• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

aggy will never get it, their overwhelming need for any kind of acknowledgement prevents even semi-intelligent understanding.  

Using SoS to validate their season, or any season for that matter is aggy to the core.  The failure to understand that when they play the SoS game in a vacuum, the higher your SoS, the shittier your team.  They may not be highly ranked, though they sure are highly regarded.  

3 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

aggy will never get it, their overwhelming need for any kind of acknowledgement prevents even semi-intelligent understanding.  

Using SoS to validate their season, or any season for that matter is aggy to the core.  The failure to understand that when they play the SoS game in a vacuum, the higher your SoS, the shittier your team.  They may not be highly ranked, though they sure are highly regarded.  

Some stupid aggy is gonna read this then run tell his buddy Cletus that them is highly regarded on the compooter world

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Sometimes I have to remind myself how incredibly stupid the whole thing is.

A team that never won leaves a conference for a (perceived) more difficult conference and still continues its non-winning tradition YET brags because they believe they are getting beaten by better teams.

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

A team that never won leaves a conference for a (perceived) more difficult conference and still continues its non-winning tradition YET brags because they believe they are getting beaten by better teams.

I'm convinced that aggy has your second sentence quoted on a sign above the entry to the tackle box that their players tap as they come out of the tunnel.

• Like 2

aggy are the masters of recreating narratives to explain why past performance doesn't explain how good they really are now. 

Didn't win under Fran, OK, but now we have Sherman so we're a totally different team and we're going to wreck shop in the big 12.

Ok, so Sherman was trash, you guys are lucky you got to play us under him because now we're in the sec with Johnny and sumlin, and we're going to wreck shop!  Sumlin could easily beat any team in the big 12. 

Well yeah we lost to Kansas state, but that was the old aggy under that loser sumlin.  Don't know if you've heard, but we got Jimbo now.  We would easily plow through the entire bdf now if they had to play us. 

This narrative will continue until they (hopefully) get matched up with a big 12 team in a bowl game and lose by >2 tds.  It may not be this year, but it will happen, and when it does they'll change something else to create an excuse for why they're better now than they were back then and how they'd kick our asses now if they only had the chance (ignoring that they'd have the chance to prove it yearly if they hadn't run away like a petulant child). 

The best part about their move for them is that they have been able to trash the big 12 without having to back it up.  Then they can do what they’ve always done and crow about sec teams beating big 12 teams and ignore big 12 teams beating sec teams. 

Same middling program, new ways to spin it to greatness. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

aggy are the masters of recreating narratives to explain why past performance doesn't explain how good they really are now. 

Didn't win under Fran, OK, but now we have Sherman so we're a totally different team and we're going to wreck shop in the big 12.

Ok, so Sherman was trash, you guys are lucky you got to play us under him because now we're in the sec with Johnny and sumlin, and we're going to wreck shop!  Sumlin could easily beat any team in the big 12. 

Well yeah we lost to Kansas state, but that was the old aggy under that loser sumlin.  Don't know if you've heard, but we got Jimbo now.  We would easily plow through the entire bdf now if they had to play us. 

This narrative will continue until they (hopefully) get matched up with a big 12 team in a bowl game and lose by >2 tds.  It may not be this year, but it will happen, and when it does they'll change something else to create an excuse for why they're better now than they were back then and how they'd kick our asses now if they only had the chance (ignoring that they'd have the chance to prove it yearly if they hadn't run away like a petulant child). 

I was with you until you get to the possibility of aggy not running their mouth. There is not a scenario that leads to this outcome 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Yup, just like Jimbo was the greatest hire ever. I kinda remember them saying the same thing when they hired away Fran from Alabama. Then it continued with them hiring an NFL coach. Greatest hires ever until they hire the next coach. 

8 minutes ago, texaslong said:

Yup, just like Jimbo was the greatest hire ever. I kinda remember them saying the same thing when they hired away Fran from Alabama. Then it continued with them hiring an NFL coach. Greatest hires ever until they hire the next coach. 

They've kind of backed themselves into a corner with fisher's contract.  If he fails, with what they owe him, continuing this trend will be tough and it is clearly their preferred m.o. to avoid ever having to admit they're just not very good.

My guess is they have pi's on Jimbo 24/7 to make sure if ever does anything to give them an out, they have it.  I'm not a betting man, but I would put substantial money on him not coaching there for the full contract duration and them not paying him all he's owed when he doesn't. 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh

Someone mentioned it a few days ago, but didn’t they go back and delete all of their threads badmouthing Jimbo while he was covering up rape and crab leg theft?

8 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

A team that never won leaves a conference for a (perceived) more difficult conference and still continues its non-winning tradition YET brags because they believe they are getting beaten by teams that are historically on par or worse than the teams that were beating them in the Big 12.

fify.

I want aggy in a bowl so bad. Gundy will go no lube on jimby. I can hear the excuses already. “We were their SEC super bowl!” “We were disappointed by missing the playoff (best 5 loss team evar!)” Lol, fuck you. Never forget, we are 4-0 against you before you tucked tail and fled the competition. Gonna make it 5-0.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I want aggy in a bowl so bad. Gundy will go no lube on jimby. I can hear the excuses already. “We were their SEC super bowl!” “We were disappointed by missing the playoff (best 5 loss team evar!)” Lol, fuck you. Never forget, we are 4-0 against you before you tucked tail and fled the competition. Gonna make it 5-0.

Can I make a tshirt that just says Mullets vs Cucks?

• Like 1