2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

24 minutes ago, blacklab said:

any further discussion of bill obrien on this thread is getting rewarded with time off

I'm confused.  The past six weeks we've seen more off topic bs on the recruiting board than at any time since we  moved over from the old site, but discussing a coach on the coaching thread is penalty box worthy?

Edited by Sabalo
  • Fuck You 2

this thread is about texas coaching staff, what the fuck does BOB have to do with that?

there is one person who is trolling or a complete fucking idiot and I'm tired of it

I don't read every single thread on the board, if you feel a thread is off topic report it

if you'd like to continue the BOB discussion please feel free to start another thread

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, blacklab said:

this thread is about texas coaching staff, what the fuck does BOB have to do with that?

there is one person who is trolling or a complete fucking idiot and I'm tired of it

I don't read every single thread on the board, if you feel a thread is off topic report it

if you'd like to continue the BOB discussion please feel free to start another thread

I Humbly suggest that the quickest and easiest resolution would be just time out the poster(s) who think BoB is a good OC. Problem solved. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, blacklab said:

scarface-bad.gif

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I Humbly suggest that the quickest and easiest resolution would be just time out the poster(s) who think BoB is a good OC. Problem solved. 

This is an uncalled for jihad request. I’m actually really enjoying @WinningIsHard and his super informed contrarianism. I hope he keeps fighting, and hard. 

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, blacklab said:

Report it? Are we a bunch of 5 year olds? Relax

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, blacklab said:

What about breakfast on a bun?

• Drool 1

I’m going to preface my statement by saying I hate BOB with a passion for the constant pain he put me through as a Texans fan (yeah, I’m a glutton for punishment). 

The guy will be an NFL coach again soon. He won four division titles and two playoff games in 6+ seasons. That’s a better resume than most of the current NFL coaches. Most NFL teams are risk-averse (to their detriment) and are likelier to hire the known quantity than the unproven.

I could definitely see him as the new Jags head coach. I’m not saying he’s going to have success, just that he could land the job. 

Edited by blacklab
user taking day off
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

I’m going to preface my statement by saying I hate BOB with a passion for the constant pain he put me through as a Texans fan (yeah, I’m a glutton for punishment). 

The guy will be an NFL coach again soon. He won four division titles and two playoff games in 6+ seasons. That’s a better resume than most of the current NFL coaches. Most NFL teams are risk-averse (to their detriment) and are likelier to hire the known quantity than the unproven.

I could definitely see him as the new Jags head coach. I’m not saying he’s going to have success, just that he could land the job. 

image.gif.31c6c2945bb22e39b105ab53a5db1af2.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

b4061a2ec41d528569bebd871a567577.gif

3 hours ago, Yev Kassem said:

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

4 hours ago, Yev Kassem said:

61i0zc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

How often do teams make big announcements about non-coaching staff hires? 

Can't speak to specifics, but I do at least remember hearing things like "COACH X has officially joined Alabama as an analyst" and not just "oh, I saw Gary Patterson making copies so I guess he works here now."

16 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Question about analyst rules. They can't coach players in practice or during games, but they can be in the booth during games, right? 

Analysts can be on the field or the booth. They can’t “coach” a player directly, but can certainly still talk to them. They can be involved in time out huddles. And in the offices or building, they can watch film or talk football at all times with players. 

I suspect Bianco will release a three or four paragraph statement about noon or 1pm revealing GP has joined the staff, using the job title in the legally required posting, Special Assistant to the Head Coach. It will include a brief platitude from Sark about Patterson’s experience and competitiveness, a gushing quote from Patterson about his respect for the program and Sarkisian’s brilliance, and a description of the role. I doubt there will be an on camera availability, unless the media can talk Bianco into it. TV people don’t come in before 1 (they work till 11) unless there’s a scheduled event, so a media scrum probably won’t happen before 2 or so, unless they’ve been tipped, and that hasn’t happened because we haven’t seen a tweet about one.

I'm not really that big on doing an announcement for this.  All it does is potentially diminish PK and unless we are going to fire him(yes we should have), I don't want that.

Just pay Patterson handsomely to fix it.  Will be interesting to get his take on our S&C.

Edited by dcar00

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm not really that big on doing an announcement for this.  All it does is potentially diminish PK and unless we are going to fire him(yes we should have) I don't want that.

Just pay Patterson handsomely to fix it.  Will be interesting to get his take on our S&C.

Maybe if PK didn’t coordinate a historical bad defense this wouldn’t diminish him. 

• Hook 'Em 4