Cowboys @ Saints: TNF

Vic Mackey

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

Wow, that was pathetic tackling. 

I've seen a lot of that in recent weeks. The downside to this defense getting a reputation for ball-hawking and takeaways is that guys are going for strips or INT's when they just need to make tackles.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

And 3 games in 12 days in between.

its punishment for always being home on thanksgiving.

it was different when their weren't other thurs night games during the season.  now everyone gets the short week at some point.  the other teams started complaining because we used to have the short week for thanksgiving and also had home game the Sunday before.

Kellen's just looking like shit so he doesn't have to take a head coaching job.

Dak's waiting to peak at the right time.

Cooper avoided the vaccine so he could rest his hamstring.

McCarthy got COVID to build Dan Quinn's confidence like the Hoosiers coach getting kicked out on purpose to let the drunk assistant find his groove.

Parsons and Diggs are gonna force the first shared DPOY.

All coming together.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

It has happened before. I think in the last 5 years actually so it may be kinda common. Probably makes for a better game the second time.

Yes, I recall this happening before with Cowboys playing Eagles or Giants but stilll don’t get it.  Seems like it can unfairly tilt the divisional winner outcome if one team should lose key player to injury or Covid.  

6 minutes ago, Hate said:

The scheduling was arranged that way on purpose to avoid meaningless late season games. They made that change several years ago.

Yup it's supposed to enhance the late season divisional races.  And it does.

Seems a bit more extreme this year, though. 

Yes, I recall this happening before with Cowboys playing Eagles or Giants but stilll don’t get it.  Seems like it can unfairly tilt the divisional winner outcome if one team should lose key player to injury or Covid.  

True on injury, but I don’t think you can miss 3 games for COVID can you? Not sure.