• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Promoting the DL coach and making him keep the staff over an OC and a DC who were both HCs..   That’s just a recipe for cohesion, accountability and cooperation among that staff.  

I think they should hire Robinson to an interim role, fire Bjork and hire a real AD who can hire their own guy next year.   By then things might settle down and headlines move elsewhere, and they can move toward finding a good HC without the spotlight in their face…. But they won’t because they are Aggies.  

They really think they can make a run next year because their star class will all be in their contract seasons, even though nearly half that class has portaled out and they have glaring holes all around the roster, and no depth outside the DL.   They need a full reset to unfuck what Fisher did to the program and it’s painful to endure, we know.   I mean, trade 1 Walter Nolan for 2 good tackles and a center, there’s a start.   
Best case scenario is they offer Robinson a one year interim deal...then someone comes along and offers him a real multi-year head coach contract. Sounds too good to be true, but with aggy anything is possible. (Except championships of course)
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Not sure this matches the official version but a buddy said the aggy BOR basically “bowed to pressure from internet trolls” and shot down the Stoops hiring.

Funny thing is, Stoops was probably about as good of a hire as they were going to realistically get at this point in time. The fact that they lack sufficient self-awareness to see that makes this debacle all the more entertaining. They still think Saban is just going to kill himself if he doesn’t get a contract offer from them, and it’s pretty damn hilarious to watch as it unfolds.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, ousux said:
3 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Promoting the DL coach and making him keep the staff over an OC and a DC who were both HCs..   That’s just a recipe for cohesion, accountability and cooperation among that staff.  

I think they should hire Robinson to an interim role, fire Bjork and hire a real AD who can hire their own guy next year.   By then things might settle down and headlines move elsewhere, and they can move toward finding a good HC without the spotlight in their face…. But they won’t because they are Aggies.  

They really think they can make a run next year because their star class will all be in their contract seasons, even though nearly half that class has portaled out and they have glaring holes all around the roster, and no depth outside the DL.   They need a full reset to unfuck what Fisher did to the program and it’s painful to endure, we know.   I mean, trade 1 Walter Nolan for 2 good tackles and a center, there’s a start.   

Best case scenario is they offer Robinson a one year interim deal...then someone comes along and offers him a real multi-year head coach contract. Sounds too good to be true, but with aggy anything is possible. (Except championships of course)

Best case for who? Why would ERobinson ever take a one year deal?

1 minute ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, Pancho said:
Tarp (the reasonable aggie) is saying Elko with Robinson on staff

And Looch will say it was Elko all along and all the other noise was agents getting raises for their clients. Book it

Looch actually said on his podcast Stoops was real but a TexAgs revolt shut it down at the last minute, which is actually much more embarrassing for aggy.

• Like 1

Elko feels like ... an upgrade?

Which makes one ask….why would he agree to go to aggy?
Seriously, if you are a coach on the rise, why go to aggy, where coaching careers go to die? Yeah, yeah, money. And I guess if he got some sort of insane deal like 7 yrs at $10 million guaranteed, I get it. But other jobs will open up this season and next….and most of them are better than aggy.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Which makes one ask….why would he agree to go to aggy?
Seriously, if you are a coach on the rise, why go to aggy, where coaching careers go to die? Yeah, yeah, money. And I guess if he got some sort of insane deal like 7 yrs at $10 million guaranteed, I get it. But other jobs will open up this season and next….and most of them are better than aggy.

He knows hes not gonna do better than 7-5 next year at Duke, so gettin while the gettin is good

If I’m being honest with myself, Elko is the best possible outcome for aggy after last night’s fiasco. Good on them for figuring it out. 

on the bright side, aggy was becoming dangerously close to being self aware. This should reset their delusion. Don’t get me wrong, all aggy tears are delicious. But the ones lacking self awareness are the most delish. 

• Haha 1

The funniest thing to me is that I figured Elko would probably be their guy all along. They could have just worked out the terms and hired him without a lot of drama. But no, they had to fuck this up in the most spectacular way possible. They have probably screwed themselves out of being able to hire anyone else worth a damn on favorable terms for at least the next 10 years.

Never change, aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1