Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Since joining the SEC in 2012, Texas A&M has amassed 50 wins over FBS teams, and the 7 year period ranks among the greatest periods in the history of aggy football

During the same 7 years, which includes the single worst period in UT football history, Texas has 49 FBS wins.

The entirety of aggy "greatness" has been built on a bunch of FCS wins, and cupcake wins over AAC-caliber teams such as UAB, a school with a $13 million athletics budget for all sports.

• Like 2

• Replies 72.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

11 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Since joining the SEC in 2012, Texas A&M has amassed 50 wins over FBS teams, and the 7 year period ranks among the greatest periods in the history of aggy football

During the same 7 years, which includes the single worst period in UT football history, Texas has 49 FBS wins.

The entirety of aggy "greatness" has been built on a bunch of FCS wins, and cupcake wins over AAC-caliber teams such as UAB, a school with a $13 million athletics budget for all sports.

UCF, healthy Houston, Temple, healthy USF, Memphis, Cincinnati would all give aggy all they wanted.

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Also, over the last 20 years (1998 to present, with this season's results pending), Texas A&M has had 2 seasons of 10 or more wins. Texas has had 9. During that same period, A&M has ended the season ranked 5 times to UT's 13. A&M's highest AP poll ranking during that time was 5 (twice), and Texas has been ranked 5 or higher during the season on 11 separate occasions, being ranked 1 twice (2005 and 2008).

Happened across the following on Volnation per the question, "Is there anything to look forward to..."

Sadly none of it has to do with the Vols. I appreciate some of the players efforts, but comparing where the team is now to where it was at the end of last season, there was very little progress. Don't know what the plenty is you are looking forward to, but at least we don't have the Texas A&M yell leaders yet. Feel free to add to that positive.

6 hours ago, texaslong said:

Yup, just like Jimbo was the greatest hire ever. I kinda remember them saying the same thing when they hired away Fran from Alabama. Then it continued with them hiring an NFL coach. Greatest hires ever until they hire the next coach. 

Ahh, Coach Fran. 

I am reminded of the radio ad back when they hired him of honking cars in a traffic jam suddenly breaking into the Saw 'Em Off Coney Island Baby song. 

"Buy your season tickets today because the ags are gonna be FRAN-TASTIC!"

Just now, Treefidy said:

Aren't the refs supposed to keep time separate from the game clock?  The clock work in the last dozen seconds was all aggy, 3 plays in a row.  

There was one play where aggy snapped immediately after the ball was whistled ready for play.  I've never seen that.  They didn't lose a second between officials signaling the ball was ready and when aggy was all set to snap.  Isn't that convenient. 

I think the SEC is protecting their brand, LSU might fall 2 spots but I guarantee they stay top 10, meanwhile aggy will be moved up into the top 15.  SEC will have half the top 15 and perpetuate the myth of the greatest conference on the planet by a landslide, they needed to bolster someone since barn is down, and this gave them the best opportunity for net gain. 

So we also know they control bowl placement outside the playoffs, so aggy will not have to face a passing team in whatever bowl they end up in, it will be a 3 yard and a cloud of dust opponent. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

I think the SEC is protecting their brand, LSU might fall 2 spots but I guarantee they stay top 10, meanwhile aggy will be moved up into the top 15.  SEC will have half the top 15 and perpetuate the myth of the greatest conference on the planet by a landslide, they needed to bolster someone since barn is down, and this gave them the best opportunity for net gain. 

So we also know they control bowl placement outside the playoffs, so aggy will not have to face a passing team in whatever bowl they end up in, it will be a 3 yard and a cloud of dust opponent. 

So then does Georgia get the calls next week? We all know Alabama has their own rules. They will still go the playoffs no matter if they win or lose next week. Georgia winning would definitely have them in there was well. And 2 years in a row of 2 SEC teams in the playoffs. I was thinking about this last week. Would there be any collusion to have Georgia win that game?

13 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

There was one play where aggy snapped immediately after the ball was whistled ready for play.  I've never seen that.  They didn't lose a second between officials signaling the ball was ready and when aggy was all set to snap.  Isn't that convenient. 

I believe that's the second to last pass play before time should have expired.  20 yard pass play over the middle, move chains, reset ball, hike and spike.  All in just 5 seconds of game clock.  

• Like 2

LSU definitely got fucked by the refs on some calls but holy shit that was inexcusable defense on that game trying drive in regulation. They allowed Aggy WRs to run free the whole way down the field.

Another pathetic thing about it was in the 2nd or 3rd OT, Aggy settled for a FG first. Then LSU gets down to the Aggy 8 with a 1st down. Then what do they do? 2 straight QB limpdick runs and a one route pass that the limpdick QB ended up running again for minimal game. Why the fuck did they go into a shell with only 8 yards from the win? They scored every single time when they actually tried. But they didn't there.

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

LSU definitely got fucked by the refs on some calls but holy shit that was inexcusable defense on that game trying drive in regulation. They allowed Aggy WRs to run free the whole way down the field.

Another pathetic thing about it was in the 2nd or 3rd OT, Aggy settled for a FG first. Then LSU gets down to the Aggy 8 with a 1st down. Then what do they do? 2 straight QB limpdick runs and a one route pass that the limpdick QB ended up running again for minimal game. Why the fuck did they go into a shell with only 8 yards from the win? They scored every single time when they actually tried. But they didn't there.

After the win that wasn't, they were never the same.  I don't know if they just knew they were fucked, but especially after that they never played the same. 

2 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

so in all the hullabaloo about this being TEH GREATEST GAME EVAR I have to ask, does anyone remember the last time there was a seven-overtime SEC game? anyone remember who the two teams were?

cause I had to look it up

Tennessee/Arkansas, right? Or Ole Miss. I remember watching that game.

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So then does Georgia get the calls next week? We all know Alabama has their own rules. They will still go the playoffs no matter if they win or lose next week. Georgia winning would definitely have them in there was well. And 2 years in a row of 2 SEC teams in the playoffs. I was thinking about this last week. Would there be any collusion to have Georgia win that game?

Possibly.  Give fans hope that Bama is beatable (by one of their own of course) even though they have basically recruited over every team going on a decade.  You can crown Bama every year as long as other teams think they have a shot, UGA recruiting over Bama last year is exhibit A.    

Truly, with their overall talent advantage and great coaching, no one SHOULD beat Bama, though it's football so it can happen.  If you think this team looks good, wait for next year-- look at the roster, it's soph/jr heavy, they have like 3 seniors on their 2 deep