• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

37 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Army is having their best season in 20 years. Let the real Army play the fake one. Who cares about the score. The sidelines antics would be priceless.

Holy Graf Zeppelin Batman!

My god, that is full of stars.  No way the sec would allow it.  But it would be glorious.

25 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Whoop!!!

Wait, are we just ranking teams by the record of their opponents regardless of how those teams performed against those opponents? 

So you get credit for playing undefeated Bama, even if you lose by three tds? 

They do realize that it's not hard to "play" teams with good records, right?  If UNT had scheduled Bama this year, they'd be higher in this list, but would they be any better bc they played in that game? 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Just like they rolled through the B12 winning titles and championships against inferior opponents.  

This.  This is what kills me.  

They were a mid-level team AT BEST in the Big 12.  They didn't win the conference since 1998.

They were 15-30 against OU, Texas, and Tech, and they lost their share against Oklahoma State, and near the end, also Baylor.  They were a .500 team against the league as a whole.  They could almost never fight their way out of their own division.    

They won like one fucking bowl game - galleryfurniturebowl - over about a twenty year stretch.  

Did I already mention that they didn't win the league since the Clinton administration?

It boggles the fucking mind -- how unanimously and deeply they believe that they've magically surpassed the league that mostly whipped their ass right up until the day they left.  

30 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Conveniently forgetting that there are 4-8 additional losses missing from aggy's ledger since their conference foes play one less conference game than the Big 12.

and omitting that neither Miss State nor Auburn would have beaten Texas. ...they lucked out and padded their stats by playing aggy.  thus somehow making aggy look better. 

Besides the hilarity of the contrast surrounding actual military academy cadets running into the dorks at the core at aggy...the next best part of a match up with Army in a bowl would be them trying to explain the season long "any team from a conference with teams that struggle with Army........." narrative that has somehow kept them warm this football season.  

45 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Conveniently forgetting that there are 4-8 additional losses missing from aggy's ledger since their conference foes play one less conference game than the Big 12.

Also, the logic in this is just stupid. If you’re playing the same teams every year and winning, then your opponents should have more losses because you’re beating them. It’s just an indictment of how much they suck.

That UAB game for them was kind of like our game with Tulsa.  UAB missed three field goals and aggy had a TD on special teams.  The final was 41 to 20, but with a better kicker UAB should have kept it close.  Refs called a pretty fair game, but aggy did get a bogus call on a UAB PI that kept an early aggy scoring drive alive.   

Edited by lemonandaturd

24 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Dsd4CoXVsAE5EZW.jpgDsd4DGyVYAEt5zo.jpgDsd4Dr4UcAAm8_V.jpg

Did that slimy assed, shit eating, goat fucking asswipe Snicklepox really intentionally misspell the name of the greatest state in the world?  Does he misspell it when he refers to the name of his cult school?  Motherfucker cannot be a Texan.  He must be an arkie, or okie.

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Wonder what would kill dumbo the worst?  Losing a bowl game to Army?  Or having Tceh, Washington St or someone similar hang 80 on them?

That's only because they really didn't want to be in that Bowl Game, and could really get the motiviation to play some scrub PAC 12 or BDF Conference team.

Just like every SEC team that loses will only lose because they're disappointed and the only that really matters is what Bama does you stupid sip.

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

That's only because they really didn't want to be in that Bowl Game, and could really get the motiviation to play some scrub PAC 12 or BDF Conference team.

Just like every SEC team that loses will only lose because they're disappointed and the only that really matters is what Bama does you stupid sip.

Damn, guilty as charged, Me so dumm.

I forgeted agin.

• Like 1

SEC is going to have a huge problem trying to get their middling teams in favorable bowl matchups.  Will aggy get the most favorable treatment?  Probably not.  The old school SEC will get taken care of first and aggy will get either Iowa State, Tech or Okie lite in the Texas Bowl.   I would love to see Matt Campbell hang 50 on their no account asses.  

4 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

SEC is going to have a huge problem trying to get their middling teams in favorable bowl matchups.  Will aggy get the most favorable treatment?  Probably not.  The old school SEC will get taken care of first and aggy will get either Iowa State, Tech or Okie lite in the Texas Bowl.   I would love to see Matt Campbell hang 50 on their no account asses.  

I agree. I brought this up a few weeks ago.

Eventually, the SEC brass is going to quit spending so much time and effort to not only find a favorable match up, but also one that is not a former Big 12 foe,  and they'll just just drop them where they should go and tell them to deal with it.

2 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

They were given a B12 “gimme” a couple years ago with KState and we all know how that turned out. 

Fuck man, sweet avatar. I almost forget about that guy then I drive past that goofy town when leaving dallas and have a chuckle. What a Legend.

3 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

You know Billy could've just typed UAB, but he wanted to enjoy the ten second pause he took before adding "-Birmingham" to this headline. 

Screenshot-20181120-121953-Chrome.jpg

Billy boy had to make the title sound like Jimbo got a signature win and aggy can say something along the lines of, “yeah corch Jumbo beat the University of Alabama..... at Birmingham.”

15 minutes ago, po elvis said:

actually i think its proof that aggy is punting a lot further away from the opponent's endzone than anyone else.

There’s truth to this. There’s a reason he’s well behind dicko’s inside the 20 mark from last season...he’s not in the same stratosphere. Of course aggy has no idea what actually matters, just see big numbers and think it’s the best.

Dicko - 42 (50%) inside the 20 on 84 punts. Only 8 touchbacks (9%). Net 44.2 on a 47.4 average.

aggy - 17 (40%) inside the 20 on 42 punts. 9 touchbacks (21%). Net 44 on a 50.9 average.

Our offense was so terrible last year, but dicko was other worldly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

This.  This is what kills me.  

They were a mid-level team AT BEST in the Big 12.  They didn't win the conference since 1998.

They were 15-30 against OU, Texas, and Tech, and they lost their share against Oklahoma State, and near the end, also Baylor.  They were a .500 team against the league as a whole.  They could almost never fight their way out of their own division.    

They won like one fucking bowl game - galleryfurniturebowl - over about a twenty year stretch.  

Did I already mention that they didn't win the league since the Clinton administration?

It boggles the fucking mind -- how unanimously and deeply they believe that they've magically surpassed the league that mostly whipped their ass right up until the day they left.  

over the small sample size of roughly 100 seasons in 3 different conferences, aggy is always aggy...53% conference winning percentage, the very definition of mediocrity 

13 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

That seems poor considering the benefit of hand picking your opponents 

SEC was way too good for those games. Those opponents were lucky they even showed up to grace them with their presence. When the SEC loses, it was because they were not interested and had no desire to play.

• Like 1