Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

30 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Oh, I'd say it was pretty critical.  An 11-2 Texas isn't getting into the CFP if everything else stays the same.  But beating Alabama locked us in front of them despite our loss to OU.  And their beating Georgia is the only thing that vaulted us from 7 to 3.

And we only played Bama because aggy are giant pussies and didn't want to play us. Hell, had we played and beaten aggy, we still weren't getting in the playoff. Thanks aggy, for being aggy as always!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 minutes ago, wood said:

And we only played Bama because aggy are giant pussies and didn't want to play us. Hell, had we played and beaten aggy, we still weren't getting in the playoff. Thanks aggy, for being aggy as always!!

Their schedule was full with Appalachian State that weekend.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Vermin said:

image.png.443b6ab92f6a3e12560cf746be6e4729.png

Elko is a magician that can turn 5*s into 5th round picks.

Baltimore Ravens

Mack was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the fifth round, 160th overall, of the 2019 NFL Draft.[2] On November 12, 2019, Mack was placed on injured reserve with a leg injury.[3]

On August 1, 2020, Mack was waived to get below the required 80-man roster limit for training camp under the revised COVID-19 rules.[4]
Detroit Lions

Mack was claimed off of waivers by the Detroit Lions on August 2, 2020, but was waived five days later with a failed physical designation.[5][6]
New York Giants

Mack was signed by the New York Giants on August 17, 2020.[7] He was waived on September 5, 2020.[8]
Green Bay Packers

On September 10, Mack was signed to the Green Bay Packers practice squad.[9] He was released on September 16.[10]
Arizona Cardinals

On November 24, 2020, Mack was signed to the Arizona Cardinals' practice squad.[11] Mack was released on December 21, 2020.[12]
Tennessee Titans

On January 14, 2021, Mack signed a reserve/future contract with the Tennessee Titans.[13] He was waived on June 3, 2021.[14]
Tampa Bay Bandits

Mack was drafted by the Tampa Bay Bandits of the United States Football League in the 24th round of the 2022 USFL draft.[15] He was transferred to the team's inactive roster on April 22, 2022,[16] due to a thigh injury.[17] He was transferred to the active roster on April 30.[18]
Memphis Showboats

Mack and all other Tampa Bay Bandits players were all transferred to the Memphis Showboats after it was announced that the Bandits were taking a hiatus and that the Showboats were joining the league.[19] Mack was placed on injured reserve on April 19, 2023.[20] He re-signed with the Showboats on September 6, 2023.[21]

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Yeah the first thing I said about Jimbo's firing was that I was only surprised about the timing. So weird, and so aggy. The second thing I told my kid was that it was clear they had no actual plan and just pulled the trigger because they finally felt like they could ... and that he should get his popcorn, because the next few weeks/months/years would be some of the best comedy gold yet from the gift that keeps on giving. I knew it would be a clown show because it's never been anything but a clown show. They never disappoint.
I truly believe the timing was at least partially based on the delusion they could pull in any coach they wanted, even ones well on their way to a conference championship. Then the BMD's stepped in with a big dose of fiscal reality...which left them realistic choices of Elko, Traylor or someone that would make even less of a splash nationally and enrage the average aggy donors.
  • Like 1

I thought ignorance was bliss. Apparently being stupid makes for an unhappy life.

Their pea brains cannot wrap around the simple fact that Bama wasn't getting in ahead of us no matter what after our head to head win. Literally the only way the SEC doesn't get shut out of the playoffs is kicking out an undefeated conference champ to the curb. I've seen people make the argument we should have been #4 with FSU, Washington and Michigan above us, but literally nobody outside Collie station saying we should be the ones left at home.

Are we really taking the bolded part as truth?  Because it seems that originated from a texags thread, and I don't remember seeing anyone else actually report it.  Besides, Bjork would not still be employed if that really happened...
aggy loves them some fiction and they created it themselves, why not make it canon?

1 hour ago, orangebird said:

But if there is any truth to be had in that, then they may be waiting a while until things stabilize in their athletic department before they give him the boot.

If you believe the narrative, Bjork was literally the cause of the instability, you know...

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, linux said:

Is there any evidence about trying to schedule Aggie for the 22 and 23 season?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24448690/texas-aggies-declined-texas-longhorn-series-renewal-proposal

Spoiler

The University of Texas recently extended an invitation to Texas A&M to resume their instate football rivalry and play a home-and-home in 2022-23, the Houston Chronicle has reported.

The Aggies, according to the Chronicle, declined.

"We were already booked," Texas A&M athletic director Scott Woodward told the newspaper. "We're booked 10 years out. He had an opening at the time, and it suited him, but it didn't suit us."

Texas and Texas A&M have not played since 2011, when the Longhorns posted a 27-25 victory in College Station. 

The Aggies reportedly have Appalachian State and Miami scheduled in 2022, then New Mexico and Miami in 2023. After the Aggies declined, Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte scheduled Alabama for those two years instead.

In addition to any scheduling conflicts, the Chronicle reported that the Aggies "don't believe" they need to renew their rivalry with Texas -- primarily because of their affiliation in the SEC West.

"You have Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss and Mississippi State rolling in here every other year and Arkansas in Dallas every year. That's a pretty darn good schedule," Woodward said. "And as brutal and hard as our schedule is in the SEC West. ... it's definitely the toughest division in football. That's proven year in and year out."

Texas and Texas A&M have not played since 2011, when the Longhorns posted a 27-25 victory in College Station.

"You look at where national championships come from and the caliber of play, and you see it every week," Woodward said. "It's hard on a team, and it's a pounding. So you have to be careful how you schedule your nonconference games."

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

10 minutes ago, linux said:

Is there any evidence about trying to schedule Aggie for the 22 and 23 season?

Yes. It happened in 2018 and was all over the media at the time.

See @dcbc's link.

Also: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Why-Texas-A-M-vs-Texas-won-t-happen-in-football-13175218.php

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

Don't give one flippin' shit if it's already been posted.  Thank you sir may I have another!

I showed this to my UW grad buddy on Sunday after it was announced we were playing in New Orleans and he laughed his ass off.

What movie is that sequence from?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

They keep saying Texas is the fraud and got in because of politics and media. I’m listening to some analysts and podcasts these last day or so, nearly everyone is saying they are fine with the top 4, but logically if FSU should be in then it’s Alabama that should have been left out and the top four should have been Michigan, Washington, FSU, and Texas.

This.  Alabama is the one who should be out.  Unless it is aggy.  This very morning I was arguing with one in a group text, he said "Whorns got in on politics" and when I corrected him that it is actually Bama and not Texas his argument was Bama should be in a Texas out. Not kidding. 

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

This.  Alabama is the one who should be out.  Unless it is aggy.  This very morning I was arguing with one in a group text, he said "Whorns got in on politics" and when I corrected him that it is actually Bama and not Texas his argument was Bama should be in a Texas out. Not kidding. 

You are arguing with a rock that stupidity is etched in stone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

You sure? They would rather stay at Duke or look elsewhere than go to A&M, a place famous for high salaries for coaches?

I am kind of fascinated how A&M is going to play against OSU. They can't forfeit again so...what are they going to do? Lose 84-0 or something? They have to find coaches to coach and players to play fast.

E-Rob is going to save the day stupid sip!

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

21 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Perhaps some of that belief comes from the adoration they have for the Alabama program. By that I'm talking about the winning and the culture of winning. (the "They deserve it" theory) But that culture (as Texas will attest) takes time and quite a bit of effort and a willingness to be patient for the realization of the long range goals. That there exists a program west of their campus that has slowly and steadily rebuilt seems unfathomable to them because one has to objectively view the programs at UT and A&M and doing so is likely a little too on the nose for most of their fans.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Baltimore Ravens

Mack was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the fifth round, 160th overall, of the 2019 NFL Draft.[2] On November 12, 2019, Mack was placed on injured reserve with a leg injury.[3]

On August 1, 2020, Mack was waived to get below the required 80-man roster limit for training camp under the revised COVID-19 rules.[4]
Detroit Lions

Mack was claimed off of waivers by the Detroit Lions on August 2, 2020, but was waived five days later with a failed physical designation.[5][6]
New York Giants

Mack was signed by the New York Giants on August 17, 2020.[7] He was waived on September 5, 2020.[8]
Green Bay Packers

On September 10, Mack was signed to the Green Bay Packers practice squad.[9] He was released on September 16.[10]
Arizona Cardinals

On November 24, 2020, Mack was signed to the Arizona Cardinals' practice squad.[11] Mack was released on December 21, 2020.[12]
Tennessee Titans

On January 14, 2021, Mack signed a reserve/future contract with the Tennessee Titans.[13] He was waived on June 3, 2021.[14]
Tampa Bay Bandits

Mack was drafted by the Tampa Bay Bandits of the United States Football League in the 24th round of the 2022 USFL draft.[15] He was transferred to the team's inactive roster on April 22, 2022,[16] due to a thigh injury.[17] He was transferred to the active roster on April 30.[18]
Memphis Showboats

Mack and all other Tampa Bay Bandits players were all transferred to the Memphis Showboats after it was announced that the Bandits were taking a hiatus and that the Showboats were joining the league.[19] Mack was placed on injured reserve on April 19, 2023.[20] He re-signed with the Showboats on September 6, 2023.[21]

You gotta give him credit for not giving up.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Lou_Sassle said:

You've got to be fucking shitting me...I thought they wanted a more modern, wide open offense... not one from the early 90s.

Defensive coaches love offenses from early 90s. Keeps their defense off the field while they slowly grind out a few first downs and punt.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Defensive coaches love offenses from early 90s. Keeps their defense off the field while they slowly grind out a few first downs and punt.

Yeah, but you can do both. Sark's offense can still milk the shit out of the clock while still being innovative, creative and modern.

Just now, TexasMan said:

"But Billy told us Kansas State sucked last year."

How is Looch going to spin it this time? 

Took a sitting P5 OC from a recent conference championship program.  Had the #8 Missouri Tigers and the #3 team (name withheld) on the ropes if not for a miracle field goal and a poor decision by HC.  

Anyone is free to copy and paste. I don't intend to ever register there.
I rarely visit the rant, but I don't think they collectively have enough intellect to comprehend what you wrote. It also seems aggy has rubbed off on a few of them the past 12 years...or there are a lot of aggy socks pretending to be fans of other SEC teams, or simply have Houston Astros logo beside their name
(telltale sign)
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1