Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

44 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

Not to be this guy…but aggy is winning this weekend. They almost did it last year on the road against a better version of this year’s Bama team. Bama’s o line is worse this year and Milroe hasn’t gotten any better. but both of these teams actually stink and it’s only clear when they play equal talent or a team with good coaching. I’ll also go on record as saying I’m always wrong, so there’s that. 

I'll take Bama's defense over aggy offense.

Milroe isn't great, but he's probably the second best QB on their schedule up to this point in the season.

I think he's better than KJ Jefferson just given Milroe's ability to scramble and make plays. 

I love how aggy argued that Bama is weak this year, they'll lose 3 game..blah blah blah...and now all of a sudden it's a season defining game and must win to prove themselves at the national level. It's probably a close game, but I still think Bama gets the W.

Aggy ends the season 8-4 with loses to UM, Alabama, Tennessee and Ole Miss. 

Edited by Ashylarry
  • Hook 'Em 2

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Milroe isn't great, but he's probably the second best QB on their schedule up to this point in the season.
I think he's better than KJ Jefferson just given Milroe's ability to scramble and make plays. 
I love how aggy argued that Bama is weak this year, they'll lose 3 game..blah blah blah...and now all of a sudden it's a season defining game and must win to prove themselves at the national level. It's probably a close game, but I still think Bama gets the W. I still think they end the season 8-4 with loses to UM, Alabama, Tennessee and Ole Miss. 
If the game was in Tuscaloosa I'd pick Bama to win, but in gomerville it's a toss up. Whichever offense fucks up the least wins this one.

1 minute ago, ousux said:
3 minutes ago, Ashylarry said:
I love how aggy argued that Bama is weak this year, they'll lose 3 game..blah blah blah...and now all of a sudden it's a season defining game and must win to prove themselves at the national level. It's probably a close game, but I still think Bama gets the W. I still think they end the season 8-4 with loses to UM, Alabama, Tennessee and Ole Miss. 

If the game was in Tuscaloosa I'd pick Bama to win, but in gomerville it's a toss up. Whichever offense fucks up the least wins this one.

That's a good point, this is their super bowl. I'm not sold on their offensive line and their QB. 

Bama held Ole Miss to 10 points, granted that game was in Tuscaloosa...but their defense is still elite and salty.

6 minutes ago, Ashylarry said:

I love how aggy argued that Bama is weak this year, they'll lose 3 game..blah blah blah...and now all of a sudden it's a season defining game and must win to prove themselves at the national level. It's probably a close game, but I still think Bama gets the W.

don’t forget LSU

3 minutes ago, BB65 said:

don’t forget LSU

Yeah, I looked at their scheduled and thought I saw LSU as a home game for aggy. They haven't won in Baton Rouge in a minute, so that might be a phat L for them as well.

So 7-5? 

Lol Jimbo is 1-4 vs Alabama, and they have a moral W for ALMOST beating bama last year.  

Not to be this guy…but aggy is winning this weekend. They almost did it last year on the road against a better version of this year’s Bama team. Bama’s o line is worse this year and Milroe hasn’t gotten any better. but both of these teams actually stink and it’s only clear when they play equal talent or a team with good coaching. I’ll also go on record as saying I’m always wrong, so there’s that. 
I actually think aggy wins too. Bama isn't the same at all and they get them at Gomer Pyle Field.

But then, does aggy pimp the win hard? Remember, they said our win against Bama didn't mean much because Bama isn't the same. Ahhh who am I kidding, it's aggy. Of course they will.
  • Rage+1 1

Think about how hard the big money donors at aggie are emphasizing this game more than ever before now that they're coming into it with a Texas win over Bama already..

They need this win to keep hanging with the recruiting battle.

Hope I'm wrong but I see aggie punishing bama.

28 minutes ago, Ashylarry said:

Bama also has WRs and a passing game to stress the fuck out of the aggy secondary.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

Every time I think they can't get any more thin skinned or butt hurt, I'm proved wrong. Sankey is going to the RRR and selling out to the sips so they can move the SEC headquarters to Dallas!                                                

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3406657/1 

Pretty funny but this is true…

It's the red river shootout. Officially bringing back that name actually should've been one of the stipulations for these guys joining the conference

Think about how hard the big money donors at aggie are emphasizing this game more than ever before now that they're coming into it with a Texas win over Bama already..
They need this win to keep hanging with the recruiting battle.

Hope I'm wrong but I see aggie punishing bama.

What do the donors have to do with anything? If big money ag donors could control results through desperation they’d have won something meaningful in the last 20 years.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, theBigHen said:

Milroe has a 177 pass rating and is averaging 10.5 per pass attempt.  He’s gotten a lot better.  

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Drifterwood said:

What do the donors have to do with anything? If big money ag donors could control results through desperation they’d have won something meaningful in the last 20 years.

I think they can hold up a coaches balls to the fire.  Insomuch as you can do that to gumbo they will do it for this one. 

Plus it feels like jumbo has been building this squad to match up well with Bama.  DL etc

i too feel aggy are due

it is so terrible that we talk about how great are aggy

talking about aggy pending win over glorious god football coach gets back to aggy

aggy sees sips talk about win over glorious god football

grease and gravity for aggy coaster climb

gives aggy cigars reason to delay buyout avoid cashcall large it would be

clackityclickclick

Some of you guys are really letting yourselves get pulled in by wins over bad Arkansas and Auburn teams.  If you've actually watched any of those games, you will know that aggy has some talented players but they are a bad, bad team.

Can Bama fuck around and let aggy win?  Sure.  If Bama plays like they did against Ole Miss, no way in hell is aggy winning, much less "punishing" Bama.  Come on.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, Ashylarry said:

Yeah, I looked at their scheduled and thought I saw LSU as a home game for aggy. They haven't won in Baton Rouge in a minute, so that might be a phat L for them as well.

So 7-5? 

Lol Jimbo is 1-4 vs Alabama, and they have a moral W for ALMOST beating bama last year.  

understatement

since joining the SEC they are 0-5.

they did win the 2 prior games in BR, in 94 and 92 though lol

the A&M/LSU thing is new to me but shocker, they are not consistent about their bitching. how many times have we heard about how unfair it is that they have played a ton of games outside of College Station?

they have played 38 of 61 games (62%) in Baton Rouge.

since 1940 they have played 35 of 49 games (71.4%) in Baton Rouge.

from 1940 to 1995 they played 30 of 37 games (81%) of games in Baton Rouge.

haven't heard bitching about any of that.

image.png.29e478b50eceb8f550ee4d8c60fa8a78.png

A&M has some pretty crazy records, like losing records against their biggest rivals - Texas (76-35-5), LSU (35-23-3), Arkansas (42-35-3) - but hey they have winning records against Baylor (68-31-9) and Texas Tech (37-32-1),TCU (56-29-7) and SMU (52-27-3)

• Hook 'Em 1

ATM Snapcounts for the week and season (Special Teams are not counted here):

Offense (67 total plays)

Quarterback: Max Johnson (67).

Offensive line: Trey Zuhn III (67), Bryce Foster (67), Layden Robinson (67), Mark Nabou Jr. (50), Chase Bisontis (45), Dametrious Crownover (26) and Kam Dewberry (17).

Running back: Le’Veon Moss (38), Amari Daniels (26) and Rueben Owens II (9).

Fullback: Earnest Crownover (11).

Tight end: Max Wright (44), Jake Johnson (34) and Theo Melin Öhrstrӧm (10).

Wide receiver: Ainias Smith (44), Noah Thomas (43), Evan Stewart (25), Jahdae Walker (22), Moose Muhammad III (22), Micah Tease (3) and Raymond Cottrell (1).

Defense (58 total plays)

Defensive line: Shemar Turner (36), Fadil Diggs (33), Walter Nolen (30), McKinnley Jackson (27), Albert Regis (26), LT Overton (22), Isaiah Raikes (22), Shemar Stewart (18), Malick Sylla (15) and Enai White (3).

Linebacker: Edgerrin Cooper (53), Chris Russell Jr. (36) and Taurean York (26).

Defensive back: Demani Richardson (58), Josh DeBerry (52), Jacoby Mathews (47), Bryce Anderson (46), Tyreek Chappell (44), Deuce Harmon (20), Dalton Brooks (12) and Jarred Kerr (12).

Season snap count totals on offense

Quarterback: Conner Weigman (221), Max Johnson (139) and Jaylen Henderson (1).

Offensive line: Trey Zuhn III (346), Layden Robinson (346), Mark Nabou Jr. (277), Bryce Foster (268), Chase Bisontis (261), Kam Dewberry (149), Dametrious Crownover (101), Remington Strickland (15), Aki Ogunbiyi (15), Jordan Spasojevic-Moko (9), Reuben Fatheree II (9), TJ Shanahan (6), Derek Ferraro (6), Hunter Erb (5) and Colton Thomasson (1).

Running back: Amari Daniels (145), Rueben Owens II (119), Le’Veon Moss (96) and David Bailey (19).

Fullback: Earnest Crownover (31).

Tight end: Jake Johnson (234), Max Wright (138), Theo Melin Öhrstrӧm (54) and Fernando Garza III (6).

Wide receiver: Ainias Smith (227), Evan Stewart (199), Noah Thomas (180), Jahdae Walker (140), Moose Muhammad III (134), Micah Tease (33), Raymond Cottrell (21), Jordan Anthony (18), Jacob Brasher (1), Hunter Vivaldi (1) and Andrew Maleski (1).

Season snap count totals on defense

Defensive line: Shemar Turner (171), Fadil Diggs (170), McKinnley Jackson (147), Walter Nolen (138), LT Overton (120), Shemar Stewart (105), Isaiah Raikes (96), Albert Regis (96), Malick Sylla (60), DJ Hicks (39), Enai White (34), Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy (17), Micaiah Overton (6) and Samu Taumanupepe (2).

Linebacker: Edgerrin Cooper (227), Taurean York (193), Chris Russell Jr. (95), Jurriente Davis (30), Martrell Harris Jr. (25), Daymion Sanford (6) and Drew Beltran (2).

Defensive back: Demani Richardson (258), Josh DeBerry (250), Bryce Anderson (247), Tyreek Chappell (192), Jacoby Mathews (186), Deuce Harmon (92), Jarred Kerr (77), Jardin Gilbert (75), Dalton Brooks (49), Jayvon Thomas (33), Sam McCall (18), Kent Robinson (13) and Bravion Rogers (9).

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

ATM Snapcounts for the week and season (Special Teams are not counted here):

Offense (67 total plays)

Quarterback: Max Johnson (67).

Offensive line: Trey Zuhn III (67), Bryce Foster (67), Layden Robinson (67), Mark Nabou Jr. (50), Chase Bisontis (45), Dametrious Crownover (26) and Kam Dewberry (17).

Running back: Le’Veon Moss (38), Amari Daniels (26) and Rueben Owens II (9).

Fullback: Earnest Crownover (11).

Tight end: Max Wright (44), Jake Johnson (34) and Theo Melin Öhrstrӧm (10).

Wide receiver: Ainias Smith (44), Noah Thomas (43), Evan Stewart (25), Jahdae Walker (22), Moose Muhammad III (22), Micah Tease (3) and Raymond Cottrell (1).

Defense (58 total plays)

Defensive line: Shemar Turner (36), Fadil Diggs (33), Walter Nolen (30), McKinnley Jackson (27), Albert Regis (26), LT Overton (22), Isaiah Raikes (22), Shemar Stewart (18), Malick Sylla (15) and Enai White (3).

Linebacker: Edgerrin Cooper (53), Chris Russell Jr. (36) and Taurean York (26).

Defensive back: Demani Richardson (58), Josh DeBerry (52), Jacoby Mathews (47), Bryce Anderson (46), Tyreek Chappell (44), Deuce Harmon (20), Dalton Brooks (12) and Jarred Kerr (12).

Season snap count totals on offense

Quarterback: Conner Weigman (221), Max Johnson (139) and Jaylen Henderson (1).

Offensive line: Trey Zuhn III (346), Layden Robinson (346), Mark Nabou Jr. (277), Bryce Foster (268), Chase Bisontis (261), Kam Dewberry (149), Dametrious Crownover (101), Remington Strickland (15), Aki Ogunbiyi (15), Jordan Spasojevic-Moko (9), Reuben Fatheree II (9), TJ Shanahan (6), Derek Ferraro (6), Hunter Erb (5) and Colton Thomasson (1).

Running back: Amari Daniels (145), Rueben Owens II (119), Le’Veon Moss (96) and David Bailey (19).

Fullback: Earnest Crownover (31).

Tight end: Jake Johnson (234), Max Wright (138), Theo Melin Öhrstrӧm (54) and Fernando Garza III (6).

Wide receiver: Ainias Smith (227), Evan Stewart (199), Noah Thomas (180), Jahdae Walker (140), Moose Muhammad III (134), Micah Tease (33), Raymond Cottrell (21), Jordan Anthony (18), Jacob Brasher (1), Hunter Vivaldi (1) and Andrew Maleski (1).

Season snap count totals on defense

Defensive line: Shemar Turner (171), Fadil Diggs (170), McKinnley Jackson (147), Walter Nolen (138), LT Overton (120), Shemar Stewart (105), Isaiah Raikes (96), Albert Regis (96), Malick Sylla (60), DJ Hicks (39), Enai White (34), Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy (17), Micaiah Overton (6) and Samu Taumanupepe (2).

Linebacker: Edgerrin Cooper (227), Taurean York (193), Chris Russell Jr. (95), Jurriente Davis (30), Martrell Harris Jr. (25), Daymion Sanford (6) and Drew Beltran (2).

Defensive back: Demani Richardson (258), Josh DeBerry (250), Bryce Anderson (247), Tyreek Chappell (192), Jacoby Mathews (186), Deuce Harmon (92), Jarred Kerr (77), Jardin Gilbert (75), Dalton Brooks (49), Jayvon Thomas (33), Sam McCall (18), Kent Robinson (13) and Bravion Rogers (9).

lol

they had Evan Stewart get hurt twice and still played him?

Moose getting the same number of snaps as the GVSU dude?

the last time i saw a WR room this mismanaged was when Drew Mehringer was coaching.

what incredible mismanagement. also, <40 snaps for White, Enai White and Dindy? lol

ZERO snaps for Grimes is beyond funny.

their LB room is on par with Texas when Luke Brockermeyer was starting.

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

lol

the last time i saw a WR room this mismanaged was when Drew Mehringer was coaching.

what incredible mismanagement. also, <40 snaps for White, Enai White and Dindy? lol

Brownlow-Dindy is hardly playing at all. DNP on defense on Saturday. Overton is hardly playing. Hicks only plays in garbage time. Enai White went several games with less than 10 snaps. 

I don't get their WR or DL choices. 

Also, Reuben Owens not getting many carries could start to become a problem if they start losing and the stories of him being a headcase are true. The FB played more than Owens did on Saturday.

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Brownlow-Dindy is hardly playing at all. DNP on defense on Saturday. Overton is hardly playing. Hicks only plays in garbage time. Enai White went several games with less than 10 snaps. 

I don't get their WR or DL choices. 

Also, Reuben Owens not getting many carries could start to become a problem if they start losing and the stories of him being a headcase are true. The FB played more than Owens did on Saturday.

I so badly want this to become a thing. Their roster and rotations are just bonkers. It is really weird how guys like Justice Finkley and J'mond Tapp are starting to show true growth once they got into a rotation that actually got them onto the field. It's almost like guys need to see themselves going full speed against an opponent to really let things sink in.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NoName said:

lol

A. Smith is a good player.  Behind him, it's suspect at best.  Aggy is decent against the run, but against a two-dimensional offense that can spread the ball around, the big uglies get tired fast, facilitating the need to bring in extra players to blitz, exposing an already weak secondary.  If the bama O-line can contain the rush, it's going to be a long night for the ag D.  

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

A. Smith is a good player.  Behind him, it's suspect at best.  Aggy is decent against the run, but against a two-dimensional offense that can spread the ball around, the big uglies get tired fast, facilitating the need to bring in extra players to blitz, exposing an already weak secondary.  If the bama O-line can contain the rush, it's going to be a long night for the ag D.  

I truly believe that Bama is going to scorch the A&M defense this week. Milroe against those linebackers and corners, yes please. Hell, he has already beaten them once and he turned the ball over three times in the last matchup. I think Bama wins by 2 scores. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Aggy is going to come out with their hair on fire after two "good" wins.  The stadium is going to be electric.  If AL can weather the storm and not allow the ags to build momentum, then they roll this game.  Don't let the ags hang around and keep Max guessing.  AR couldn't get pressure on him and allowed him to settle into the pocket and pick the hogs apart, helping open up the running game.  Again, it is obvious, but it comes down to both O-lines of each team giving their qb time to make plays.  The AR qb did very little damage with his legs.  Milroe had to keep them guessing early so they can't tee up.  

The Cover 3 podcast guys were also saying arkansas is the best team aggy has played and Arkansas is terrible so that’s why they aren’t ranked. 

They really are making this a huge weekend for them. From the fan tweets saying a win guarantees them the #1 recruiting class (again) to texags trying to will them a win with the posts, etc. 

It feels like they are putting so much pressure on themselves to win because of what we did to Alabama and where we are ranked and possibly headed this year. I think Alabama has a) been tested and aggy hasn’t) and b) Alabama is getting better and they are severely underrating Alabama and overrating themselves with no really measure to do that so far which is typical)

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

A&M has been tested. They failed.

I think the flaw in the Aggies’ take is that they think Auburn and Arkansas are much of anything. 

They’ve painted themselves into a corner with their attempt to explain Texas’ win in Tuscaloosa. If they lose, they’re more or a joke. If they win, they beat a down team at home. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I think the flaw in the Aggies’ take is that they think Auburn and Arkansas are much of anything. 

They’ve painted themselves into a corner with their attempt to explain Texas’ win in Tuscaloosa. If they lose, they’re more or a joke. If they win, they beat a down team at home. 

That Auburn game was atrocious. Wyoming had a better offensive effort than Auburn did in that game. 

On 10/1/2023 at 6:00 PM, linux said:

image.thumb.png.dbae0558106bb4fd386f8adc67f88f15.png

Pass blocking woes continue.

I, for one, am very disappointed that we missed on TJ Shanahan.  15.9 in PBLK likely in garbage time.  Granted it's only 4 reps, but woof that's bad.  Aki having a 0.0 in 9 reps has to be unheard of, right?

Edited by JesusSweatDuck

6 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I, for one, am very disappointed that we missed on TJ Shanahan.  15.9 in PBLK likely in garbage time.  Granted it's only 4 reps, but woof that's bad.  Aki having a 0.0 in 9 reps has to be unheard of, right?

WTF, did he sack his own QB on every play?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

If they win they'll just explain that Bama has improved dramatically since playing us, and they will have beaten a much better Tide team than we did early in the season.

But it's not going to matter, they're going to lose.  Alabama's better than Miami, and certainly good enough to beat this ag team by a couple of scores.

28 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Do you even aggy bro? 

Bama has figured their issues out since the sips game. If aggy loses, they caught them at the wrong time and aggy had to play their backup qb. If aggy wins then clickity clack motherfuckers! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, utee94 said:

If they win they'll just explain that Bama has improved dramatically since playing us, and they will have beaten a much better Tide team than we did early in the season.

But it's not going to matter, they're going to lose.  Alabama's better than Miami, and certainly good enough to beat this ag team by a couple of scores.

Yeah, I’ve posted a couple of times that that will be their approach. Doesn’t make it any less ridiculous. 

Protect the ball and, FFS, give Proctor some help if he needs it. I think the Alabama defense will be fine. I’m looking forward to Alabama snuffing them as dessert for the beatdown in Dallas. 

6 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Do you even aggy bro? 

Bama has figured their issues out since the sips game. If aggy loses, they caught them at the wrong time and aggy had to play their backup qb. If aggy wins then clickity clack motherfuckers! 

Yes, I do: “Wait until you see how Alabama is no longer down and is, in fact, probably the second best team in the country now that Saban has set Millroe straight.”

I think Saban remembers that Jimbo is a bitch,  Max suffers PTSD early,  and the aggies turn the ball over 4 times turning this thing into a national local embarrassment and blowout -   48-17.  I shall bathe in their tears on Sunday while nursing a stunning hangover trying to remember why I watch the NFL. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

5 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

I think Saban remembers that Jimbo is a bitch,  Max suffers PTSD early,  and the aggies turn the ball over 4 times turning this thing into a national local embarrassment and blowout -   48-17.  I shall bathe in their tears on Sunday while nursing a stunning hangover trying to remember why I watch the NFL. 

kermit-frog.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

what? their WR room is fine, not suspect. come on!

Ainias Smith. Noah Thomas. Evan Stewart. Mose Muhammed are a good top 4 rotation.

Micah Tease and Raymond Cottrell were just outside the composite top 200 as recruits 8 months ago. Jordan Anthony was a 4* out of high school.

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

That Auburn game was atrocious. Wyoming had a better offensive effort than Auburn did in that game. 

is this bad offensively?

7th percentile EPA/play, 16th percentile success rate, 1st percentile in yards per play, 2nd percentile in yards per dropback,  2nd percentile 3rd down success rate, 0% success in red zone, allowing 99th percentile HAVOC?

image.png.09f09f706fb5a6d222fb799f3ad834b8.png

the A&M defense had a stop rate (the percentage of a defense’s drives that end in punts, turnovers or a turnover on downs) of 100% for the game!

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

what? their WR room is fine, not suspect. come on!

Ainias Smith. Noah Thomas. Evan Stewart. Mose Muhammed are a good top 4 rotation.

Micah Tease and Raymond Cottrell were just outside the composite top 200 as recruits 8 months ago. Jordan Anthony was a 4* out of high school.

They're decent, but they've not really exploited many teams with a decent defense and are outside the top 25 in total passing offense.  

4 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

If aggy can go +2 in TO margin, I think they can pull out a 24-20 type game.

I could more easily see Johnson taking 5 sacks, turning it over a couple times and Bama rolling 34-16.

40%+ of the way into the season, A&M is currently #119 in the country in drives ending in turnovers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1