2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

23 minutes ago, Constant said:

It’s a copycat league. OU did the letters too. 

my issue is the Texas setup lights looked like what you would see at a high school prom in a barn

these look custom/purchased for the specific look and reason.

the fact that Texas HAD NO FACILITY TO TAKE PHOTOS should have been a red flag so fucking large that even Steve Patterson could have seen it and fixed it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

my issue is the Texas setup lights looked like what you would see at a high school prom in a barn

the fact that Texas HAD NO FACILITY TO TAKE PHOTOS should have been a red flag so fucking large that even Steve Patterson could have seen it and fixed it.

They were rebuilding the SEZ at the time. They have one now.

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

You do realize that there was a $200 million project, that wasn't quite finished in time for lots of last year's photo shoots, right? 

Edited by Hornlover

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

17 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

You do realize that there was a $200 million project, that wasn't quite finished in time for lots of last year's photo shoots, right? 

yes, i am quite aware. my point was more why did the place they ended up shooting in look that rough - did they have an actual "home", no but could they have had a better location? sure seems that way?

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

17 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

If we would have had the proper photoshoot setup we would have for sure signed a top 3 class!!!!!

This is all true. Having said that, does anyone here think that Saban and more to the point his support staff would've had some shit that looked like it was from San Saba's Prom for their recruiting purposes? The transitive state of the end zone project should be irrelevant to the discussion because the support staff should be held to a championship level - no different than the coaching staff. Was it a big deal in the whole scheme of things? No, it's just some photo bullshit - but the precedent of "good enough" within the program is not acceptable, imo. 

It's a nonsense "problem" but this is how large orgs fail -- it's attestation of mediocrity. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

yes, i am quite aware. my point was more why did the place they ended up shooting in look that rough - did they have an actual "home", no but could they have had a better location? sure seems that way?

Matt Lange is about to drop in here and scorch your ass. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

This is all true. Having said that, does anyone here think that Saban and more to the point his support staff would've had some shit that looked like it was from San Saba's Prom for their recruiting purposes? The transitive state of the end zone project should be irrelevant to the discussion because the support staff should be held to a championship level - no different than the coaching staff. Was it a big deal in the whole scheme of things? No, it's just some photo bullshit - but the precedent of "good enough" within the program is not acceptable, imo. 

It's a nonsense "problem" but this is how large orgs fail -- it's attestation of mediocrity. 

tenor-83833522.gif.45ef0a20bff2d56bf1e5e62db5065d86.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

I'm guessing that's it. Though the absurd ballon setup that we blamed on Taylor Searels has seemed to also have spread around CFB this year, including OU, so maybe that as well?

Ms. Searels revolutionized college football.

See the source image

Edited by Bevo14

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

My 6 year old and I listen to Taylor swift for 30 minutes every Friday morning in the school parking lot while she eats a donut. It’s her favorite thing in the world. 
I must confess, I actually kind of like shake it off.

I was listening to Katie Perry with my 4.5yo. The other morning. She was getting down and I thought it was cute so I sing along until “…skinny dipping in the dark….wait…menage a trois? FUCK. I don’t think I’ve ever actually listened to this song…” 

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Man you guys are really out of fucking touch. The balloon garlands, the lights, and the 360 video booths are whats in these days. You can find them at damn near every social event at this point.

Surly posters are going to sneak their daughters in to admire the setup. "She dug the cracker barrel vibe and I just went along with it!"

16 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

I was listening to Katie Perry with my 4.5yo. The other morning. She was getting down and I thought it was cute so I sing along until “…skinny dipping in the dark….wait…menage a trois? FUCK. I don’t think I’ve ever actually listened to this song…” 

They played that song at the Father/Daughter Girl Scouts dance one year. I hadn’t paid attention to lyrics either until then. 

• Haha 2