Barton Creek Mall on a Saturday Night

atomheartbevo

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/austin-police-medics-working-active-attack-response-at-barton-creek-mall/

Austin police and medics are working an “active attack response” following reports of a shooting at Barton Creek Mall.

Austin-Travis County EMS said that multiple 911 callers reported “several people with guns and shots fired” near the food court.

No patients have been reported at this time.

They really are trying to fill that void left by Highland Mall shutting down.

34 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/austin-police-medics-working-active-attack-response-at-barton-creek-mall/

They really are trying to fill that void left by Highland Mall shutting down.

The only difference is Barton creek mall sits on highly valuable real estate on a hill with great views of the city. The fact that’s it’s a getting to be a dumpy mall with huge parking lots is a total waste of prime real estate. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The only difference is Barton creek mall sits on highly valuable real estate on a hill with great views of the city. The fact that’s it’s a getting to be a dumpy mall with huge parking lots is a total waste of prime real estate. 

The land it's on has to be 9 figs at least if not double that. Wonder who owns it. 

The land it's on has to be 9 figs at least if not double that. Wonder who owns it. 

Several owners. Dillards, Simon Property, CTL Property, SPS portfolio holdings, and primary properties. Looks like a political district map after gerrymandering. Appraisals from Travis county cad total around $250,000,000. I’m guessing someone would pay much more. Is there a height restriction because of location?

I can buy that.  If you've ever broken that glass that protects those jewelry displays, when you actually break it, it's loud as fuck and has short, sharp sound.   It's not the glass shattering sound from the movies where it kind of tinkles.

Bold as fuck to do that in a mall with plenty of security cameras and a bunch of people with cellphones, half of whom would have had said cellphones open and would have been staring at them.

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

I saw the new Bond there. The theater was a fucking dump. Tattered, broken seats and overall just shitty and outdated.

Pretty much like the movie. Actually, Daniel Craig would have made a fine Bond. Unfortunately, the writers took away everything that made 007unique and fun and made it a generic spy movie no different from all the others on tv.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Exact same thing happened at rolling oaks mall in SA about 5 years ago. Some good samaritan thought it was a smart idea to try and tackle the robbers as they were fleeing the jewelry store, ended up getting shot and killed.

I'm sure the guy were already arrested. No point in having a shootout at a mall. Just wait until they get home and arrest them there.

16 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I used to run the Oakley store there 20 years ago. Malls need to die. 

I remember you.  Dude with "Thermonuclear Protection" tattooed on your 'bicep', right?  ;)  

7 hours ago, Bevo said:

Pretty much like the movie. Actually, Daniel Craig would have made a fine Bond. Unfortunately, the writers took away everything that made 007unique and fun and made it a generic spy action movie no different from all the others on tv.

Fixed it.

That guy looks like he just ate Arby's.  I didn't mean it as an insult.  I was just remembering those back windshield stickers from Oakley in the 90's and the "Bro" culture they helped create along with Stussy and Mossimo.  Not judging, it's a very powerful brand.  My SIL is an optometrist and was reluctant to carry Oakleys in her optical at first.  As an early investor in her practice, I insisted she did (she's practiced all over the exurbs of Fort Worth and now in Central-West Fort Worth).  It wasn't a great seller at first (it's a more upscale optical dispensary).  But in the last few years, Oakley sales have surged off the charts.  Presumably from selfies in F-250's.  Don't care, ridiculous margins on easy marks, got paid. 

30 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

In the early 80s, and maybe even when you worked there, you could get a blowjob for $5.   You just go to the J.C. Penney’s  and head to the sporting goods department.  There was a high school kid there and you would tel him you wanted to buy some socks, and then he’d blow you in one of the dressing rooms.  

The kid loved UT football and if you told him you were a football player he’d blow you for free. Poor kid, I know of at least 4 people that told him they were Todd Dodge.  He probably didn’t have a UT media guide or a Dave Campbell’s guide laying around, so he couldn’t have known what Dodge looked like without a helmet.   

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

In the early 80s, and maybe even when you worked there, you could get a blowjob for $5.   You just go to the J.C. Penney’s  and head to the sporting goods department.  There was a high school kid there and you would tel him you wanted to buy some socks, and then he’d blow you in one of the dressing rooms.  

The kid loved UT football and if you told him you were a football player he’d blow you for free. Poor kid, I know of at least 4 people that told him they were Todd Dodge.  He probably didn’t have a UT media guide or a Dave Campbell’s guide laying around, so he couldn’t have known what Dodge looked like without a helmet.   

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

wtf026.gif&f=1&nofb=1

(Sarcasm meter/not-in-loop joke?)

Anyway apparently no gunz, just hammerz to jewelery casez.  

The thieves in Austin are very polite and obey gun laws.

2 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I used to run the Oakley store there 20 years ago. Malls need to die. 

I worked at the RadioShack in BCM 20 years ago.  One of the most beautiful girls I’ve ever seen worked at the Sunglass Hut outside our store at that time.  /csb 

Edited by Snake Diggity