2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm not really that big on doing an announcement for this.  All it does is potentially diminish PK and unless we are going to fire him(yes we should have), I don't want that.

Just pay Patterson handsomely to fix it.  Will be interesting to get his take on our S&C.

If we're hiring a hall of fame coach as an analyst, we should probably put that out there. 

3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

He's been in since late December, but they wanted to stagger the coaching hire announcements. Don't know why other than to troll you fuckheads.

my guess is they didn't want a bunch of questions about PK status on the trail and at other Sark pressers. 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

I hope they don’t release anything, Sark gives Chip Brown the finger when asked during his next press conference and they let people continue to piss themselves thinking nothing is changing then BAM….Day 1 of spring ball Gary tweets out a single hook ‘em emoji.

I hope they don't announce it ever even though Patterson is clearly at Texas. Like totally deny that it's Gary Patterson.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

They can’t legally. The Bama analysts are caught on camera doing it all the time. 

Yeah, Analysts pretty much can do whatever Saban wants at Bama.  Not sure how Saban gets away with all the shady shit that goes on at the Bama program... 

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

About GP.

image.thumb.png.5f1b174fcc8792a1a5bf094c1a759ac4.png

I think the guy below works in the AD.

image.thumb.png.482d7f5acb59d3b1d06df478ba910399.png

Laundry Guy is literally a laundry guy for the team (supposedly). He posted a bunch of facility interior pics before they were public so seems legit. I also haven't seen him try to break any other "inside news" like typical trolls would.

Funny because of course the other posters are asking how many new staff members he'll need for GP's towels lol

• Haha 2

Idk if schools would typically do an official formal announcement for a hire like GP, but they would typically let the press know and have it reported more openly. Maybe they're just waiting for a better PR time. Agree that they should be getting that news out.

18 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, Analysts pretty much can do whatever Saban wants at Bama.  Not sure how Saban gets away with all the shady shit that goes on at the Bama program... 

Have you met the NCAA? Pretty sure analyst duties are way down the list of issues for them to (not) deal with

21 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

image.png.484513c96275be7bc46082944b20b655.png

Bama AD: There is nothing to see here.

SEC: But we have vid...

Bama AD: I said there is nothing to see here. Maybe it was Tennessee, you're thinking about. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Davis Lane said:

In regards to GP, sometimes I get the impression this might happen.

9R4xFF.gif

Didn't Sark say something akin to "we need to figure out if we wanted him?" I had always imagined it was difficult to swallow our pride and acknowledge that we needed his help . Something like this

AromaticHappygoluckyBadger-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Don't worry, some other school will feel the wrath of the NCAA for Bama's shenanigans.

NCAA does not fuck around when it comes to laying down the law....upon the smaller institutions.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

I suspect Bianco will release a three or four paragraph statement about noon or 1pm revealing GP has joined the staff, using the job title in the legally required posting, Special Assistant to the Head Coach. It will include a brief platitude from Sark about Patterson’s experience and competitiveness, a gushing quote from Patterson about his respect for the program and Sarkisian’s brilliance, and a description of the role. I doubt there will be an on camera availability, unless the media can talk Bianco into it. TV people don’t come in before 1 (they work till 11) unless there’s a scheduled event, so a media scrum probably won’t happen before 2 or so, unless they’ve been tipped, and that hasn’t happened because we haven’t seen a tweet about one.

(Bianco currently copying and pasting this post)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Analysts can be on the field or the booth. They can’t “coach” a player directly, but can certainly still talk to them. They can be involved in time out huddles. And in the offices or building, they can watch film or talk football at all times with players. 

Gary Patterson on the sideline next year  in huddle, rubbing his belly while staring at the sky..

"So if I were an LB, not that I am, on this next play I would fake a red dog and cover the flare. I'm not a coach and I am specifically not acting like one, just so everyone is aware.."

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Gary Patterson on the sideline next year  in huddle, rubbing his belly while staring at the sky..

"So if I were an LB, not that I am, on this next play I would fake a red dog and cover the flare. I'm not a coach and I am specifically not acting like one, just so everyone is aware.."

Curious to see what GP's gameday role will be. Does he take Gideon's spot in the booth next to PK, does he stand on the sideline, or neither? 

2 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Analysts can be on the field or the booth. They can’t “coach” a player directly, but can certainly still talk to them. They can be involved in time out huddles. And in the offices or building, they can watch film or talk football at all times with players. 

Analysts can't watch film with players only.  They can't even be present at voluntary practices, workouts, or study.  They can generate film for players to study, but the analysts and players can only watch film together in team film sessions, and analysts cannot provide sport instruction during this time nor ever.

The rules aren't very bright line and often don't make sense.

25 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Analysts can't watch film with players only.  They can't even be present at voluntary practices, workouts, or study.  They can generate film for players to study, but the analysts and players can only watch film together in team film sessions, and analysts cannot provide sport instruction during this time nor ever.

so could they just add a voice over to the film and let the player watch it by himself?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

It’s akin to them not being able to “coach” from the sideline, but give broad “encouragement” haha. 

On 1/14/2022 at 3:34 PM, NoName said:

he is so good he lasted literally 1 season at both jobs!

Saban is processing him and the play calling is literally why they lost two games this year, with a better OC they win both games.

Not really. Losing their 2 best WRs and CBs cost them the Georgia game. Hell, if Williams had not blown out his knee, Bama likely wins that game. The passing game came to a complete shit show after that injury. It took Georgia a HT to adjust, and the run game was non-existent as well. I can see why Saban will probably look to bring in another couple of WR transfers because as talented as the kids are on campus they weren't very good when they needed to step up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JBJ said:

Or what?  The NCAA is gonna enforce rules now?  What the fuck ever.  I would call GP an “analyst” then put him on the sideline and let him act as a coordinator.     And if the NCAA says something I would tell them to fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

Curious to see what GP's gameday role will be. Does he take Gideon's spot in the booth next to PK, does he stand on the sideline, or neither? 

Coach’s coach right?

He’ll be like Stalin, a general secretary that sets the table. Telling the coaches what they need to emphasize and when. What they need to do with their plays, what they aren’t doing well, which players form the depth chart.

The man behind the man. Until he puts an ice pick through pk head while he’s on vacation in Mexico.

10 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Not really. Losing their 2 best WRs and CBs cost them the Georgia game. Hell, if Williams had not blown out his knee, Bama likely wins that game. The passing game came to a complete shit show after that injury. It took Georgia a HT to adjust, and the run game was non-existent as well. I can see why Saban will probably look to bring in another couple of WR transfers because as talented as the kids are on campus they weren't very good when they needed to step up.

They also won close games vs Auburn, Arkansas, LSU, and Florida, and really should have lost the Auburn game at the very least. This was the worst Bama team in awhile, and the coordinators were a reason for that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1