• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, Gordon Shumway said:

I love watching this video,  but I cringe when Tucker gets horse collar tackled by his own teammate.  I always think his leg is going to snap and end his career before it even starts.  The dog pile is one thing, but you cant h roll up his legs from behind.  

Same. The bullet he dodged was massive.  I’ve seen similar scenes on other teams years later and the deep snapper or holder is usually fighting his own  teammates to not tackle the kicker.

4 minutes ago, mrhorn said:

Little boy Daniel didn’t like that SI tweet

Love the 1975 cherry-picked date. I figured it was cherry-picked since that date seemed completely arbitrary. Not 1970. Not 1980. 1975. 

If you go to 1975, UT is 18-19 vs. ATM.  

If you go to 1977, UT is 18-17 vs ATM. 

If you look at the prior 34 games prior to 1975 (let’s cherry-pick while they’re at it), UT was 31-3 vs. ATM. So that 18-19 turns into 51-22. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, mrhorn said:

Little boy Daniel didn’t like that SI tweet

Since 2010, Texas is undefeated against The Piece of Shit on the Brazos.

How do you like them apples, Daniel Joseph Figurelli, you racist motherfucker?

spacer.png

Texas Angling and Meat judging is a shitty degree factory. Stop stealing from the taxpayers of the state of Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

Love the 1975 cherry-picked date. I figured it was cherry-picked since that date seemed completely arbitrary. Not 1970. Not 1980. 1975. 

If you go to 1975, UT is 18-19 vs. ATM.  

If you go to 1977, UT is 18-17 vs ATM. 

If you look at the prior 34 games prior to 1975 (let’s cherry-pick while they’re at it), UT was 31-3 vs. ATM. So that 18-19 turns into 51-22. 

We also won like 18 of the previous 19 leading into 1975 as well. I looked at aggy-Tech and aggy is 19-18 since 1975 vs Tech. I didn't look at any others.

14 minutes ago, nnm said:

So you are a little AC/DC. Ok. 

In this day and age you can never be sure about anything. I didn’t want to come off as transphobic. I really thought 1 was a natural born chick. So do you judge as the man she is today. In the words of Chuck Berry, It goes to show you never can tell.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

It’s almost like they made an impulse decision based off the season of a rival that was heading to their conference. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

WFAA local dallas news has this bjork interview on right now LOL 

So their plan is to pay performance based???
Why would anyone take that fucking job lolol
Jimmy Sexton doesn't play those type games, and you know he's already contacted everyone that could be a candidate regardless if they already have an agent or not.
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, immamac said:

"We’ve already found ways to reduce expenses, and we have some new revenues coming our way," Bjork says, noting the home games A&M will host against Texas, LSU and Notre Dame next year. "And then in the fall of ’24, we have a new TV agreement within the SEC. We’re going to be solely on ABC, ESPN.” 

But even that’s not enough to cover $57 million, Bjork concedes. The buyout, he says, will force A&M to confront how much it’s been spending. 

“We’ve had some excess,” he admits. “Our staff pool for the entire football program was over $13 million. Other programs in the SEC are in the $9 million to $10.5 million range.” 

Bjorks says other sports are safe some seeing their budgets cuts, and says job cuts will be confined to the football program. 

“Analysts, recruiting positions, operational positions,” Bjork says when asked where he says fat can be trimmed. 

He also pointed out how the Aggies’ travel budget was out of sync with other teams. 

"Our program under Coach Fisher was leaving [for away games] on Thursday nights," Bjork says. "And so that’s added hotel rooms, that’s added meals. Everybody else leaves on Friday for a road game."

So they’re going to cheap out on assistants, a true recipe for success.

And save the rest of the $57 million on a day of lodging and room service at Best Western. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

driving through Oklahoma today I tuned into The Sports Mammal (or whatever the fuck it was) and they said the three coaches aggy is concentrating on are:

Ryan Day

Kalen DeBoer

Jedd Fisch

there was no particular order....no bullshit those were the 3.....they then went on and talked about if Day is even a good choice since he took over a program that was already doing what it was suppose to be doing and they questioned if tOSU is successful because of him or if he is successful because of tOSU and their history

they said that Jedd Fisch had actually built something at Arizona and DeBoer had built something too even if UW had some past history

they were saying that Day was just aggy doing more of the same and hiring a big name with no real reason why other than he is a big name and that really he is a midwest guy

they made it seem like they had some meaningful information those were the ones they were zeroed in on.....they said that Lanning had nike stock as well and in addition to the $20 million to buy him out you would have to buy out his stock as well

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Vermin said:

So they’re going to cheap out on assistants, a true recipe for success.

And save the rest of the $57 million on a day of lodging and room service at Best Western. 

Those budget cuts are gonna make it real attractive for a prospective head coach that wants more than a paycheck. 

Edited by Bevo14
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Those budget cuts are gonna make it real attractive for a prospective head coach that wants more than a paycheck. 

yea that is a great selling point

1. you get a contact loaded with incentives you have to meet because the last guy just got a dump truck full of cash for doing jack shit

2. you are going to have less staff to work with because we cut a bunch to pay the last guy that did jack shit

3. all the fuck off and dicking around stuff the players that are now yours were used to is being reduced because the last guy let them fuck up too much and he sucked......get in there tiger and tell them why all that shit is being taken away from them

4. no you do not get a national championship trophy with 99 years on it for you to do something

5. PS if we fire you after 3, 4, 5 or more years you are going still to have to go look for a job instead of just spending cash and doing nothing or we will probably try and sue you if you do not put in effort to do so to offset what we owe you because the last two fuck heads we fired we had to pay them even if the got a job as a head coach making $100 million or if they sat around sniffing paint all day

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

yea that is a great selling point

1. you get a contact loaded with incentives you have to meet because the last guy just got a dump truck full of cash for doing jack shit

2. you are going to have less staff to work with because we cut a bunch to pay the last guy that did jack shit

3. all the fuck off and dicking around stuff the players that are now yours were used to is being reduced because the last guy let them fuck up too much and he sucked......get in there tiger and tell them why all that shit is being taken away from them

4. no you do not get a national championship trophy with 99 years on it for you to do something

5. PS if we fire you after 3, 4, 5 or more years you are going still to have to go look for a job instead of just spending cash and doing nothing or we will probably try and sue you if you do not put in effort to do so to offset what we owe you because the last two fuck heads we fired we had to pay them even if the got a job as a head coach making $100 million or if they sat around sniffing paint all day

This is why it will be Traylor....

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Most coaching contracts are incentive based to some degree, but if aggy tries to correct their fuckup by leaning too heavily that way then they're even more delusional than anyone could have imagined.

Of course it may give some context as to why Traylor was so annoyed and surly when asked if he interviewed with aggy. I can just imagine how that went..

Bjork: so Jeff, we really want you here at aggyland, but you do know that we're SEC, right?

Traylor: Yes, I'm well aware of what conference A&M plays in, but I don't see what..

Bjork cutting him off: Jeff, you know what sort of money we've spent on facilities here? Finest in all the land, and we're about to break ground on more.

Traylor: I'm aware of it and yes I've read about the new..

Bjork cutting him off yet again: So Jeff! Here's the thing, we have really high expectations here and we're prepared to make you a part of it!

Traylor: That's good to hear, I'm honored. So how much..

Bjork again: So look here Jeffery, the base per year will be about 200k more per year than you're making now, and..

Traylor now cutting Bjork off: wait wait, I thought you were telling me about how big time you guys..

Bjork jumping in: Jeff you didn't let me finish! The best part is we're prepared to throw in some tasty incentives that will give you a chance to make way more than coach Fisher! And the best part is..

Traylor: *hangs up*

Sorry, last day of work this week and I'm up way past my bedtime

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It’s almost like they made an impulse decision based off the season of a rival that was heading to their conference. 

No kidding.

Contrast aggy's handling of the Jimbo firing with how our professionals in Bellmont and their big cigar benefactors handled the Tom Herman firing.

We identified our guy, Sark.  We quietly interviewed him.  We came to an agreement on contract terms, with the big cigars' blessing.  The minute the ink was dry on the contract, Herman got shown the door.  We then put out a statement to the press, announcing the change.  Done and dusted.  Nobody even had a chance to speculate.  The op sec involved in this entire operation would make the CIA proud.

Meanwhile, the amateurs over in Collie Station are still trying to grasp how many zeroes are in Jimbo's payout.  I bet some of those goobers still think they can lure Saban away from Alabama.  Oh boy, are they going to be disappointed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, immamac said:

Worth a listen. Ross Dork said they are using the new SEC deal to pay Jizzbo.

Ironic.

1. Fire your coach because your rival is winning and joining your Conference.

2. Only have the ability to fire your overpriced coach because your rival is joining the Conference and there is a new SEC TV Deal because of it.

He also said he will consult with the Mannings...Archie, Peyton. And Eli. I don't think that is going to go over well with the cult.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3