Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

1980s was when people first started hearing about anaphylactic reactions on a large scale. Naturally it caused a panic, and parents' knee-jerk response was to stop exposing their young kids to allergens out of worry, which backfired pretty spectacularly. Allergies were not well understood.

Current practice is to introduce kids to allergens at a younger age, instead of giving them an aseptic upbringing.

Makes total sense.   Kind of like the overuse of antibiotics. 

4 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

I just heard about this..

Good.

I'm all for teenage shenanigans, but knowingly doing that after the kid tells you it "could absolutely kill him" is beyond comprehension.

That's fucked up

if he was rubbing peanuts inside the kid’s uni, he needs to be criminally charged and have his ass kicked. 

hc should be fired is this was an on going issue as has been mentioned 

• Hook 'Em 8

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

WTF? Were the schools asking for this so they could cut back on the ever-escalating arms race of recruiting amenities? Because both the photo shoots and hotel swag seem like entirely harmless fun that recruits would enjoy and give them some tangible souvenirs of the process once it’s over. The NCAA just seems hell-bent on making itself as unlikeable as possible. 

• Hook 'Em 5

I’m not going to lie I’m impressed at the suffocation of this alleged assault.  Usually Sooners sucker punch girls or beat the shit out of teammates.  They are really thinking outside of the box of peanuts on this one.  Well done sooner. Well done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, stork642 said:

I’m not going to lie I’m impressed at the suffocation of this alleged assault.  Usually Sooners sucker punch girls or beat the shit out of teammates.  They are really thinking outside of the box of peanuts on this one.  Well done sooner. Well done. 

It's been pretty well known about out here for awhile.  Very surprised @billfromlaketravis didn't know about it.  Not surprised that LTISD did nothing about it. 

17 minutes ago, Moderator said:

It's been pretty well known about out here for awhile.  Very surprised @billfromlaketravis didn't know about it.  Not surprised that LTISD did nothing about it. 

The handle is misleading. Going on year 14 back in Houston. I still spend a fair amount of time up there in the summer, but I’m not watching practices or anything like that. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

WTF? Were the schools asking for this so they could cut back on the ever-escalating arms race of recruiting amenities? Because both the photo shoots and hotel swag seem like entirely harmless fun that recruits would enjoy and give them some tangible souvenirs of the process once it’s over. The NCAA just seems hell-bent on making itself as unlikeable as possible. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all if schools quietly asked the NCAA to reign in the photo shoots. Schools fucking hate them. Takes forever and all that time would be better spent getting to know the recruit and showing him around.

I'm with you on the cookie cakes, though. Don't see why anyone would give a fuck. Maybe some schools were decorating hotel rooms with hookers and blow.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

52 minutes ago, Moderator said:

It was a big thing this Fall I'll never forget Hank Carter giving a speech on TV after the playoff wins vs Vandergrift rallying his troops against the outside influences trying to bring his program down

• Rage+1 2

42 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if schools quietly asked the NCAA to reign in the photo shoots. Schools fucking hate them. Takes forever and all that time would be better spent getting to know the recruit and showing him around.

I'm with you on the cookie cakes, though. Don't see why anyone would give a fuck. Maybe some schools were decorating hotel rooms with hookers and blow.

Heard with the photo shoots that it isn't just a single player that just wants in. It could be an entire 7 on 7 team touring the area and all their families. It gets ridiculous. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

It was a big thing this Fall I'll never forget Hank Carter giving a speech on TV after the playoff wins vs Vandergrift rallying his troops against the outside influences trying to bring his program down

"Outside influences" meaning people that are disturbed by a star player bullying his teammate with a very dangerous prank and then receiving a slap on the wrist for it?

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Enjoyment of recruits and players is at the bottom of the list for the NCAA, but this is right in their wheelhouse. Making completely arbitrary rulings on random minutia is what the fat bureaucratic slop pigs want to wallow in all day every day. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Gerry has hinted that Texas wants more size at that position and isn't really pushing for him. This is Zac Swanson 2.0 as a frame. 

Floyd Guidry is the same size, maybe smaller, and it looks like we are going to take him.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This is 100% the schools asking the NCAA to ban the decorating and photo shoots. It’s a huge pain in the ass for the support staffs. 

Yea it’s been mentioned on Twitter that the schools themselves are the driving force behind this and not the NCAA. Apparently it has gotten so out of hand the schools were having to book hotel rooms an extra day before just to have everything decorated, an unnecessary expense and pain in the ass. 

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’d be interested to know the staff’s thinking around getting a QB with good mobility. They’ve not made it a priority to date but in college football that extra weapon can be important. 

Not a high priority outside of a guy can scramble alittle. 

Is Lacey not mobile? To be clear I’m asking because he’s black.
Sark's offense is designed to get the ball to people who are really good at moving it forward. As long as the QB is mobile enough to run for a first when everything is covered, it's all good. And that's exactly the forte of Quinn, Arch, Lacey and Owens. Turtle Tom is no longer influencing our offense.

14 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This is 100% the schools asking the NCAA to ban the decorating and photo shoots. It’s a huge pain in the ass for the support staffs. 

Exactly. For those of you painting the ncaa as the boogeyman, from where do you think it draws its meager authority?

Rickey Stewart CBed to Texas, by Jordan Scruggs.

image.thumb.png.ed76552b3a8a20b41cf7fc0427ee59d5.png

image.thumb.png.3cd1ce72af6cbec819b399e677760efc.png

FULL ARTICLE

Crystal Ballin': Entering in a prediction for one of Texas' top offensive targets in 2025

Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247)

Spoiler

Crystal Ballin': Entering in a prediction for one of Texas' top offensive targets in 2025

I’ve entered in a 247Sports Crystal Ball Prediction in favor of the Texas Longhorns to land Tyler Chapel Hill 2025 three-star running back Rickey Stewart.

Currently holding 21 offers, Stewart was a one-time SMU commit but his pledge to the Ponies didn’t last long. Stewart committed to SMU on June 11, 2023 before deciding to open it up on Jan. 31, 2024.

Timing with this recruitment is notable, as the Longhorns hosted Stewart on Jan. 20 for the Junior Day where he picked up his Texas offer just 11 days before announcing his decommitment from SMU.

Another factor in his decommitment was the absence of his primary recruiter at SMU in running backs coach Khenon Hall. Hall left University Park early into the offseason to take the same position along with the associate head coach title at Baylor. The move paid off for the Bears relatively quickly, as Baylor was able to flip Tyler Chapel Hill three-star ATH 2025 Demetrius Brisbon from his SMU pledge within weeks of Hall arriving in Waco. 

Back to Stewart. All the buzz has been about Texas since Stewart took in the Forty Acres on Jan. 20 for the Longhorns’ Junior Day. According to sources, Stewart grew up pulling for the Longhorns and dreaming of landing an offer from Texas and since he’s received the offer there hasn't been much of any talk about other programs. 

“It’s exciting,” Stewart said told Horns247 when he received the Texas offer on Jan 20. “It’s an experience I ain’t ever felt before. I was happy when I got the offer. Coach (Tashard) Choice and Coach Sark are two coaches that I’m going to build a better bond with, learn more about football (from).”

On the other end of it, Texas currently views Stewart as the No. 1 running back in the state for the 2025 class and history has shown that when Tashard Choice focuses on a guy, he very rarely tends to miss. 

With all the variables at play here I’m under the impression that timing won’t be as important when it comes to the decision itself. Some think an announcement would come after official visits have been taken, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Stewart pop sometime before that. 

While the visit hasn’t been fully finalized quite yet, Stewart is aiming to be in Austin on Apr. 20 for Texas’ annual Orange and White Spring game.

Stewart has been one of the most productive running backs in the nation after bursting onto the scene as a freshman in 2021. In three years of varsity play at the 4A-D1 level, Stewart has rushed for 6,098 yards and 64 touchdowns on 630 attempts (career avg. of 9.68 YPC) while also adding 400 receiving yards and 6 receiving touchdowns off of 28 catches (career avg. of 14.29 YPC).

• Hook 'Em 8

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

Rickey Stewart CBed to Texas, by Jordan Scruggs.

image.thumb.png.ed76552b3a8a20b41cf7fc0427ee59d5.png

image.thumb.png.3cd1ce72af6cbec819b399e677760efc.png

FULL ARTICLE

Hide contents

I’ve entered in a 247Sports Crystal Ball Prediction in favor of the Texas Longhorns to land Tyler Chapel Hill 2025 three-star running back Rickey Stewart.

Currently holding 21 offers, Stewart was a one-time SMU commit but his pledge to the Ponies didn’t last long. Stewart committed to SMU on June 11, 2023 before deciding to open it up on Jan. 31, 2024.

Timing with this recruitment is notable, as the Longhorns hosted Stewart on Jan. 20 for the Junior Day where he picked up his Texas offer just 11 days before announcing his decommitment from SMU.

Another factor in his decommitment was the absence of his primary recruiter at SMU in running backs coach Khenon Hall. Hall left University Park early into the offseason to take the same position along with the associate head coach title at Baylor. The move paid off for the Bears relatively quickly, as Baylor was able to flip Tyler Chapel Hill three-star ATH 2025 Demetrius Brisbon from his SMU pledge within weeks of Hall arriving in Waco. 

Back to Stewart. All the buzz has been about Texas since Stewart took in the Forty Acres on Jan. 20 for the Longhorns’ Junior Day. According to sources, Stewart grew up pulling for the Longhorns and dreaming of landing an offer from Texas and since he’s received the offer there hasn't been much of any talk about other programs. 

“It’s exciting,” Stewart said told Horns247 when he received the Texas offer on Jan 20. “It’s an experience I ain’t ever felt before. I was happy when I got the offer. Coach (Tashard) Choice and Coach Sark are two coaches that I’m going to build a better bond with, learn more about football (from).”

On the other end of it, Texas currently views Stewart as the No. 1 running back in the state for the 2025 class and history has shown that when Tashard Choice focuses on a guy, he very rarely tends to miss. 

With all the variables at play here I’m under the impression that timing won’t be as important when it comes to the decision itself. Some think an announcement would come after official visits have been taken, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Stewart pop sometime before that. 

While the visit hasn’t been fully finalized quite yet, Stewart is aiming to be in Austin on Apr. 20 for Texas’ annual Orange and White Spring game.

Stewart has been one of the most productive running backs in the nation after bursting onto the scene as a freshman in 2021. In three years of varsity play at the 4A-D1 level, Stewart has rushed for 6,098 yards and 64 touchdowns on 630 attempts (career avg. of 9.68 YPC) while also adding 400 receiving yards and 6 receiving touchdowns off of 28 catches (career avg. of 14.29 YPC).

This guy is beast. Killed our team in the playoffs. 4A level but plays in tough East Texas district/region. Figured immediately he was going somewhere bigger than SMU. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I believe Hallettsville, Jonathan Brooks' alma mater, is also 4A.  Lots of talent in the sub-5A schools, and if good enough for Choice . . . .

Agreed. Chapel Hill plays against better athletes as well. In retrospect it's kind of surprising it took him this long to be more of a focus. Almost 1,000 yds as a freshman, 2200 yds as a sophomore. 3 long playoff runs for his team. 

• Hook 'Em 1