Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

https://www.texasmonthly.com/being-texan/the-texanist-mother-unhappy-non-texan-girlfriend/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Web Social&utm_content=texanist

I’m a senior at Texas A&M and I am happy to report that I have a girlfriend. She’s also a senior and we’ll both graduate this spring, at which time we’ll hopefully each have a job in our respective fields in Houston. The problem is, she’s from Wisconsin and my mom, a rabidly native Texan, sensing that things are progressing, has begun to put out subtle signals that she’d rather I marry a girl from Texas. In fact, she actually said this directly to me the last time I saw her. I thought she was joking at first, but she’s serious. This is crazy, right? How do I convince my mom that her feelings toward my Wisconsin girlfriend are wrong and that she ought to just be happy for us?
Name Withheld, College Station
A: It warms the cockles of the Texanist’s hardened old heart to hear about a budding love between two young Aggies. Congratulations to you both. It’s great to know, despite all the hurly-burly out there today, what with the political pandemonium, the climate crisis, and the general prickliness, that romance perseveres. And between two Aggies no less.
You know, time was, such amorousness amongst Ags was more of a challenge than it is today. Although Texas A&M University opened its doors as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas way back in in 1876, it didn’t begin enrolling women on an equal basis until nearly a hundred years later, in 1971. On a straight sexism level, the foolishness of this type of exclusion is, of course, well documented.
Wisconsin has sheep!?!?

• Replies 72.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

We don't throw? We have a 1,000-yard receiver and another that could easily get to 900 or more before season's end.

I love how they'd run through any Big 12 team "like crap through a goose" yet none of them want to get matched up against one of them in the bowl game.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

We don't throw? We have a 1,000-yard receiver and another that could easily get to 900 or more before season's end.

I love how they'd run through any Big 12 team "like crap through a goose" yet none of them want to get matched up against one of them in the bowl game.

"I would kick that guys ass, but don't want to fight him because it's a lose, lose for me."

- Guys who would not, in fact, kick that guys ass

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I love the logic that their offense would run “like crap through a goose” AND that they would possibly have 50 minutes TOP.  They must think that the BDF plays “make it take it” rules now.  

34 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Dsc_Z_1V4AAHViv.jpgDsc_alDV4AAmXBo.jpg

I don't get this at all. Herman never said a thing about the "Horns Down" that was entirely between Dana and the Refs. Nobody ever called A&M "cockroaches" as that only ever applied to TCU and that term comes from DKR not Britt Hager. And why the Big 12 forcing Hager to do that stupid apology means we need to start using tampons I have no idea.

But that is how most A&M trash talk goes...it confuses more than enrages.

• Like 1

Think I'll just drop this fraud piece right here........

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article221894080.html

Year No. 1 of the Great Jimbo Cash Grab has been a bust, because it has exposed Jimbo Fisher as another coach who looks great when he has an NFL quarterback to tear it up.

It was nearly one year ago when Texas A&M buried Jimbo Fisher in so much money it offended the Ohio State athletic director even though OSU pays Urban Meyer even more than Jimbo.

One year later it’s apparent the only way this expensive experiment is going to work out the way the Aggies want is Jimbo finding his big-money, NFL bound quarterback.

Current Aggies quarterback Kellen Mond is a nice college player who may be high-end college passer when he’s a senior. Maybe.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article221894080.html#storylink=cpy

26 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I don't get this at all. Herman never said a thing about the "Horns Down" that was entirely between Dana and the Refs. Nobody ever called A&M "cockroaches" as that only ever applied to TCU and that term comes from DKR not Britt Hager. And why the Big 12 forcing Hager to do that stupid apology means we need to start using tampons I have no idea.

John Hagy, not Britt Hager, referred to aggy as cockroaches that only come out after a win or something like that back in the late 80's.

39 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Herman did say after the WVU game that the WR that threw the "horns down" on his way into the endzone should've had a penalty called and nullify the score, though. Still stupid. Again, it took the conference a year-plus to "slap" Baylor on the wrist and within days Hager is forced to issue a really, really stupid public apology. Just dumb.

35 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Gundy lets his nuts hang in mid level bowl games. We’d fuck them up, and would take their women, but we don’t fuck sheep.

That's where you have to be very careful.  With some of them, there's not much difference between their women and their livestock.

I think he's saying that in any other circumstances, they'd take the women of their foe, but in the case of A&M, they'd give that part a miss, since their "women" ARE the sheep.

Was that right, 'stache?

Anyway, I'd like the chances of pretty much any B12 team not named Kansas or Baylor, against A&M.  

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:
Those Texags posts make me realize my aggy friends aren’t nearly as embarrassed as they should be.  I’d sell that ring and hide the diploma if that was my peer group.  Has to be trolls? 

Trolls? You underestimate how delusional Aggy is and their inferiority complex to their Big Brother.

Is it really an inferiority complex when they truly are inferior?  Or is it something else, like an inferiority recognition maybe?

Maybe it is the correct term.  Just wondering.

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
10 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:
Those Texags posts make me realize my aggy friends aren’t nearly as embarrassed as they should be.  I’d sell that ring and hide the diploma if that was my peer group.  Has to be trolls? 

Trolls? You underestimate how delusional Aggy is and their inferiority complex to their Big Brother.

No, the responses just seem more outlandish and idiotic as time goes on. Maybe the ~75% acceptance rate coming to roost. 

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

No, the responses just seem more outlandish and idiotic as time goes on. Maybe the ~75% acceptance rate coming to roost. 

I think some of those dunderheads really, really thought there was the slightest chance Jimbo would be able to sprinkle pixie-dust on the grass at Kyle Field and have them contending for the national title this year.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I think some of those dunderheads really, really thought there was the slightest chance Jimbo would be able to sprinkle pixie-dust on the grass at Kyle Field and have them contending for the national title this year.

There’s some of that. Things I notice are more the honest opinions that all B12 schools should be group of 5, their thought they’ll skull fuck OU, etc.  Oh another, every team they play has between 3-5 first rounders. The entire first round is going to be made up of players from the teams that stroked them this year.  They just seem generally ignorant wrt football, but have opinions to spare about any subject.  

Oh yeah, and they talk like Bama just barely slipped away this year. “Played them close” and “gave them all they want”.  Motherfucker, they pulled their first string in the 3rd, did you overlook that? 

13 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Funny you brought that up. We had an ongoing message strand and I mentioned this. But he claimed Mizzou is really a Big 12 team at heart. So then that would mean Aggy is, yeah? My head starts to hurt when I argue with Aggys and their logic.

Of course Mizzou is a B12 team.  They can actually win their division.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Just like they rolled through the B12 winning titles and championships against inferior opponents.  

19 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

There’s some of that. Things I notice are more the honest opinions that all B12 schools should be group of 5, their thought they’ll skull fuck OU, etc.  Oh another, every team they play has between 3-5 first rounders. The entire first round is going to be made up of players from the teams that stroked them this year.  They just seem generally ignorant wrt football, but have opinions to spare about any subject.  

Oh yeah, and they talk like Bama just barely slipped away this year. “Played them close” and “gave them all they want”.  Motherfucker, they pulled their first string in the 3rd, did you overlook that? 

Their fans left in the 3rd quarter. How would they know the starters were pulled?

• Like 4