Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I’m surprised aggy doesn’t require girls to wear fake balls, so they’ll have something to squeeze….maroon balls!

You could be on to something here.  This could be bigger than mayo in the tuna can.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I’m surprised aggy doesn’t require girls to wear fake balls, so they’ll have something to squeeze….maroon balls!

They could just take them off the back of their trucks.

images.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

image.jpeg.3a3ed3aaf85a8f0ea71490e9537958f7.jpeg

Fourth-year quarterback who has appeared in 21 games with six starts ... owns the school record for most consecutive passes to start a career without an interception (124) which was also the third-longest overall streak ... also completed 17 straight passes vs. Kansas State in 2012, a mark that is tied for second in school history ... enrolled in January '10 to take part in spring drills ... a prep All-American and two-time all-state selection ... a versatile athlete that also lettered in basketball and track and field ... brother of former Longhorn National Player of the Year, Colt McCoy…..don’t forget his last game at aggy!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Big Ball moves...

image.png.74bd0ea980ca7557a84897298dc8f0d7.png

Sources: Texas A&M continues filling out offensive staff

Texas A&M has hired three offensive analysts, all with previous ties to Collin Klein.

ZACH BARNETT        6 HOURS AGO

Texas A&M head coach Mike Elko continues filling out his first staff with three additions to the offensive support staff, all of whom have previous ties to coordinator Collin Klein.

Josh Buford will join as an analyst working with quarterbacks. A former Kansas City area high school coach, Buford spent 2021 as a defensive analyst at Hawai'i before coming to K-State in 2022. He helped the Wildcats win the Big 12 in 2022 and served as the quarterbacks coach for K-State's Pop-Tarts Bowl win over NC State.

Christian Ellsworth will come over as an analyst working with tight ends after doing the same at Nebraska in 2023. A Northern Iowa quarterback from 2016-19, he spent 2020-21 as a GA at K-State and 2022 as a GA at South Carolina.

Finally, Justin Joyce will work with wide receivers, coming over from a GA stint at Mississippi State. He was a GA at K-State in 2022 and previously served as the quarterbacks coach at Walsh University. 

Aggies to top 25!

3,885 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by Maroon Flash
jrgypsum

This may be dumbest poll I've ever seen
Beezy2389

AG

So this is a top 10 of who might make it into the Top 25?
BartInLA

Confusing article.

Do who is the biggest rivals of Liberty University? Oral Roberts?
WholeBread

AG

Great to see we're in the conversation with Liberty, Kansas, and SMU
We should put up a statue or at least some signage.
Maroon Flash

AG

This is an insulting article. One of these teams is not like the others. I hope every one of the bull****e articles gets posted on a team bulletin board.
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Aggies to top 25!

3,885 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by Maroon Flash
jrgypsum

This may be dumbest poll I've ever seen
Beezy2389

AG

So this is a top 10 of who might make it into the Top 25?
BartInLA

Confusing article.

Do who is the biggest rivals of Liberty University? Oral Roberts?
WholeBread

AG

Great to see we're in the conversation with Liberty, Kansas, and SMU
We should put up a statue or at least some signage.
Maroon Flash

AG

This is an insulting article. One of these teams is not like the others. I hope every one of the bull****e articles gets posted on a team bulletin board.

Gerd Gard almarty...

On 1/24/2024 at 7:56 AM, Pancho said:

A certain college is noticeably absent for thinking they are a blue blood:

Someone on the rant ran these numbers for regular season play only, noting that regular season viewership is more open to comparison. They also noted that Texas was stuck with a couple games on LHN and would have better numbers going forward.

If you look at just the regular season, Washington comes in 27th in viewership during this time frame, not 14th as they list them.

If you look at just the regular season, it’s actually just 13 brands, not 16, that garner 50% of all TV Viewers.

2016-2023 Regular Season Only % of all CFB viewership by brand:

1. Alabama- 6.26%
2. Ohio State- 6.12%
3. Michigan- 5.26%
4. Notre Dame- 4.13%
5. Georgia- 3.86%
6. LSU- 3.57%
7. Penn State- 3.35%
8. Auburn- 3.33%
9. Oklahoma- 3.16%
10. Florida- 2.96%
11. Texas- 2.96%
12. Clemson- 2.63%
13. Tennessee- 2.59%

Cumulative % of the Top 13 is 50.19%
ATM comes in at #14, Arkansas at #21, Ole Miss at #22.

These were the top 32 this season

Alabama 7.12 (SEC)
Ohio State 6.05 (Big Ten)
Colorado 6.00 (Pac-12)
Georgia 5.90 (SEC)
Michigan 5.61 (Big Ten)
Tennessee 4.57 (SEC)
Oregon 4.43 (Pac-12)
Texas 4.26 (Big 12)
Florida State 4.16 (ACC)
Notre Dame 4.15 (Independent)
Washington 4.14 (Pac-12)
LSU 3.79 (SEC)
USC 3.77 (Pac-12)
Penn State 3.66 (Big Ten)
Auburn 3.55 (SEC)
Missouri 3.25 (SEC)
Florida 3.17 (SEC)
Ole Miss 2.93 (SEC)
Clemson 2.90 (ACC)
Texas A&M 2.74 (SEC)
Iowa 2.68 (Big Ten)
Miami 2.65 (ACC)
Duke 2.639 (ACC)
Nebraska 2.637 (Big Ten)
Utah 2.616 (Pac-12)
Oklahoma 2.6153 (Big 12)
Navy 2.6152 (AAC)
Oregon State 2.44 (Pac-12)
Louisville 2.37 (ACC)
Washington State 2.15 (Pac-12)
Kentucky 2.07 (SEC)
Mississippi State 2.01 (SEC)

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3438030

I present one of the dumbest takes in sports history

Unpopular opinion re: Bama

They're not that great a program, it's not a destination job, and with Saban leaving they will fall into relative mediocrity for the next decade.

Pre-NIL, Saban could have taken a lot of programs to the success he has brought Bama. He was arguably on his way at LSU before bolting to the NFL. He just so happened to land at a school in Bama who had historically been great a few generations before he got there, but if he had ended up at Georgia or Tennessee or Texas or even here he could have replicated the success he's had for the past 16 years.

Now Bama has to compete with everyone else having the same advantages and opportunities that they do, and without their legendary coach. Meanwhile, Smart has Georgia on their way to becoming the next dynasty and they've already shown they can adapt to the new landscape in college football.

I think Bama's run at the top is over, and the rise of the next era of college greatness will be achieved by schools who have not traditionally been the blue bloods and perennial favorites.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

They're not that great a program, it's not a destination job, and with Saban leaving they will fall into relative mediocrity for the next decade.

Now try to imagine how insufferable aggy would be with any CFB success whatsoever. Even an SEC division title is out of their reach.

9 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

Pre-NIL, Saban could have taken a lot of programs to the success he has brought Bama. He was arguably on his way at LSU before bolting to the NFL. He just so happened to land at a school in Bama who had historically been great a few generations before he got there, but if he had ended up at Georgia or Tennessee or Texas or even here he could have replicated the success he's had for the past 16 years.

Now Bama has to compete with everyone else having the same advantages and opportunities that they do, and without their legendary coach. Meanwhile, Smart has Georgia on their way to becoming the next dynasty and they've already shown they can adapt to the new landscape in college football.

I think Bama's run at the top is over, and the rise of the next era of college greatness will be achieved by schools who have not traditionally been the blue bloods and perennial favorites.

I just was having a similar talk with one of my neighbors yesterday, but it was more along the lines of Bama is a top ten job but maybe not a top five job due to NIL, smaller state population, lack of nearby metro areas, and increased competition. 

Program success doesn’t necessarily correspond to job desirability, for example Clemson has been a top 10 program for a decade but is clearly not a top ten job.

However, to say that they are not a great program or not a destination job is just asinine. Bama could turn into 2000-2020 Tennessee for the next 20 years and they’d still likely be a top ten job.

10 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

Obviously calling them "not that great of a program" is indeed stupid..... Even if they never won another title again for the next 85 years (see what I did there) they would still be a great program.

With that said I do think the latter part of his "take" is correct in that odds are high that their run of dominance is likely over due to the changing landscape of CFB.