Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Stupid question amnesty ... is it accurate the chant originated from Texas mocking Arkansas in 1989 or is that an aggy-style "tradition." I think I read that on shag, but I'm old.

It was 1990, the "Arkansas Exit Tour."  I'm pretty sure other SWC fanbases did it that season, but I don't know if any did it before we did.  That was a glorious send-off for their last conference game in Austin, beating the disgusting pig people 49-17.

Edited by utee94

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

It was 1990, the "Arkansas Exit Tour."  I'm pretty sure other SWC fanbases did it that season, but I don't know if any did it before we did.  That was a glorious send-off for their last conference game in Austin, beating the disgusting pig people 49-17.

They were still in the conference in 1991. 1990 was the last time Arkansas came to Austin when they were in the SWC is all.

3 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Were secsecsec teams using the chant at the time or did SWC fans invent it? Graze in advance.

10 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

They were still in the conference in 1991. 1990 was the last time Arkansas came to Austin when they were in the SWC is all.

Yes.  But this is about the origin of the chant.  They announced they were leaving in 1990, and it was the last time they played in Austin, thus our last (and only) chance to chant SECSECSEC at them.  They entered the season ranked in the top 15, but proceeded to  lose every single SWC game they played, until they finally beat a recently-off-probation SMU in their final game of the season.

They fared somewhat better the next season going 5-4 in SWC play, including beating us in Little Rock, where their fans returned the favor and chanted SECSECSEC at us, as visitors.

Edited by utee94

8 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I was at that game in 1990 but somehow I do not remember the SECSECSEC chant. But I was only just marginally aware of the existence of other conferences back then. College Football was much more regional, or I remember it that way.

That was my freshman year at Texas, and I remember that game (and all of the others) extremely well.  The sport was definitely more regional, which is why it was viewed as such a betrayal that Arkansas would leave to join the SEC.  We definitely chanted it at them during that game.  We were pissed, they were traitors, and we whipped them badly (just one week after beating OU 14-13 with the Cash twins scoring our 2 TDs).  Taunting them as they skulked out of our stadium was glorious. Borderline erotic, some might say. To many people, Arkansas was a much bigger rival than A&M ever was.

Edited by utee94

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Were secsecsec teams using the chant at the time or did SWC fans invent it? Graze in advance.

I'm not sure.  I don't recall it being a thing, but there weren't nearly as many televised games as there are now, so it would be tough to know for certain.

Texas is currently 179-87-5 all time against the SEC. The only 2 teams that have a winning record are South Carolina (1-0) and Vanderbilt (7-2-1). Texas also currently holds scoreboard on 8 of the 14 members. On average the Longhorns are about a TD better per game than the SEC in their history.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I'm not sure.  I don't recall it being a thing, but there weren't nearly as many televised games as there are now, so it would be tough to know for certain.

Yeah, I never even remember seeing Mississippi State play on TV until we played them in 1991 (my first year at Texas).

21 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I was at that game in 1990 but somehow I do not remember the SECSECSEC chant. But I was only just marginally aware of the existence of other conferences back then. College Football was much more regional, or I remember it that way.

I was a freshman that year. I also seem to remember the visitor section getting showered with cokes when we knocked off UH. 

27 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Yes, SEC teams have been chanting that shit forever. There is a Herchel Walker 30 for 30 or whatever it was that shows Georgia chanting that shit in the locker room after a game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Yes, SEC teams have been chanting that shit forever. There is a Herchel Walker 30 for 30 or whatever it was that shows Georgia chanting that shit in the locker room after a game.

That could definitely be the case.  Like I said, without widespread television coverage, we were in the dark about a lot of things other fanbases did at their football games.  Unless you physically attended an away game in their home stadium, you'd never know what their traditions were.

When we did it to Arkansas in 1990, it wasn't specifically about the SEC.  It was about our perception of them as traitors, abandoning the SWC. If they'd been leaving to go to the Big Ten, I'm sure we'd have chanted that instead.  It wouldn't have been as catchy, but we'd have managed.

Edited by utee94

22 hours ago, texifornia said:

From the school that brought us The BOMC, that single tweet perfectly encapsulates their worldview - everything is a conspiracy theory against them, no matter how batshit insane it is. 

And agreeing with others that they won’t drop below 7-8 wins.  They hired Jimbo to keep 7-8  wins going, and SEC scheduling is meant to protect SEC teams (hence why we faced Georgia before aggy did).  

• Like 2

My GM is an aggy and when I asked him what he thought about the game all he did was complain how every sec school that misses the championship doesn’t want to play their bowl game and it makes “us” (the sec) look bad. 

I responded that if their is a pattern of losing doesn’t that mean the teams aren’t as good?

He got pissed and walked off. So funny how upset they are at our game. And the use of “us” and “we” for sec just makes it sound so much worse. Coattails. It’s all they got 

24 minutes ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

My GM is an aggy and when I asked him what he thought about the game all he did was complain how every sec school that misses the championship doesn’t want to play their bowl game and it makes “us” (the sec) look bad. 

I responded that if their is a pattern of losing doesn’t that mean the teams aren’t as good?

He got pissed and walked off. So funny how upset they are at our game. And the use of “us” and “we” for sec just makes it sound so much worse. Coattails. It’s all they got 

If I was you, I'd not rub it in my GM's face....which I'm sure is how he perceived it.  All you have to do is just wear a burnt orange shirt to work.

28 minutes ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

It mind bottling how from the instant they showed up in the SEC they’ve behaved as though they are the blue blood member of the conference to the extent that they shun true conference pillars like UGA when aggy percieves that they aren’t pulling their weight. Coming from a program that’s been nothing more than a warm body in their conference for generations. They also shit on programs like Vandy and Missou as being unworthy of being SEC members despite the fact that Missou has achieved more than aggy. 

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, as much I would love the bottom to fall out and see aggy go 5-7, that’s probably a pipe dream. Id like to see them have the best season in school history, win the SEC, make the playoff and turn around and lose to us.

You think aggy going to the playoffs ISN’T a pipe dream?

26 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

It mind bottling how from the instant they showed up in the SEC they’ve behaved as though they are the blue blood member of the conference to the extent that they shun true conference pillars like UGA when aggy percieves that they aren’t pulling their weight. Coming from a program that’s been nothing more than a warm body in their conference for generations. They also shit on programs like Vandy and Missou as being unworthy of being SEC members despite the fact that Missou has achieved more than aggy. 

Of course that’s the way they are anywhere and everywhere about anything and everything. It’s why most people who know their fanbase don’t like them. They’re obnoxious pieces of shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/2/2019 at 1:42 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Holy shit their delusion knows no boundaries. Clemson, a team who has made the playoffs 4 years in a row and in their 3rd national title game in 4 years is just a slight upgrade to Aggy?

Capture.png

Slight fucking nod to UGAs true freshman, probably top 3 draft pick if he could leave after next season, most likely the top QB in the draft in 2 more years...

vs kellen heller

oh aggy, you had a chance to start over in a new conference where you could try to leave some of the weird and delusion behind.  Nope, not a chance.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, texaslong said:

So when is Texas firing Herman? Looch guaranteed that Herman wouldn't make it passed this year. 

Yep.  After the Maryland game he said it was over for Herman and that he was finished and wouldn't recover from it and that Jimbo would take over the state going forward.

Beating Georgia was really two wins in one.  You won the Sugar Bowl and pissed off all the Aggies all in one night.  That's talent.

Wat? What makes you think New Mexico State or UC Davis gives two shits anout the Sugar Bowl?

You seem stupid miss aggy troll moron twatwaffle douchebag aggy.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, texaslong said:

So when is Texas firing Herman? Looch guaranteed that Herman wouldn't make it passed this year. 

Loochie has taken over for 13-0 Branding Iron, whose drug-addled brain has apparently fully retired. Looch is the current reigning Nostradumbass.

His takes should purely be taken as satire, since his 77 IQ prevents anything resembling objectivity. Of course, he's still just an aggy recruiting booster posing as a journalist.

Since aggy will always have 3-4 nonconference layups, along with the miss schools and usc on their schedule every season, they will never be below 6 wins. 

They wont be beating Alabama very often in the near term at least. 

Their schedule hinges on two things, how they perform against Auburn and LSU, and who their rotating sec east team is. 

The rotating game is usually a win since most of the time it’s Kentucky or Tennessee or Missouri or Vanderbilt 2/3 of the time, and Georgia and Florida 1/3 of the time. 

I’d expect them to almost always play to their schedule, and be somewhere between 10-2 and 7-5 every year. 

• Like 1

You work at Burger King?
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

Hypocrisy...how does it work?

I predicted 8-4 for Aggy last year. I figure they will do the same. Aside from Clemson, their OOC is a joke. They get one freebie. South Carolina is their pairing from the East and they are trash. Arkansas is terrible. They pile up the easy wins. Plus, they are not a terrible team. They aren't great by any means but they have the talent to get to 8 wins right now on a regular basis. But are never going to be considered a contender. They have beaten Bama and LSU once respectively since they joined in 2012. 

I figure they will have another 8 win season. But I suspect they are going 0-3 vs Georgia/Clemson/Bama. Not sure how good LSU will be but it will be in BR so they have that going for them. Possibly could be 0-4 against that slate.

The best part about the past 48 hours is that on the verge of us leaving town forever, my non-sports-interested wife (no pictures you demented fucks) has finally had her eyes opened to the idiocy of even the most intelligent of aggy. After overhearing four separate conversations at HEB (thank God it was open), she turned to me and asked, "Why do they care so much about a game they didn't play in?"

I pulled up aggypedia for her, and said "Here's the shit they never talk about, don't want you to know, and don't even admit to themselves is true. They've been pathetic for over 100 years."

She asked me, "North Carolina fans aren't going to be like this, are they?" I educated her on avoiding letting people think she was either a Duke or UNC fan during winter, and let her know that's the only sports related information she'll need once we move.

1 hour ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

The lamest, pussy rationalization for losing a bowl game is the "We didn't want to be there" routine. They don't mind scheduling cupcake FCS , they save their emotional energy for for bending over a handicapped opponent, I guess to inflate their egos, which really seems to resonate with aggy and seems very aggy, so they are in the right conference.

As far as making the SEC/aggy/ "we" look bad, It kinda does, but really with their pathetic excuses on why they couldn't or wouldn't  win it makes them look more like , you know,

.......losers.

32 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I predicted 8-4 for Aggy last year. I figure they will do the same. Aside from Clemson, their OOC is a joke. They get one freebie. South Carolina is their pairing from the East and they are trash. Arkansas is terrible. They pile up the easy wins. Plus, they are not a terrible team. They aren't great by any means but they have the talent to get to 8 wins right now on a regular basis. But are never going to be considered a contender. They have beaten Bama and LSU once respectively since they joined in 2012. 

I figure they will have another 8 win season. But I suspect they are going 0-3 vs Georgia/Clemson/Bama. Not sure how good LSU will be but it will be in BR so they have that going for them. Possibly could be 0-4 against that slate.

aggy finishing @UGA and @LSU is going to have them limping into their bowl game. 8-4 is definitely their ceiling next year, especially if they lose Williams to go along with Sternberger and almost their entire defensive front.

7 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER! POOOOOOOOR AM-BER!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1