Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

On 3/25/2024 at 9:04 AM, texasdago said:

Went skiing over spring break... one thing I dislike about the average Texan skiers is how they show up and ski dressed like walking billboards for their schools... it looks goofy and fits the CO narrative of Texan skiers.  Anyhoo... I need to find a picture as my wife told me about and then I saw this family of four Aggies, all dressed in top to bottom aggy gear to go skiing... it was nauseating and it was perfectly on brand.  

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, texasdago said:

Found the picture when I spotted them at the bar.  They had aggy layers under their aggy layers...

image.thumb.png.d651da26f9b69feff47a0cc9d39119b0.png

I have a cousin who went to TAMU, and his 3 kids went too.  I have never seen them in anything that isn't black, white, grey or maroon for at least 20 years.  It's astounding.  

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

I have a cousin who went to TAMU, and his 3 kids went too.  I have never seen them in anything that isn't black, white, grey or maroon for at least 20 years.  It's astounding.  

Went to Isla Mujeres with some good friends who happen to be aggy.  While there the husband made a comment to me about how Longhorns are always wearing UT stuff.  I didn't bring anything Longhorn related on the trip.  Meanwhile, he wore aggy flair every single day.  

• Haha 8

Went to Isla Mujeres with some good friends who happen to be aggy.  While there the husband made a comment to me about how Longhorns are always wearing UT stuff.  I didn't bring anything Longhorn related on the trip.  Meanwhile, he wore aggy flair every single day.  
The worst is when they do it in Europe. And no, they aren't random young Europeans who like the colors and logo. I do see a lot of young Europeans wearing Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, Yale, Columbia etc...and then when it comes to non-ivies you get ND and I've even seen a few Longhorn hoodies and tshirts on what I don't think were American tourists.

22 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Yeah their super power is Projection.  It's weird, but that's the way of things.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, ousux said:
34 minutes ago, texasdago said:

The worst is when they do it in Europe. And no, they aren't random young Europeans who like the colors and logo. I do see a lot of young Europeans wearing Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, Yale, Columbia etc...and then when it comes to non-ivies you get ND and I've even seen a few Longhorn hoodies and tshirts on what I don't think were American tourists.

You remember a few years ago something showed up on the internet where some ignorant TAMU fan had scratched graffiti into the Colosseum or some other venerated site?    Like they expect people who visit from around the world to recognize their symbol and say "yes, it is now complete, Texas A & M has been here."

• Rage+1 2

You remember a few years ago something showed up on the internet where some ignorant TAMU fan had scratched graffiti into the Colosseum or some other venerated site?    Like they expect people who visit from around the world to recognize their symbol and say "yes, it is now complete, Texas A & M has been here."
That's just the sort of idiocy I expect from aggy. Very on brand.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 3/23/2024 at 6:07 PM, jimmyjazz said:

This chick:

image.png.78e91f7ded223847c6fab4adf74bbe2b.png

looks a fair bit like Austin songbird Kim Longacre (of Zeitgeist / The Reivers).  She's not a dead ringer, but there is a similarity.  Pretty much every (straight) guy who used to go see late 80's early 90's indie rock in Austin had a thing for Kim.  Sorry for the threadjack, I just wanted to find a photo of her.  I'll be in my bunk.

image.png.4897e22b0e0b5888bc334a347597916b.png

Reivers Holla!

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

i'm tellin you guys, we have got to go in to the agswag business

it's free money

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, texasdago said:

Oh there is no doubt.  Wherever you are in the world, if you see aggy flair, it is absolutely 100% an aggy.  Conversely, if you see a NY Yankees hat, it is 99% not a Yankees fan.  Its the Coca Cola of baseball hats.

Oh there is no doubt.  Wherever you are in the world, if you see aggy flair, it is absolutely 100% an aggy.  Conversely, if you see a NY Yankees hat, it is 99% not a Yankees fan.  Its the Coca Cola of baseball hats.
Yeah, in Europe you'll see Yankees swag for sure, and Chicago Cubs..especially in Paris for whatever reason. aggy gear in Europe will be 99.9% aggy tourists for sure. The .1% are international aggy students who went to fish camp.

He must be ungodly cheap, not even a gold's gym, not that I think there is that much different to a Planet Fitness, but he could easily afford a home gym hell I have one and it is just one dollar per lb.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, texasdago said:

Yeah, in Europe you'll see Yankees swag for sure, and Chicago Cubs..especially in Paris for whatever reason. aggy gear in Europe will be 99.9% aggy tourists for sure. The .1% are international aggy students who went to fish camp.

The weirdest part is aggy takes an irrational pride in their lack of popularity amongst non-aggy.

Only real aggy wears our gear! Whoop! tu has a buncha t-shirt fans!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, linux said:

He must be ungodly cheap, not even a gold's gym, not that I think there is that much different to a Planet Fitness, but he could easily afford a home gym hell I have one and it is just one dollar per lb.

He was only there to use the weight bar. He was seen lifting his own 100 pound sacks of money on either end of it. 

16 hours ago, ousux said:
16 hours ago, texasdago said:

Qatar citizens.

18 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I was at Colosseum with my friend whose wife is aggie. She was wearing a butt ugly aTm sweatshirt. I pointed to her shirt, then pointed to that fucking graffiti and just shook my head.

What a fine way to trash the rep of your own school, right?

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, CosmoDog said:

I was at Colosseum with my friend whose wife is aggie. She was wearing a butt ugly aTm sweatshirt. I pointed to her shirt, then pointed to that fucking graffiti and just shook my head.

Must have positive rep to trash said positive rep

Not ashamed. Proud.

http://www.theeagle.com/news/a_m/texas-a-m-logo-found-etched-into-column-at-rome/article_ca22aa68-3a1f-11e6-8061-630f1c077388.html
  • Rage+1 2

JFC I thought you people meant the USC Colosseum they defaced the real one? I am fucking angry now why is this shitstain of a fanbase not nuked from orbit? 
Don't worry, aggy is involved in the space program now, I'm sure eventually they'll do it to themselves.

1 hour ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, linux said:
JFC I thought you people meant the USC Colosseum they defaced the real one? I am fucking angry now why is this shitstain of a fanbase not nuked from orbit? 

Don't worry, aggy is involved in the space program now, I'm sure eventually they'll do it to themselves.

There's a quip about the rocket falling over on the launch pad... But I'll stop before someone has to tell me it's too soon.

There's a quip about the rocket falling over on the launch pad... But I'll stop before someone has to tell me it's too soon.
I can see a hungover aggy typing in their own address to satellite controls just for laughs, and then spilling their coffee on the arm/launch controls.

1 hour ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, PvilleStang said:

I can see a hungover aggy typing in their own address to satellite controls just for laughs, and then spilling their coffee on the arm/launch controls.

Or the countdown will run out of time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

The best BIG college town in America—and the rest of the top 50, according to data: (unable to locate aggy):

#1. Austin, TX©MikeHolp // Shutterstock

- Total score: 63.27
- Wallet friendliness rank: 204
- Social environment rank: 12
- Academic and economic opportunities rank: 21

It's no surprise that Austin, with its distinct counterculture, vibrant nightlife, hot culinary scene, and many music venues, ranks as the best college town in the United States. And college students have taken notice: The University of Texas at Austin has over 40,000 undergrads alone. Add in grad students and those attending other schools in the region—including St. Edward's University, the Art Institute of Austin, and Huston-Tillotson University—and it's clear that at its heart, Austin is a major college town.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/the-best-big-college-town-in-america-and-the-rest-of-the-top-50-according-to-data/ss-BB1jaPvS?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=8e421450aa5e4c5ba6973cffb8d25b1a&ei=14#image=50

• Hook 'Em 7

My old HS, Atlanta High in NE Texas (drew stubbs)

They did a new logo maybe 5 years ago. The team has always been maroon and white, but the did a similar aTm logo, but with aTl on hats and shirts and gear.

Cease and desist letter from aggy, and they stated to not have any social media pics going forward immediately. So some track kids that had the logo on their shirts had to take them off for a pic for SM.

Yea I get it on their aTm logo and font. But to piss off a texas HS fan base over letters is just dumb business. Let the high schools use your logo or fonts you dumb idiots.

"My old HS, Atlanta High in NE Texas (drew stubbs)

They did a new logo maybe 5 years ago. The team has always been maroon and white, but the did a similar aTm logo, but with aTl on hats and shirts and gear.

Cease and desist letter from aggy, and they stated to not have any social media pics going forward immediately. So some track kids that had the logo on their shirts had to take them off for a pic for SM.

Yea I get it on their aTm logo and font. But to piss off a texas HS fan base over letters is just dumb business. Let the high schools use your logo or fonts you dumb idiots."

After their fight with a pro football team, do you really think they would bow to a high school?

20 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Jfc…and that official aggy media  crows about how visitors are committing a mortal sin & 1st degree felony if they inadvertently walk on a patch of their “sacred” grass?

How self unaware those redass shit for brains freaks are.

Man fuck their grass. It's ugly anyway. If I'm able to go to the game on turkey day I'll stand on it and take a picture. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

12 hours ago, markstanco said:

Yea I get it on their aTm logo and font. But to piss off a texas HS fan base over letters is just dumb business. Let the high schools use your logo or fonts you dumb idiots.

Many teams have done licensing deals in these situations -- $1 a year for the right to use the logo or some such.

I guess A&M is just a little to important for that.