Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

23 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Coworker of mine has a daughter that was making a college visit to aggyland. @Randolph Duke I told her to ask the tour guide about Rudder to stir the pot lol 

She should ask if Sul Ross' own daughter claimed his life's actions were driven by a fervent passion to "establish the supremacy of the white man," how is the statue of him at the center of the aggy campus anything other than a shrine to a white supremacist.

ross daughter foreward grab.jpeg

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Yet another example of aggys fabricating "facts." They substitute these complete fabrications for "knowledge." This happens in institutions where cultural indoctrination is prioritized over education.

Remember, the PUF exists as the exclusive endowment of The University of Texas. Any changes in the distribution of PUF assets (and, by extension, AUF assets) requires a constitutional amendment. A vote of the state legislature to redistribute PUF assets would have no legal effect. Texas A&M receives proceeds of PUF assets because it is constitutionally a branch of UT Austin (not an element of the UT System). Furthermore, UT Austin has never asserted it can't expand its physical plant. The current efforts to build the Dell medical college argues the contrary. Additionally, an inability to expand physical plant was never cited as justification for exempting UT Austin from the "10% Rule." Last I looked, guaranteed admission to UT Austin was only given to the top 6%, not the top "7-8%".

Texas A&M is the only post-secondary educational institution I can think of whose culture is entirely dependent on the ignorance of its students, alumni and administrators.

"The state won't allow it. Since it was voted down to allow PUF funds to tech and UH, A&M and texas are the only 2 state tier 1 research schools. And since Texas claims they can't expand in Austin ( why they get the top 7-8 % rule) A&M must expand"

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3294285/last

aggy_ralph copy.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

She should ask if Sul Ross' own daughter claimed his life's actions were driven by a fervent passion to "establish the supremacy of the white man," how is the statue of him at the center of the aggy campus anything other than a shrine to a white supremacist.

ross daughter foreward grab.jpeg

She should ask “didn’t Horace Carswell graduate from TCU and play on their football team?  Why is he listed as aggy Medal of Honor recipient?

Edit: Google’s quick search results list aggy as his place of education and interment. Factually wrong and rage-inducing. If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes fact. 
EB7B6F2B-D48B-41F0-AEF4-CE4CA057B2C9.thumb.jpeg.4936fe528e87dd9fce048bfe364abb6a.jpeg

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, nnm said:

She should ask “didn’t Horace Carswell graduate from TCU and play on their football team?  Why is he listed as aggy Medal of Honor recipient?

Edit: Google’s quick search results list aggy as his place of education and interment. Factually wrong and rage-inducing. If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes fact. 
EB7B6F2B-D48B-41F0-AEF4-CE4CA057B2C9.thumb.jpeg.4936fe528e87dd9fce048bfe364abb6a.jpeg

Horace Carswell is not buried on the Texas A&M campus. Fabricating lies for self-aggrandizement about Medal of Honor recipients killed in combat is something most people would consider reprehensible. Not aggys. Truth means little to aggys.

Here is a more complete biography of Carswell, along with the details of his MOH citation:

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/9812/horace-seaver-carswell

It begins as follows:

"World War II Medal of Honor Recipient. He received the award posthumously on February 4, 1946 for his actions as a B-24 Liberator aircraft pilot with the 308th Bombardment Group, US Army Air Corps on October 26, 1944 near the South China Sea. After high school, he graduated from Texas Christian University in 1939 with a bachelor's degree in physical education."

carswell burial site.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

More aggy "facts." Carnegie "Tier 1" classification. There are nine post-secondary institutions in Texas classified as "Tier 1." Five of those institutions are components of the University of Texas System.

"A&M and texas are the only 2 state tier 1 research schools"

"I said tier 1 research avalibility is why a&m cant cap admissions or at least why they haven't been able to. Which is what I was responding to. UH and tech can't become tier 1 ( or is a LOT harder) without [PUF] access." https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3294285/replies/62237165

2021 Carnegie Classifications of Higher Education Institutions released

January 06, 2022
By: Emily Chesser

In January, the Carnegie Classifications of Institutions of Higher Education released an updated 2021 classification list for universities. In this update, nine more universities have achieved the “Doctoral/Very High Research Activity” or “R1” category, the highest possible rank among research universities. https://ssti.org/blog/2021-carnegie-classifications-higher-education-institutions-released

Texas post-secondary institutions classified as “Doctoral/Very High Research Activity” or “R1”:

Baylor University

Texas A&M College Station

University of Texas – Arlington

University of Texas – Austin

University of Texas – Dallas

University of Texas - El Paso

University of Texas – San Antonio

University of Houston

University of North Texas

Source:https://carnegieclassifications.acenet.edu/lookup/srp.php?clq={"basic2005_ids"%3A"15"}&limit=0,50&orderby=sortname&start_page=standard.php

Edited by Randolph Duke

10 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

The SEC has already said that pods aren't happening.

I was hearing that as well.  There will be either 1 or 3 "permanent" games, and if 1 then it will rotate with 3 teams (home and home with OU then rotate to aggy then arkie, etc. WHICH I HATE because of the state fair) 

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I was hearing that as well.  There will be either 1 or 3 "permanent" games, and if 1 then it will rotate with 3 teams (home and home with OU then rotate to aggy then arkie, etc. WHICH I HATE because of the state fair) 

The OU game will NOT go home and home.  The conference can't dictate that. And we will play OU every year. Bank on it.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

The OU game will NOT go home and home.  The conference can't dictate that. And we will play OU every year. Bank on it.

This here. I doubt Texas and Ousux came in with a lot of demands but I would guess this was one of the handful they might have had.  

3 minutes ago, HornsofBevo said:

This here. I doubt Texas and Ousux came in with a lot of demands but I would guess this was one of the handful they might have had.  

It would be expensive for the SEC to not have that game on TV every year.  People that hate Texas and OU watch, and people that love Texas and OU watch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

That whole article reads like The Onion..

image.thumb.png.4cdcb7aef6b2ff16ac797859f28aad6a.png

Rotten House plays the victim card so well. Yet another reason he's a perfect fit for aggy. I don't think aggy accepts him though. As stupid as aggy is, even they realize that Kyle isn't worth the media circus he'll draw. He's also an out-of-state applicant (for now) and the academic admission criteria has to be more rigorous. 

Edited by UDontKnow

35 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I'm aware.  The universities will ask for some concessions from the city and the city will agree and they will sign a new contract.  Just like they did last time.

That would seem to be the clubhouse leader, but there’s a lot of golf still to be played. 

I’m not even willing to bet what happens with the B12 rights negotiations in 2023, let alone something slated for 2025.

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

That would seem to be the clubhouse leader, but there’s a lot of golf still to be played. 

I’m not even willing to bet what happens with the B12 rights negotiations in 2023, let alone something slated for 2025.

Texas, OU, and the city of Dallas typically re-up the contract when there are a couple of years remaining.  This time will be no different.  2023 would be appropriate timing with respect to the historical trend.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ousux said:
8 minutes ago, utee94 said:
Texas, OU, and the city of Dallas typically re-up the contract when there are a couple of years remaining.  This time will be no different.  2023 would be appropriate timing with respect to the historical trend.

I dont care if the city of Dallas refuses to spend another penny updating or even maintaining the cotton bowl...as long as the field is safe for players. I'll bring my own lawnchair if the stand crumble to dust. Fuck home and home, fuck jerryworld, and most of all, fuck blowU.

Agree 100%, but of course it won't come to that.  It never does.

Texas and OU will request some further upgrades, and the city of Dallas will provide them.  The renovations over the past 2-3 contract negotiations have been quite positive.  The widening and opening-up of the concourses in the endzones, the new upper decks, and improved ingress/egress, have all been welcome changes.  There are plenty more upgrades that could be made, and I have no doubt they'll be requested by the schools, and accepted by the city. 

4 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I'm aware.  The universities will ask for some concessions from the city and the city will agree and they will sign a new contract.  Just like they did last time.

When does the Surly contract with Lee Harvey's expire?  We'll need to ask for some concessions, as well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

If it ever goes to Jerry World I won't watch. I'll also start a petition to keep it from going over there. 

I'll be out on all of cfb, if the SEC move kills TX/OU at the CB.  Really, really tiring of giving up all of cfb's traditions for copious amounts of cash.  Shit is depressing. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

If it ever goes to Jerry World I won't watch. I'll also start a petition to keep it from going over there. 

I would watch, but from my living room.  I went there for Texas Nebraska B12 championship and it was an awful place to watch CFB.  I was in the lower tier about 75 yards from the LHB and at times I could not hear them from the blaring overhead speakers.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, markstanco said:

I would watch, but from my living room.  I went there for Texas Nebraska B12 championship and it was an awful place to watch CFB.  I was in the lower tier about 75 yards from the LHB and at times I could not hear them from the blaring overhead speakers.

Yeah I was at the Big 12 championship in the rematch with OU in 2018 and it didn't have the same vibe. Felt like a glorified NFL exhibition. A lot of OU folks I know didn't like the atmosphere at Jerry World either. 

Funny thing is that there are a handful of aggy folks who hate playing Arkansas there and wish it was a home and home. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Funny thing is that there are a handful of aggy folks who hate playing Arkansas there and wish it was a home and home. 

Im not sure why any CF team outside of those dumb 'oregon vs. georgia or alabama' early September games would like that.  It would probably be cool to the players since they have never seen a place like it. I would guess the only thing going for Jerry World in September is the weather inside. 

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Im not sure why any CF team outside of those dumb 'oregon vs. georgia or alabama' early September games would like that.  It would probably be cool to the players since they have never seen a place like it. I would guess the only thing going for Jerry World in September is the weather inside. 

Exactly this. Bama likes playing at Jerry World and the Mercedes Benz Stadium in ATL because they don't have any stadiums like those in Alabama. A lot of those early September games other schools don't seem to mind traveling to Jerry World because Labor Day road trip/vacation. 

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

ATT Stadium has the same Arkansas backwoods white trash vibe as the Jones family.

And then there's the food. No stadium will ever do better than the food available at Fair Park the weekend of the Texas/OU game.

"Inspectors noted that the chef at a cheesesteak and margarita stand was working with sweat dripping from his face on Oct. 1, 2017. Inspectors suggested the employee take routine breaks."

"Inspectors found several live roaches during an Oct. 1, 2017, inspection of one vendor."

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, but aggy thinks they should play 9 or 10 home games every season. They also think playing FCS schools is crucial for the good of FCS.

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

ATT Stadium has the same Arkansas backwoods white trash vibe as the Jones family.

And then there's the food. No stadium will ever do better than the food available at Fair Park the weekend of the Texas/OU game.

"Inspectors noted that the chef at a cheesesteak and margarita stand was working with sweat dripping from his face on Oct. 1, 2017. Inspectors suggested the employee take routine breaks."

"Inspectors found several live roaches during an Oct. 1, 2017, inspection of one vendor."

uh, bad news for you if you think that the concessions at the COTTON BOWL are top tier.

yes, Fair Park concessions are great - but again, if you think there are zero health code violations there.......................yikes.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NoName said:

uh, bad news for you if you think that the concessions at the COTTON BOWL are top tier.

yes, Fair Park concessions are great - but again, if you think there are zero health code violations there.......................yikes.

I'd never eat at the Cotton Bowl. The state fair food is what I was talking about.

As an aside, I met the CEO of the group that is taking over management of Fair Park at the Coldplay concert a few weeks ago. Supposedly they have already raised north of $300 mil for infrastructure projects. Their ambitions are far higher than that. They have brought Live Nation to book concerts in the stadium. Time will tell who they give the food contract to. My guess would be Legends, but that is a matter for another day.

Also, I finally got to check out the 8th floor of press box structure. Best view in the house. Even better than the sniper team's spot.

IMG_8633.JPG

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

de173332d48d0252d73e33410f3b51c5.jpg

I knew that was going to come back at me. Trust me, it was business and not pleasure. And at least it wasn't Nickleback.

Knowing the team that operates the Cotton Bowl helps at times. (If the a/c in the OU locker room doesn't work this October, don't blame me.)

• Haha 2

Flashing white supremacy signs in a bar... yeah I'd say Kyle's a perfect fit for aggy... 
2c2a83ea-2ca2-4a11-a4d1-560c5861a7a9_image.jpg?crop=1.00xw:1.00xh;0,0&resize=1200:*
maxresdefault.jpg

Rittenhouse may think that's some sort of white supremecy sign and why he did it, but if so he fell for the same 4chan lulz the mainstream media did...and you as well I assume.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
8 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:
Flashing white supremacy signs in a bar... yeah I'd say Kyle's a perfect fit for aggy... 
2c2a83ea-2ca2-4a11-a4d1-560c5861a7a9_image.jpg?crop=1.00xw:1.00xh;0,0&resize=1200:*
maxresdefault.jpg

Rittenhouse may think that's some sort of white supremecy sign and why he did it, but if so he fell for the same 4chan lulz the mainstream media did...and you as well I assume.

Everyone in Texas has seen the actual white supremacist sign. Its the thumb.

aggy yell leader pic.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4