Oh shit: New pillow guy lawsuit coming "in two weeks"

Gil Bang

Holy shit, how'd I miss that show?  Was it at the Backyard?  

I saw Attell at CCCC about 20 years ago and I could take or leave him.  Saw Chappelle around the same time in El Paso and he killed.  Saw Lewis Black about 15 years ago a couple times as he rolled through Texas and loved it.  Still love his stuff.  Chappelle is obviously operating on another level beyond just standup comedy.  There's nobody I'd rather see riffing and formulating material in real time.  Though in very different ways, he and Seinfeld are the most interesting to watch at work.  

A big regret, I never got to see Mitch.  I think we had plans to buy tickets for some show in Austin or Houston before he died.  I never got to see Carlin or Pryor but I give myself a pass because I was too young.  But Hedberg was in his prime right when I got deep into comedy.  I've gotten to know some comics here and there, but Hedberg was in a league of his own.  Which, sadly, explains the ending of his season.  

Anyway, speaking of jokes.  I'm watching Mike Lindell give this depo.  And I think of Navarro's PC the other day (or lack thereof), and Powell, and a few others.  And I'm thinking of Nixon's guys at Watergate.  The famous line from Hal Halbrook, "These people are not that smart."  But they had some cunning about them.  This vanguard of Trump's for election fraud?  I mean they are either incredibly stupid or incredibly evil, or both.  And it's almost laughable to picture Trump leaning back in his chair watching this on TV and saying, "Yes, yes.  I was very wise to hitch my wagon to these stars."  But he kinda means it.  Loyalty, admiration, and validation is what he seeks most and these people offer it in spades.  But at some point, even a sociopathic moron like Trump has to watch Mike Lindell on camera and think, "Oh, so he's like Eric-retarded, right?"  

35 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

But at some point, even a sociopathic moron like Trump has to watch Mike Lindell on camera and think, "Oh, so he's like Eric-retarded, right?"  

I think Trump got hoodwinked by Lindell. Trump thought Lindell made $500M selling the Sobakawa pillow in the 90s. When Lindell realized Trump thought he was that “pillow guy,” Lindell had to do a Four Seasons type move and become the “pillow guy” to create the type of cash flow Trump thought he had. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hard Times said:

So who's the most disgusting TV ad flake? The mypillow guy, the colonial penn insurance guy or the omega XL guy?? All 3 are disgusting. 

First one to actually produce results "in two weeks" gets my vote.

• Haha 1

It's hard for Mike to produce the evidence, as promised, in two weeks' time.  When re-up day with his dealer is every 13 days.  Mike says he can stretch 3 eight-balls for two weeks, but he never does.  That first 24 hours slams and goes hard.  

Put yourself in his shoes, just for a moment.

He owes millions in legal fees he cannot pay.  He owes someone $5 million for a "Prove Mike Wrong" election challenge that he lost, was ordered to pay, and is now appealing that.  He has defamation lawsuits from election companies that are slowly moving forward.  His company, while not bankrupt yet, will be soon, and aside from MAGA folks, there is no market for his goods.  He can't even get his product placed in brick and mortar stores because of his lunacy.  Now, having said all that, I couldn't care less what happens to him, because all of this is his own doing.  But shit, imagine having all this hang over your head, day to day.  

Ah well, back to the entertainment.  Oh, and fuck him.  Reap what you sow, bitch.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/mypillow-lawyers-say-ceo-mike-lindell-owes-millions-dollars-rcna119058

The attorneys defending Mike Lindell and his business against defamation claims from voting machine companies are seeking to sever ties with the "MyPillow Guy" over millions of dollars in unpaid legal fees.

In a court filing Thursday, the law firm of Parker Daniels Kibort LLC said Lindell and MyPillow are months behind on their legal bills in three defamation cases, and they can no longer afford to represent him.

"At this time, Defendants are in arrears by millions of dollars to PDK," the filing said. "PDK is a small litigation and trial firm in Minneapolis, MN and cannot afford to finance Defendants’ defense in the Litigations."

The firm said that if it was forced to continue providing legal services to Lindell, the "future fees and costs will amount to millions of dollars in addition to the millions of dollars already owed."

The firm has been defending Lindell in defamation lawsuits filed by voting machine companies Smartmatic and Dominion Voting Systems, as well as a third lawsuit brought by former Dominion employee Eric Coomer. All three claim their reputations were damaged by Lindell's repeated fantastical claims of fraud around the 2020 presidential election.

Lindell on Thursday praised his lawyers as "brave and courageous" and said he would gladly keep paying them, if he wasn't broke.

"We've lost everything, every dime," he told NBC News in a phone interview. "All of it is gone."

Lindell said his company has faced financial challenges amid the lawsuits and sustained bad publicity, to the point that he can no longer take out any loans.

"They took away my borrowing because of all you guys in the media," Lindell said, adding that he'd been "canceled" over his comments on the 2020 election.

Asked if he planned to represent himself or hire new lawyers, Lindell said it was too soon to tell.

"This just happened today," he said.

In its filing, the law firm said Lindell and his company "have been made fully aware of this filing" and "have been advised to obtain other counsel."

"Defendants have indicated that they understand PDK’s position, do not object, and are in the process of finding new counsel," the filing said.

Spoiler

In a March interview with Newsweek, Lindell said he'd been forced to borrow $10 million to pay for his legal fees.

In April, an arbitration panel ordered Lindell to pay $5 million for losing his “Prove Mike Wrong” 2020 election challenge, in which participants were asked to find proof that his cyber data was not valid data from the November 2020 election, as he’d contended it was.

“For the people who find the evidence, 5 million is their reward,” the contest said.

Software developer Robert Zeidman won the challenge, but Lindell refused to pay. Lindell is now challenging the arbitration panel's ruling.

On Thursday, Lindell told NBC that despite the financial strains on him and his company, he plans to keep pushing his stolen election claims.

"I will never stop trying to secure our elections," he said.

Lindell is not the only Trump ally facing an action on unpaid legal fees tied to false claims about the 2020 election.

Last month, longtime Rudy Giuliani attorney Robert Costello and his firm sued the former New York City mayor for $1.4 million in unpaid fees.

Giuliani, who's also being sued by Smartmatic, Dominion and Coomer, has been found liable for defaming two Georgia election workers, and is facing related criminal charges in Fulton County. He's pleaded not guilty to the Georgia election interference charges.

Trump held a fundraiser in September in support of Giuliani's legal defense fund.

Giuliani’s son, Andrew Giuliani, who worked in the Trump White House, touted the fundraiser in an interview on WABC radio of New York City in the hours before the fundraiser, saying that while they'd raised over $1 million for this event alone,” it “won’t be enough to get through this.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

He owes millions in legal fees he cannot pay.  He owes someone $5 million for a "Prove Mike Wrong" election challenge that he lost, was ordered to pay, and is now appealing that.  He has lawsuits from 2 election companies that are slowly moving forward.  His company, while not bankrupt yet, will be soon, and aside from MAGA folks, there is no market for his goods.  He can't even get his product placed in brick and mortar stores because of his lunacy.  Now, having said all that, I couldn't care less what happens to him, because all of this is his own doing.  But shit, imagine having all this hang over your head, day to day.  

Ah well, back to the entertainment.  Oh, and fuck him.  Reap what you sow, bitch.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/mypillow-lawyers-say-ceo-mike-lindell-owes-millions-dollars-rcna119058

Hide contents

In a March interview with Newsweek, Lindell said he'd been forced to borrow $10 million to pay for his legal fees.

In April, an arbitration panel ordered Lindell to pay $5 million for losing his “Prove Mike Wrong” 2020 election challenge, in which participants were asked to find proof that his cyber data was not valid data from the November 2020 election, as he’d contended it was.

“For the people who find the evidence, 5 million is their reward,” the contest said.

Software developer Robert Zeidman won the challenge, but Lindell refused to pay. Lindell is now challenging the arbitration panel's ruling.

On Thursday, Lindell told NBC that despite the financial strains on him and his company, he plans to keep pushing his stolen election claims.

Lindell is not the only Trump ally facing an action on unpaid legal fees tied to false claims about the 2020 election.

Last month, longtime Rudy Giuliani attorney Robert Costello and his firm sued the former New York City mayor for $1.4 million in unpaid fees.

Giuliani, who's also being sued by Smartmatic, Dominion and Coomer, has been found liable for defaming two Georgia election workers, and is facing related criminal charges in Fulton County. He's pleaded not guilty to the Georgia election interference charges.

Trump held a fundraiser in September in support of Giuliani's legal defense fund.

Giuliani’s son, Andrew Giuliani, who worked in the Trump White House, touted the fundraiser in an interview on WABC radio of New York City in the hours before the fundraiser, saying that while they'd raised over $1 million for this event alone,” it “won’t be enough to get through this.

So, we're well into the "finding out" portion of our program.  Let's see what happens next.

• Hook 'Em 1

Is the judge allowed to tell his lawyers, "Tough fucking luck, buckos.  You brought this trial into my court and so you're going to stay and take part in this shitshow until the end, whether you get paid or not" or something like that, only with more Latin phrases?

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

He owes millions in legal fees he cannot pay.  He owes someone $5 million for a "Prove Mike Wrong" election challenge that he lost, was ordered to pay, and is now appealing that.  He has defamation lawsuits from election companies that are slowly moving forward.  His company, while not bankrupt yet, will be soon, and aside from MAGA folks, there is no market for his goods.  He can't even get his product placed in brick and mortar stores because of his lunacy.  Now, having said all that, I couldn't care less what happens to him, because all of this is his own doing.  But shit, imagine having all this hang over your head, day to day.  

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not saying...I'm just saying...

uS6tnb.gif

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm amazed that any lawyer would take cases from any of the MAGA crew and not require 100% of estimated fees upfront. Maybe 150%.

This.  It's the only rational course.  Except the bottom line should be 200% of the estimated fees.  Paid, with all transfers having cleared, before I do a .1 entry of work on the file.

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm amazed that any lawyer would take cases from any of the MAGA crew and not require 100% of estimated fees upfront. Maybe 150%.

there are Maga gqp lawyer posters here that would gladly blow my lumpy pillow are any trump family member for the honor of representing theM in court 

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Lindell is obviously very mentally ill.  I feel bad for the guy.  I don't think he's a horrible person, he just needs a ton of psychiatric help.  His family should be ashamed for not getting him help. 

While many leaders and followers in MAGA are bad people, they've definitely attracted the mentally ill as well. And some are both.

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Lindell is obviously very mentally ill.  I feel bad for the guy.  I don't think he's a horrible person, he just needs a ton of psychiatric help.  His family should be ashamed for not getting him help. 

Counterpoint: I'm sick of the empowered and weaponized mentally ill being allowed - fuck, being EMPOWERED AND ENABLED BY THE MAGA MOVEMENT - to fuck over our country. 

If he was on the corner yelling at clouds, I'd feel bad for him.  He's made millions, and has spent it trying to destroy our democracy.  Suffering is too good for him.  Hell is too good for him.

• Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Mike's had a rough few weeks.

Losing access to credit lines, those pesky IRS folks all up in his ass, and now, losing his legal representation.

But by God, he's gonna prove to everyone somehow, someway (in 2 weeks!) that the 2020 election was fradulent.  

billboards need to be put up near where he lives, talking about his lumpy pillows.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3