• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Message board posts mean nothing, but I'm laughing that some on TexAgs want to decline the Texas Bowl. Coaching moves and the transfer portal creates problems for many teams but they find a way to make it work. And while I understand why Elko doesn't want to coach the bowl game, there isn't a reason why he can't. Coaches jump into all star games or exhibition all the time. It definitely makes it less likely you will win when the coach doesn't know the players and vice versa, it doesn't mean that the new coach can't be on the sidelines.

2 minutes ago, HeyMcFly said:

How can you even aggie math to back into thinking am has more money than Texas lmaoooo what a dumb bitch

As I recall it all came from that one year where the ags released their financials and their revenue figure was substantially larger than UT's, because they were counting donations for capital improvement projects,  as revenue.  It was during their stadium rebuild campaign.  

So from that one year of reporting in a... creative... way, the ags decided they have way more money than those stupid sips.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

As I recall it all came from that one year where the ags released their financials and their revenue figure was substantially larger than UT's, because they were counting donations for capital improvement projects,  as revenue.  It was during their stadium rebuild campaign.  

So from that one year of reporting in a... creative... way, the ags decided they have way more money than those stupid sips.

When someone says "has more money" it's so stupid and poor that Aggie looks at the annual P&L and income statement.

Look at the net worth (and gazillion dollar endowment that is second only to like Harvard or Yale). Aggy is living paycheck to paycheck and we have generational wealth.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

"they somehow got 12 wins"

"despite barely being a top 10 team"

"with their weak schedule"

I don’t think aggy realizes that Strength of Schedule is essentially a quantifiable, established - and super-easy to identify - stat nowadays.

or, it just fits there MO of denial and making shit up. Georgia, for example, could’ve played a halfway decent out of conference schedule and maybe only slipped to #4 with that one close-ish CCG loss, but that’s not what happened.

Edited by Lou Loomis

16 minutes ago, HeyMcFly said:

How can you even aggie math to back into thinking am has more money than Texas lmaoooo what a dumb bitch

Screenshot2023-12-04at10_43_38AM.thumb.png.39367c97594db9e305b034311f1a6ea2.png

If by "right there with Texas", she means Texas has nearly 2.5x the money, then sure. xD

But yeah, A&M ain't broke.

Somebody with Twitter should point this out to that goofy chick.

Edited by Hondo
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

When someone says "has more money" it's so stupid and poor that Aggie looks at the annual P&L and income statement.

Look at the net worth (and gazillion dollar endowment that is second only to like Harvard or Yale). Aggy is living paycheck to paycheck and we have generational wealth.

Harvard is around $49b, we're at $42.6b, and Yale is slightly behind at $40b-$41b.  We surpass Harvard's on occasion when the price of oil surges.  A good chunk of our money comes from oil and gas development on land set aside by the State for us - which is hilarious given the political bent of many administrators, etc.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Seriously, how much would it cost them to fire Elko right now and then reopen their coaching search WITHOUT the giant boat anchor requirement of having to retain their bagman DL coach?

'Cause, it's probably what they should be doing right about now...

narrator: it's not going to get better

• Hook 'Em 1

She epitomizes aggy.  Highly debatable opinions, false narratives, and challenges the others to prove her wrong on her erroneous positions.  The discussion was also consistent with what we typically see in other similar discussions - everyone laughs at aggy’s idiotic assertions and aggy becomes infuriated because the idiotic assertions are not accepted as gospel.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 89Horn said:

She epitomizes aggy.  Highly debatable opinions, false narratives, and challenges the others to prove her wrong on her erroneous positions.  The discussion was also consistent with what we typically see in other similar discussions - everyone laughs at aggy’s idiotic assertions and aggy becomes infuriated because the idiotic assertions are not accepted as gospel.

The best part was when she gave the "It's like Oklahoma and Oklahoma State" analogy.  Everyone was like "Yes!  Exactly!", and she immediately knew she fucked up.  xD

"I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you guys.  You're wrong.  You just are."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

Dear lord, just listened to that part. He's thought that would make a good column idea. WTAF. What a monumentally stupid person Olin is. Here's his face after bringing that up:

Screenshot2023-12-04at1_16_27AM.png.a610386096cb841c0d203cda31baabde.png

Seriously.  I used to read his drivel in the Spaceman back in the day, and I would always wonder to myself, "why are you like this?"

9 minutes ago, 89Horn said:

Well she even has a contentious relationship with the mouth breathers...

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3428205

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, orangebird said:

No corches around to corch the Texas Bowl...and at the rate they're going, no players available to play in it, either.

Yep, I smell a "COVID" outbreak incoming.

If only they had a story of a mythical "12th man" that would always be available to come help the team in a time of need.....

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 5

SIAP Texas Monthly from 11/21

https://www.texasmonthly.com/arts-entertainment/rise-and-fall-of-the-longhorn-network/

Spoiler

What if, Dodds asked Byrne, Texas and A&M cut out the rest of the Big 12? What if the two of them—together—were big enough to create a channel on their own?

Texas, Dodds revealed to Byrne, had been exploring the idea of launching its own network. All Longhorns, all the time, beamed into every home in the country. He believed a Longhorn Network could succeed on its own, but it would be stronger with the Aggies on board. “Maybe we’re thinking in the wrong direction,” Dodds had said to other UT administrators ahead of his meeting with Byrne. “Maybe we ought to talk to A&M about this.” So, Dodds made his pitch. What if they went in as partners? They could call it the Lone Star Sports Network, or something like that.

Byrne said he’d think about it. But when Byrne called back, he told Dodds that the Aggies were out. The network would never make money.

Just nice to see this in print.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

This may be the first sane take she has had, and of course she gets smoked for it by the cult. 

Nobody really gives a fuck about what she has to say about the sport of football. She's better looking than the milkmen, so for the subset of their fanbase that prefers pussy to sheep anus, she has an audience. But she cant go running around chirping like some 2%. Read the room, take some notes from chin pubes if you have to, whatever....just dont start being complimentary of Texas. If she's too fucking stupid to figure that out, she better start lodging pimp canes up her asshole on OF. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Blotto said:

Nobody really gives a fuck about what she has to say about the sport of football. She's better looking than the milkmen, so for the subset of their fanbase that prefers pussy to sheep anus, she has an audience. But she cant go running around chirping like some 2%. Read the room, take some notes from chin pubes if you have to, whatever....just dont start being complimentary of Texas. If she's too fucking stupid to figure that out, she better start lodging pimp canes up her asshole on OF. 

wormer-0.0.jpg.75e9cdfb64e263d303bf366b95eb7da6.jpg

• Prepare your anus 1

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

asimpleWrong.thumb.jpg.2194503864dd7fdeff87dea8b980ba60.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This may be the first sane take she has had, and of course she gets smoked for it by the cult. 
Of course the gomers dont understand the difference between rooting for us to lose our playoff game and batshit conspiracy theories about how it was us who knocked FSU out and not their newest big bro. (who are apparently very appealing for aggy to dick ride)

She could have worded it better, but the few sane aggy know what she was talking about.

Evan Stewart sounds off on Jimbo Fisher, NIL situation at Texas A&M: 'Had y'all thinking we was all millionaires'

At Texas A&M, there is an assumption that a lot of NIL money is flowing to the players. However, wide receiver Evan Stewart made it clear that it’s not as much money as many people following the Aggies might think.

In a reply to Hayes Fawcett on Instagram, Stewart sounded off on Jimbo Fisher and the NIL situation at Texas A&M.

“I saw it coming freshman year when I didn’t get paid a dollar from a&m but ‘sliced bread’ had y’all thinking we was all millionaires,” Stewart posted.

In the post that Evan Stewart was replying to showed a quote from Bobby Taylor, an Aggies defensive back. In it, Taylor said that two years ago you couldn’t have told him that Jimbo Fisher would be fired, coaches would be gone, and half the class would transfer. He also asked how that happened.

The reference to ‘sliced bread’ references a source used by a website that Fisher himself called out as it related to NIL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Evan Stewart sounds off on Jimbo Fisher, NIL situation at Texas A&M: 'Had y'all thinking we was all millionaires'

At Texas A&M, there is an assumption that a lot of NIL money is flowing to the players. However, wide receiver Evan Stewart made it clear that it’s not as much money as many people following the Aggies might think.

In a reply to Hayes Fawcett on Instagram, Stewart sounded off on Jimbo Fisher and the NIL situation at Texas A&M.

“I saw it coming freshman year when I didn’t get paid a dollar from a&m but ‘sliced bread’ had y’all thinking we was all millionaires,” Stewart posted.

In the post that Evan Stewart was replying to showed a quote from Bobby Taylor, an Aggies defensive back. In it, Taylor said that two years ago you couldn’t have told him that Jimbo Fisher would be fired, coaches would be gone, and half the class would transfer. He also asked how that happened.

The reference to ‘sliced bread’ references a source used by a website that Fisher himself called out as it related to NIL.

Clear as day indication none of these players actually want to be at atm.  This has been their main problem with recruiting.  They try to buy better classes, but none of these kids care about the school and look to leave at the slightest opportunity.  They were sold a bill of goods and now that it's gone, so are they.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

The SEC couldnt hid A&M from the B12 forever..

Was hoping OU KU or KSU, but now A&M has to blow out OSU or it helps crash their Texas didn't play anyone but Bama and OU argument..

An aspect that hadn't occurred to me yet. You're right. They have to win by at least 3 touchdowns to have any argument at all.

Well, now that I think of it, I'm judging them like normal, fairly rational fans. They've got a flood of lame excuses for this game. 

• Haynes King left
  • Wiggy got hurt
  • Johnson got hurt and left
  • Portal losses
  • New coach always take five years to install his system
  • Didn't want to be there considering their preseason expectations
  • They're looking past this game to next year's (2024! the plan!) natty.
  • tu paid the refs
  • tu ruined college football
  • tu will destroy the SEC
  • Withdrawal pain from Elko coming in and cracking down on the marijuana.
  • NO E-ROB!!!!!!
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Kayce Smith is on the Unnecessary Roughness podcast/youtube channel which is an entertaining watch. For the most part, she's aware of the shortcomings of A&M.

If she was aware of their shortcomings, she wouldn't argue stupid shit like Texas and A&M are  1a and 1b in "everything". that's the complete opposite of being aware of their shortcomings. If she looked like Sarah Huckabee Sanders, nobody would even listen to her. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

An aspect that hadn't occurred to me yet. You're right. They have to win by at least 3 touchdowns to have any argument at all.

Well, now that I think of it, I'm judging them like normal, fairly rational fans. They've got a flood of lame excuses for this game. 

• Haynes King left
  • Wiggy got hurt
  • Johnson got hurt and left
  • Portal losses
  • New coach always take five years to install his system
  • Didn't want to be there considering their preseason expectations
  • They're looking past this game to next year's (2024! the plan!) natty.
  • tu paid the refs
  • tu ruined college football
  • tu will destroy the SEC
  • Withdrawal pain from Elko coming in and cracking down on the marijuana.
  • NO E-ROB!!!!!!

Fucking sips...

bike-fall-meme-bike-fall.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

If she was aware of their shortcomings, she wouldn't argue stupid shit like Texas and A&M are  1a and 1b in "everything". that's the complete opposite of being aware of their shortcomings. If she looked like Sarah Huckabee Sanders, nobody would even listen to her. 
Being away from Collie Station long enough I think she is aware, but also programmed to tow the party line. I love how she blew up her own argument at the end with a perfect analogy.