Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

42 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

LOL Dan Lanning is not leaving Oregon for ATM, unless he is the biggest moron on earth.  He's seen all of the same cult-like nonsense that we all have...Klan bonfire, Embarrassing Midnight yell (LMAO), and 20xx National Championship Trophy for Cuckbo.  If I'm betting on this, it's either Elko or Traylor.

Are you kidding? He just watched A&M fire a coach with a $70 million guaranteed buyout. Of course he'd go. lol.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Cover 3 podcast guys (paraphrasing):

”you have to admit that the total lack of success in 7 decades means there’s there’s something there that we’re missing that makes it harder to win there? At some point you’d just luck into a NC yet they aren’t even close. The question for the next coach is do you care about that?”

They even mentioned how Mississippi is having better seasons than aggy with less money and resources 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

God….this is glorious. And I hate it, because I want him around forever. I also hate it because money is fungible, and one of our state universities is lighting $76 million on fire because they just can’t stop being fucking stupid pathetic little brother.

Aggy was outsmarted by a mouth breathing idiot and his agent. And it wasn’t even a fair fight.

Wow…..Jimbo might make a great president!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, immamac said:

I don’t see how they fired Jimbo. There is no world where it makes sense on a guaranteed contract to just end things mid season with over 7 years left on the deal. They are better off hiring expensive coordinators and trying again or paying more players than hiring a new coach and being successful. It makes no financial sense at all and they shouldn’t even have a football team. 

seriously... Can the NCAA sanction them for stupidity?

• Hook 'Em 1

After the ATM game last week, in the postgame press conference Kiffin was mocking Jimbo for saying their goal was to become bowl eligible, and so he tried to prevent that from happening. My immediate thought was that Kiffin was going to get Jimbo fired.

Ever since Jimbo's outburst at Saban and other SEC coaches who said ATM had been buying players, Kiffin went out of his way to embarrass Jimbo and ATM. Aggy brass finally had enough. I don't think they have thought this through. The decision was driven by the desire to stop the continuous embarrassment. Of course they will find another way to embarrass themselves again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Yes, A&M is gonna cut the check directly.  And over many, many years it'll be recovered by donors and athletics revenue and craft brew sales and whatever the fuck else.  But A&M does have an extra $75mm in their fiscal budget this year available on a few days notice.  So it will come from their operational accounts combined with some significant portion in their athletics account.  And that large gap, considering there's still 7+ months left in their academic/fiscal/athletics year will have to be filled back in.  the AUF isn't set up to do shit like that.  So you're gonna watch A&M try to put on a financial literacy seminar combined with a magic show tomorrow and UTIMCO's gonna be left holding the bag on behalf of faculty & staff.  This isn't a cash reserves/equivalents rounding error.  Some shit will have to be liquidated prematurely.  And I'm not talking about the sheep.

Is this legit / have you seen a reliable report on this? If so that's truly unacceptable as a state taxpayer.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, mannewers said:

Lanning extend this year @ 6/45M, so AAV 7.5M.

I know it is the Gomer thing to do but are they really going to offer another 8-10 year deal or AAV over 9M? Talk about teetering on the brink...

You're right, I missed that extension. And Oregon will probably offer him another raise given how they've done this year. So yeah ATM would have to offer that and pay his $20mm buyout.

Imagine firing Jimbo and paying guaranteed money and having the optics of being a complete moron to finish out your season where you just got bowl eligible and could end with 8 wins and not having a head coach already lined up to just plug in with the players recruits and facilities on day 1. They aren’t going to be able to convince anyone to stay or stay committed no matter who they hire. This is the dumbest most aggy shit ever. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

After the ATM game last week, in the postgame press conference Kiffin was mocking Jimbo for saying their goal was to become bowl eligible, and so he tried to prevent that from happening. My immediate thought was that Kiffin was going to get Jimbo fired.

Ever since Jimbo's outburst at Saban and other SEC coaches who said ATM had been buying players, Kiffin went out of his way to embarrass Jimbo and ATM. Aggy brass finally had enough. I don't think they have thought this through. The decision was driven by the desire to stop the continuous embarrassment. Of course they will find another way to embarrass themselves again.

Haha, the mental image i had when you said "aggy brass"... 

Is This an Unaltered Photograph of North Korean Officers with Medals? |  Snopes.com

Spoiler

Is This An Unaltered Photograph Of North Korean Officers, 56% OFF

• Haha 5

The timing of this just doesn't make sense to me.  I'm trying to understand the strategy for doing this now vs. 2 weeks from now.   If you are a potential draft pick or a potential portal free agent why in the world would you suit up 2 games (or a bowl) for a school that just gave up on the season?   I wonder if they have multiple players just shut it down right now because I sure as hell would instead of risking injury for those assholes.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, ryskey said:

Is there some payout schedule or is this all at once?

From the ESPN article. SIAP.

According to the terms of the contract, Texas A&M will owe Fisher $19.2 million within 60 days and then pay him $7.2 annually through 2031. There is no offset or mitigation on those payments, and the annual payments start 120 days after termination.

Calling my shot here: Aggy is not going to pay him what they bargained for and rely on the Mike Leach (RIP) precedent to fuck him over. That will cause coaches to boycott the job until Fisher and Aggy settle for pennies on the dollar, but they'll never land a decent coach ever again.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Calling my shot here: Aggy is not going to pay him what they bargained for and rely on the Mike Leach (RIP) precedent to fuck him over. That will cause coaches to boycott the job until Fisher and Aggy settle for pennies on the dollar, but they'll never land a decent coach ever again.

I don't think even aggy is stupid enough to do that.  They do something sleazy elsewhere if they can't raise the funds from donors.  Probably a fee hike to their students or some other unethical, but likely legal shit. 

1 minute ago, RabidM said:

I don't think even aggy is stupid enough to do that.  They do something sleazy elsewhere if they can't raise the funds from donors.  Probably a fee hike to their students or some other unethical, but likely legal shit. 

They won't be able to come up with the money before one of the genuises in their brain trust plants the idea of simply defaulting. The conversation would go:

"What happens if we don't pay him."

"Well, he would sue us."

"And would he win?"

(call in the lawyers)

"If Jimbo sues us would he win?"

"No. Coaches are always fucked against Texas public universities."

And yes, they are stupid enough to allow their desperation to attempt a default.

15 minutes ago, RabidM said:

They'll try to hire someone before they attempt to pull the rug out from Jimbo. They have 60 days. 

2 minutes ago, oh_snap said:

The timing of this is so weird, they must have the next guy lined up and didn’t want to lose him. Maybe they’re going full dark side and hiring Urban. 
If so, bring it on. 

Full dark side is Briles. 

I don't think they have anyone lined up. They are just trying to get a jump on other schools. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

49D9CF80-5F56-4BF2-95ED-7C6D8CC9617C.jpeg

DeLoss Dodds is dead and hasn't been the Texas AD for years now. Chris Del Conte is much more modern. He came from TCU and I would like to think has perspective that perhaps Dodds in his later years did not.

I look forward to playing in the SEC. Win or lose, it's bigger exposure. Can't wait for Florida and Georgia to visit Austin in 2024.

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

They'll try to hire someone before the attempt to pull the rug out from Jimbo. They have 60 days. 

Full dark side is Briles. 

I don't think they have anyone lined up. They are just trying to get a jump on other schools. 

True, Briles is full dark side. But literally nobody wants him. I could see Michigan St making a run at Urban. 

30 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Do you have a link to where he said that? Insane if true.

Let me see if i can find the link to the radio show.  it was on the sunday morning CFB show with Tom Luginbill (sp)

edit: adding show schedule, re-air at 6pm central this evening, Luicci came on at top of the hour iirc, if you have XM

image.thumb.png.a897d140ab99c0035d2d43a2c38670a7.png

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Hook 'Em 1