Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

4 hours ago, BornOrange said:

One of the most ridiculous "Corps traditions" is that they wear their pretend military uniforms at graduation, even if they aren't going into the military.

I went to a family member's graduation that was also the commissioning ceremony for those graduates receiving their military commissions. They were dressed in the uniform of whatever branch of the military they were entering. They received their degree from atm, and then their commission as an officer in whatever branch they were entering. All branches of the military were represented. That part of the ceremony was impressive and patriotic, and I felt grateful for all those deciding to serve their country. But I was dumbfounded to see all these corps turds wearing their pretend army costumes instead of a cap and gown, but not having the balls or the patriotism to serve their country.

My opinion of corps turds was already pretty low, but it certainly went down after that ceremony.

I'm guessing that some of these pretend-soldiers just like the uniform...appeals to chicks....then, return the uniform and get some other kind of job....non military.

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

10 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

What a delusional idiot

2C73BEE7-15A0-42D4-B0C1-273C82DA9838.jpeg

Gumps, corndogs, and tenn are guaranteed losses right off the bat. Then you know they're going to drop at least two of the remainder of their schedule, so I'd say they're looking at about 5 losses minimum. 

Edited by LateAughtsHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

When I showed up to campus that Friday evening, with my high and tight “flat-top”, my buddy (Junior in aTm/Corps) met me in the parking lot. Everyone we saw, he told them that I was “real Army”! I was like dude, I’m a PFC and still in my AIT training prior to being assigned to my unit in W. Germany for MLRS.

PFC = private first class

AIT = advanced individual training

MLRS = multiple-launch rocket system?

Help us civilians out here and thank you for your service.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

When I was a young enlisted guy, still in training for my future job, my best friend/neighbor was actually in the Corps. They were hosting LSU, late ‘80s and he said if I came down from Ft. Sill, that he’d find a place for me to crash/sleep for the weekend, as a lot of the members went home for the weekend after the game.

When I showed up to campus that Friday evening, with my high and tight “flat-top”, my buddy (Junior in aTm/Corps) met me in the parking lot. Everyone we saw, he told them that I was “real Army”! I was like dude, I’m a PFC and still in my AIT training prior to being assigned to my unit in W. Germany for MLRS.

Those imbeciles thought I was a God because I’d at least went through Basic Training (real Army). I didn’t complain, as if I remember LSU won a low-scoring game and as a 19 year old, I didn’t have to buy a single beer the whole weekend!

Hook’em!!!

Were you stationed in Babenhausen? I spent many a fun weekends there in the early 90's. 

17 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

PFC = private first class

AIT = advanced individual training

MLRS = multiple-launch rocket system?

Help us civilians out here and thank you for your service.

I'll answer that for him. Those are correct. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I was at a party two years ago, where I knew a couple of young Air Force guys. One was a flight weapons officer who graduated from the Citadel and the other a C-130 pilot who graduated from VMI. Some guy who had a desk job in procurement at the base, came up to them and started talking about how rough it was being a corps turd and and how much the corps at A&M had in common with VMI & The Citadel. They just smiled a lot and rolled their eyes when he left. They said it happens every time they meet a corps grad and that the majority of them were dweebs.   

• Haha 7

41 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Wertheim - 72nd Field Artillery Brigade and part of the 4/27 FA Battalion (MLRS). It was a small post with Brigade Commander also being the Post Commander. Really a beautiful location overlooking the town (Wertheim) down in the river valley.

I was stationed there from March ‘89 to September’91.

Hook’em!!!

Oh boy!  Those were interesting times eh?  I was in Korea when the Berlin wall came down and we were on full alert for 48 hours. I can't imagine what it was like in Germany.

From the Texags thread on dropping the corps march in: I haven't seen an in-stadium march-in since I was a student and half of those times it was because my friend was pretty much a bootchaser.

Does this imply that that there were women at A&M whose first criteria for choosing a man was that they were in the corps?

1 hour ago, Crapinon said:

I was at a party two years ago, where I knew a couple of young Air Force guys. One was a flight weapons officer who graduated from the Citadel and the other a C-130 pilot who graduated from VMI. Some guy who had a desk job in procurement at the base, came up to them and started talking about how rough it was being a corps turd and and how much the corps at A&M had in common with VMI & The Citadel. They just smiled a lot and rolled their eyes when he left. They said it happens every time they meet a corps grad and that the majority of them were dweebs.   

Well, it was tough being a corps turd…. what with getting shoved around by SMU cheerleaders and having to yell at tourists to stay off that sacred grass on campus.

• Haha 3

the article ain't nobody got time for has aggy listed in several categories of "should improve by a game"

they could certainly repeat last year but it would be very difficult

w - new mexico - they couldn't possibly...... (1-0)

L - @ miami - let's hope they try their corps shit on miami beach the night before (1-1)

w - UL monroe - first half hangover from miami and late garbage points will be ignored - coaster climb reset (2-1)

w - barn - i think this is the big surprise result - NATTY INCOMING, PLAYOFFS FER SHURE (3-1)

L - pig @ deathstar - pig are due - continual great escapes have aggy believing they own this game without consideration and it finally bites them (3-2)

so they're at 3-2 with the "early setback" (pig).... natty off the table but

L - daddy comes to pyle, vaginas bleed (3-3)

L - @ rockytop - not happening (3-4)

aggy go in to their bye week at 3-4, nursing their ego and bleeding from every orifice

W - cocks - after a bye week, despite carolina possibly being good to decent, boomhauer runs only 40 plays and grinds them in to surrender through boredom (4-4)

W - @ klan - still fresh after a bye week and the amazing reduction in required work product, they produce a miracle in oxford (5-4)

aggy are now back above .500 to reset the coaster - natty is off the table - sec west is off the tale - but NEXT YEAR NATTY is in play - no boomhauer buyout - SUCCESS!!!!

L - klan aggy come to town for the maroon-out game - only aggy would schedule a maroon-out against a school that also wears maroon - this alone guarantees the L (5-5)

L - abilene christian - yes, you are reading this right - they lose to ACU because the universe works this way - indoctrination station in crisis (5-6)

rumors of termination for cause sweep the brazos valley this week, looch orders the horde to sharpen pitchforks and get the torches oiled

W - @ corndog - boomhauer is actually worried about his pile of gold, gives petrino the call, and aggy unleashes a passing attack, running 70 plays, and wins going away (6-6)

NEXT YEAR BABY!

postscript: aggy draws wake forest again in a bowl game, and wake withdraws 24 hours before kickoff - AGGY R 8-6 INCLUDING THE SPRING GAME - put it on the wall

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

27 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

"Respect among member institutions".  LOFL

If they respected you, they wouldn't have stabbed you in the back, dumbass.

I don’t think they put enough thought into it to stab them in the back. aggy never even crossed their minds. Neither did Vanderbilt. 

Edited by Tex Pete

4 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

"Conference was great to be a part of for the short time we got to be a member with Slive. Great leadership, no sips, respect among member institutions."

Lol, no one ever respected them. They were admitted into the SEC because A&M would never pose any threat on the field and would pave the way for SEC teams to recruit in Texas. It was the ultimate disrespect.

This exactly.

• Hook 'Em 1

Lulz.
Leon O'Neal got suspended indefinitely from the IFL (Indoor Football League) for going into the stands to fight fans.
Forgot to thank [mention=564]Longhornfrenzy[/mention] for the Twitter notification.
He instantly earned Jimbo's admiration...especially since he actually had the balls to fight a fan.
  • Hook 'Em 1