• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

57 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Do some of these idiots actually believe we wouldn't play ou during the fair?

It really does look as if a group of those mouthbreathers think that the SEC is going to fuck up a major asset they just acquired. They’re apparently going to do this because the conference can’t find another rivalry for Texas on what they term “rivalry weekend” in which such treasured classics as South Carolina getting their heads beat in by Clemson and Georgia raping Georgia Tech take place. It’s apparently mandatory as an unwritten gentlemen’s agreement that this has to happen. Never mind Florida and Georgia playing each other at a neutral site in October.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I've taken shits with higher IQ's than aggy graduates so I'm not surprised that these fucknuggets think the SEC is going to dismantle the Texas-OU game in order to appease any minor scheduling conflict that may arise. What does surprise me though is that guy saying that Texas doesn't fit the SEC mold. How accurate and profound that statement is. Granted, he meant it in a snide way but regardless he could not be any more correct. Bravo. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

I highly doubt Texas and Oklahoma go to the SEC without a written guarantee that their game would continue each year just as it always has.  A written guarantee, not a gentleman’s agreement that some seem to believe are binding contracts.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I highly doubt Texas and Oklahoma go to the SEC without a written guarantee that their game would continue each year just as it always has.  A written guarantee, not a gentleman’s agreement that some seem to believe are binding contracts.

This would seem to imply that adults are running the UT/OU programs, and perhaps that's not true for our friends to the east.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I’m guessing aggy has a drawer full of gentleman’s agreements….

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

Only aggy would use state money on something this stupid (and then publicize it for all to see)

A class that teaches the "history" of BBQ

...and as you might imagine they are getting universally gashed in the comments.

That's not an aggy U course. Pretty sure that's "Camp Brisket" which is taught by some of Texas' best pitmasters and some aggy faculty in the "meat" field. It's a 2-day class that is damn near impossible to get into from what I understand.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

That's not an aggy U course. Pretty sure that's "Camp Brisket" which is taught by some of Texas' best pitmasters and some aggy faculty in the "meat" field. It's a 2-day class that is damn near impossible to get into from what I understand.

I was just there a few months ago. Amazing class. Almost as good as the BBQ Summer Camp

6 hours ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

Only aggy would use state money on something this stupid (and then publicize it for all to see)

A class that teaches the "history" of BBQ

...and as you might imagine they are getting universally gashed in the comments.

Professor:  “Spencer, where’s your homework”?

Spencer:   “I ate it”!

22 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

A buddy of mine took this.  I sat in it a couple times after a few beers at the Posse. Pretty sure I could have passed the final without ever going to class. 

sorry it’s gone. 

I took it my first semester - my fine arts credit. I wouldn’t say the final was difficult, but you would have had to go to class (well maybe not to pass, but to get an A). First half of the course was all about the antecedents of what became “rock,” going all the way back to slave songs and such. It was more a history of American music (and some culture) in general than what you’d think of as “rock”. Was a good class. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I took it my first semester - my fine arts credit. I wouldn’t say the final was difficult, but you would have had to go to class (well maybe not to pass, but to get an A). First half of the course was all about the antecedents of what became “rock,” going all the way back to slave songs and such. It was more a history of American music (and some culture) in general than what you’d think of as “rock”. Was a good class. 

This.
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Took history of rap taught by some German guy. Spent more than half the semester on late 70s early 80s shit, break dancing and graffiti. Everyone was pissed (deservedly so) that he didn't integrate something on Texas rap. /csb

Hmmmm

allways thought a Texas rap was Earl Cambell sausage  and a tortilla…..

no wonder y’all were pissed.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Can't decide if he is on the first row of the roller coaster or just really good at sunshine pumping for his mass of morons so he can generate more money/clicks.

Hint: it won't be aggy based on their first 12 SEC years

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Can't decide if he is on the first row of the roller coaster or just really good at sunshine pumping for his mass of morons so he can generate more money/clicks.

I've had this debate with myself and a few friends before, is Liucci a true believer/moron or is he really a savvy businessmen dressed up like a moron because he knows Aggy fans will eat up whatever he has to offer as long as its pro-Aggy and anti "those darn sips that are always holding Aggy down"?

38 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

I've had this debate with myself and a few friends before, is Liucci a true believer/moron or is he really a savvy businessmen dressed up like a moron because he knows Aggy fans will eat up whatever he has to offer as long as its pro-Aggy and anti "those darn sips that are always holding Aggy down"?

Little column A, little column B

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Take this for what it is worth, but a long time ago when Ketchum was on local radio in Austin, he told a story about 9.95 sites. He was trying to position OrangeBloods as the genuine article, and this was around the time of the PAC expansion where Chip Brown was basically running the news cycle for ESPN for a couple of weeks. He was talking about the hard hitting reporting that OB was doing *chortle*, and he said he has had conversations with guys from other fan base sites about their business model. He said that there is one site in the Texas market who knows that their business model is based solely on peddling hope, and right at the time that reality hits most of their subscribers, a new season comes around and he can start the cycle all over again. He was obviously talking about Liucci, and if I recall it started a bit of a war between them for a number of years. 

I tend to lean more on the side of Liucci knows exactly what he is doing, because if he told the truth they would burn his entire empire to the ground. 

• Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I tend to lean more on the side of Liucci knows exactly what he is doing, because if he told the truth they would burn his entire empire to the ground. 

Well, he is one of them. They all have the same mutated DNA. He gets them because he is them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ravishing Rick said:

7pyzgg.jpg

let's not limit to last year!

they have exactly 3 winning seasons since joining the SEC - 2012/year 1 where they went 6-2, 2018 in Jimbo's first year where they went 5-3 which includes the 7 OT LSU game, and 2020 COVID year where they went 8-1.

they won 8 conference games in 2021 and have won 6 total in the 2 years since.

jimbo is 23-18 since joining A&M. 56.1 win%. take out the 2020 COVID year and he has won 46.9% of games.

you identify the outlier below:

image.png.96452b424a3dc664379d4d9e4df8bc3d.png

for comparison, Saban has lost more than 1 conference game twice in the last 10 years (2022, 6-2 & 2019, 6-2.) He's lost 5 conference games in the last 5 years.

Kirby Smart has lost more than 2 conference games twice: his first year (2016, 4-4) and 2020 where they went 7-2. He's lost 4 total conference games in the last 5 years

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, NoName said:

Jimbo is 23-18 since joining A&M. 56.1 win%. take out the 2020 COVID year and he has won 46.9% of games.

you identify the outlier below:

image.png.96452b424a3dc664379d4d9e4df8bc3d.png

56% in-conference winning is better than their historical norm of around 52% in the SWC, Big 12, and SEC. No wonder it's so easy for Liucci to peddle hope to these rubes. But, this assumes aggy knows just how mediocre they've been. Turdition!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, texasdago said:

Honestly I'm not going to pick on them for having that class. Sounds like a good one and let's not forget that Texas used to have a class called The History of Rock and roll

My freshman year at Texas, I took a course titled Beyoncé Feminism. The idea was that we were supposed to listen to her music to analyze the black experience in America. I think I took it to hit my GC flag requirement. 

5 hours ago, tx ind said:

Yeah last years surprise teams were Tennessee in year 2 for Heupel and LSU in year 1 for Kelley...and this year it's gonna be...drum roll please...aggy in year 6 with Jimbo...yeah right! 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Took history of rap taught by some German guy. Spent more than half the semester on late 70s early 80s shit, break dancing and graffiti. Everyone was pissed (deservedly so) that he didn't integrate something on Texas rap. /csb

Funniest SNL Skit : Germanys most disturbing home videos | Chrome Music

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5