Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

4 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

After the win that wasn't, they were never the same.  I don't know if they just knew they were fucked, but especially after that they never played the same. 

I get that but damn just go out there and make a play. All they needed was one play and they win. 4th and 18 I am sending the house. But they sit back in a deep zone and allow the Aggy WR to sit all alone for an easy 1st. I don't get why more coaches don't blitz on those long to gain situations. Force them to throw it quickly, which results in a much shorter throw or one he doesn't want to make. LSU continually rushed 3 guys, giving Mond all day and their secondary couldn't cover shit from the 4th qtr on.

• Replies 72.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

I get that but damn just go out there and make a play. All they needed was one play and they win. 4th and 18 I am sending the house. But they sit back in a deep zone and allow the Aggy WR to sit all alone for an easy 1st. I don't get why more coaches don't blitz on those long to gain situations. Force them to throw it quickly, which results in a much shorter throw or one he doesn't want to make. LSU continually rushed 3 guys, giving Mond all day and their secondary couldn't cover shit from the 4th qtr on.

I think they were straight up gassed. Aggy had run over 100 plays by the end

2 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Possibly.  Give fans hope that Bama is beatable (by one of their own of course) even though they have basically recruited over every team going on a decade.  You can crown Bama every year as long as other teams think they have a shot, UGA recruiting over Bama last year is exhibit A.    

Truly, with their overall talent advantage and great coaching, no one SHOULD beat Bama, though it's football so it can happen.  If you think this team looks good, wait for next year-- look at the roster, it's soph/jr heavy, they have like 3 seniors on their 2 deep

Probably deserves its own thread but I'd love to see the process of how Bama got to this point. Was Saban that good? When I was growing up, Alabama wasn't shit. Hell they were never really relevant until the end of the 2000s. Even in 2009 when we lost to them, they were nowhere close to how they are viewed now. They weren't the unstoppable juggernaut. And now they have created arguably the greatest dynasty seen in just under 10 years. And so signs of slowing down. This might be the most dominant team I've ever seen. They beat all 12 opponents by 20 or more. Unreal.

3 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

I think they were straight up gassed. Aggy had run over 100 plays by the end

I didn't turn the game on until about 6min to go in regulation so I didn't see how this unfolded leading up to the end. 100 plays is a lot for regulation. 

Edited by Vic Mackey

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Probably deserves its own thread but I'd love to see the process of how Bama got to this point. Was Saban that good? When I was growing up, Alabama wasn't shit. Hell they were never really relevant until the end of the 2000s. Even in 2009 when we lost to them, they were nowhere close to how they are viewed now. They weren't the unstoppable juggernaut. And now they have created arguably the greatest dynasty seen in just under 10 years. And so signs of slowing down. This might be the most dominant team I've ever seen. They beat all 12 opponents by 20 or more. Unreal.

He's a great coach, a ruthless CEO, and Alabama has been one of the dirtiest recruiting programs in college football since he was hired.

Also, full administrative backing.

Edited by Machinator

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Oh, I agree.  Aranda definitely did not earn his pay last night. 

so in all the hullabaloo about this being TEH GREATEST GAME EVAR I have to ask, does anyone remember the last time there was a seven-overtime SEC game? anyone remember who the two teams were?
cause I had to look it up

Tennessee/Arkansas, right? Or Ole Miss. I remember watching that game.

According to the graphic last night, there were 4 7OT games before that one. 01 Ark/tenn and 03 ark/ole miss.

So were the refs and the officials in the replay booth really as careless or incompetent as it appeared they may be? Or was the fix in?

Maybe, as Tim Brando said, nobody gives a fuck.

Tim Brando: I’ve now seen replays of the key moments in tonight’s Texas A&M/LSU game. The most objective fans with zero dogs in the hunt could only conclude LSU had this game ripped from them not once, not twice but 3 times. Sadly, since it’s not part of the “Who’s in Debate?” No one cares!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Treefidy said:

Aren't the refs supposed to keep time separate from the game clock?  The clock work in the last dozen seconds was all aggy, 3 plays in a row.  

No, the rule is that the clock in the stadium is the official clock unless there is a malfunction, then the refs on the field keep it themselves. 

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

He's a great coach, a ruthless CEO, and Alabama has been one of the dirtiest recruiting programs in college football since he was hired.

Also, full administrative backing.

You left off the most important component. Their influences are unchallenged in how the conference makes decisions.

One need look no farther then Bryant’s son single handily screwing over UAB football for his own personal reasons. Had it not been for the public outcry from his petty attack. They still wouldn’t be playing football at UAB. 

51 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

What fucking rankings are they using for that blind resume?

Oklahoma State would score at will on aggy, Iowa State would beat them as well. West Virginia and OU would lay 70 on them in regulation.

ESPN showing aggy and Okie state in new bowl projections.  This would be joyous

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
6 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:
SEC has to let them play somebody. How many teams are there that can’t throw a forward pass and aren’t in the SEC?

One of the military schools? Ga Tech?

Ooooh I would love to see gay Army try and handle Army.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TexasMan said:

"""""blind resume""""

Screen-Shot-2018-11-25-at-5-09-06-PM.png

Team A beat #12 (thank the refs on your way out) and anyone who has seen them play can comfortably say that ranking is generous. #16. Talking about overrated?  That's it.  There's no #25.  They also beat a terrible 2-9 FCS team, 2 G5s, 6-5 sCar, 5-7 klan, and 2-10 pig   

Team B beat #5 and #24.  After that it s 1 G5, 6-6, 6-6, 6-6, 5-7, 5-7, 3-9.  

Team A is 5-4 against P5

Team B is 8-3 against P5

thats why B is #9 and A is 20something

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Team A beat #12 (thank the refs on your way out) and anyone who has seen them play can comfortably say that ranking is generous. #16. Talking about overrated?  That's it.  There's no #25.  They also beat a terrible 2-9 FCS team, 2 G5s, 6-5 sCar, 5-7 klan, and 2-10 pig   

Team A is 5-4 against P5

Team B is 8-3 against P5

The 5-4 vs 8-3 is the only thing that matters to me and the thing that pisses me ft the most about the SEC.  Buying 3 wins every year is complete bullshit.  We could easily be 10-2 and still in playoff consideration if we had scheduled Lamar or Texas State. 

Just curious, anyone know the last time we played an FCS team?   I can't think of one

2 minutes ago, jinx said:

The 5-4 vs 8-3 is the only thing that matters to me and the thing that pisses me ft the most about the SEC.  Buying 3 wins every year is complete bullshit.  We could easily be 10-2 and still in playoff consideration if we had scheduled Lamar or Texas State. 

Just curious, anyone know the last time we played an FCS team?   I can't think of one

Sam Houston State in 2006 I think 

2 minutes ago, jinx said:

Sam Houston State in 2006

Is there any difference between the SEC Network and the Longhorn Network? Aggy always loves to give us shit about our annual game every year being on the LHN. Yet arguably their most important game of the season was on a more obscure channel like the LHN is. Both are in the 400s on my Dish Network. Neither I consider a primetime channel. That would be like having our Texas/OU game on the LHN. 

And I have zero doubt if Texas or Big 12 game was like the one yesterday, they'd tell us how we play no defense, yada yada yada.

Best game ever I'm hearing from Collie Station crowd? Lmao. The game was ho hum in regulation and absolutely nothing was on the line except next in line to being Bama's bitch in the West. 

• Like 1

In the off season there will be public polls about the best college game of the last 20 years as well as various sports outlets doing their own rankings. It will be hilarious when the public polls show A&M-LSU 2018 as the greatest game ever but it's not even mentioned in the articles by sports pundits.

51 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Team A is 5-4 against P5

Team B is 8-3 against P5

Yeah, no idea where they pulled out a fictitious win against #25 and how they missed us beating #24, other than the fact that they love trying to make themselves look better and all the sheep eat it up without checking if it's factual.

Edited by OU Sucks