'ed that cdc gave them a chance to say yes.  7 years down, 93 to go.

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

disagree.  they play 8 conference games, not 9, ducked Georgia and Florida (v. gatah x2, v. dawg 0) in the first 6 sec seasons, and the 2nd/3rd/4th games in their OOC are never P5.  they play 2 fewer P5 than we do, every year.  they play 1 or some years 2 more home games than we do.  every year.  they are never going to win the sec west, and they are never going to win less than 6 because of the 3 walks.  they have no reason at all to duck us.

i'm just po'ed that cdc gave them a chance to say yes.  7 years down, 93 to go.

I was responding to people who were saying they should have scheduled us and Miami in the same year.  Since Miami is already scheduled, they have 9 P5 games that year.

Since aggy's 100 year decision they have defeated 30 P5 schools in football,  During that same period UT has defeated 33.  Aggy has only defeated more than 5 P5 schools in one season during that time period, and that was 7 during their magical run to the almost natty.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

5 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

There is some GIF worthy video at the end of that game showing the aggy dugout cheering when the ball was hit, only to then get sad realizing the out was not called and game continued. Would be good for the rollercoaster High, then low.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/23588053/2018-ncaa-softball-tournament-lastest-news-super-regionals

Edited by Droopy
link

Since aggy's 100 year decision they have defeated 30 P5 schools in football,  During that same period UT has defeated 33.  Aggy has only defeated more than 5 P5 schools in one season during that time period, and that was 7 during their magical run to the almost natty.
That's some dumb, liberal sippy talk right there..

Did you forget beating Bama counts as 2.5 P5 schools? That's only .5 behind, but got Jimbo, don't care.

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I am counting 35/31. The aggy 7 FBS win season in 2012 was the first time they exceeded six since 1998.

Edited by Randolph Duke

UT        Aggy

2012                      7               7

2013                      7               5

2014                      5               4

2015                      4               5

2016                      4               5

2017                      6               4

33             30

59 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

UT        Aggy

33             30

Randolph bad at maths once cocktail starts.

21 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

UT        Aggy

33             30

giphy.gif