Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

since this thread has turned manure of late, this is good, an inflection point in the grand scheme of things and a certain Ukrainian victory.

Need to knock out the mobile rocket launchers, that is 99% of the victory now. I hope to god that US intel is feeding real time positions to the Javelin boys on the ground. Let's Go!

Simplest solution is that the autocratic shithead that murders journalists and indiscriminately slaughters Yemeni civilians is a little nervous about democratic countries uniting against killing journalists and indiscriminately killing civilians. 

But it's probably something Hunter Biden did if you think about it. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Let’s see. Why are they considering this now? Is it a culmination of multiple ME policy moves that have been happening for years or is it a seismic geopolitical shift that happened in the last two weeks? Just coincidentally in the same timeframe. Again, you’re showing a lack of strategic awareness in this area that permeates this board. I’m not sure why it’s such a blind spot. 

All you need to know is SA is seriously considering accepting yuan for oil. Why would they do that?

Well the reserves that they accrue for those sales would likely be held in Chinese or Chinese friendly banks. Why would they do that? The Chinese are known for being shady in capital markets. Well because until two weeks ago countries at least knew despite their differences that the US backed financial system was rules based. We shot that in one move. 

See how out of touch you are? 

11 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Quotes. I asked for quotes from the article.

The Saudi move could chip away at the supremacy of the U.S. dollar in the international financial system, which Washington has relied on for decades to print Treasury bills it uses to finance its budget deficit.

“The oil market, and by extension the entire global commodities market, is the insurance policy of the status of the dollar as reserve currency,” said economist Gal Luft, co-director of the Washington-based Institute for the Analysis of Global Security who co-wrote a book about de-dollarization. “If that block is taken out of the wall, the wall will begin to collapse.”

• Hook 'Em 1

How fucking clueless do you have to be to look at the world today and your first thought as reaction be “fucking libertarians!”  
Almost as clueless as someone complaining about liberals' influence in Texas politics, but there's Sid Miller, and Ken Paxton, and Dan Patrick, and Greg Abbott, blaming every one of our ills on liberal policies.

I get what you're saying, but the asshats claiming to be "libertarian-leaners" have more sway than you're giving them credit for.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Wow. This is my shocked face.

We have posters that act like experts on everything on this board, but somehow they underestimated the significance of our freezing of central bank reserves of another significant country. All for a fight that doesn’t affect us directly when they were frozen and definitely doesn’t now.

The dollar was catastrophically damaged, but when I brought it up I was accused of spreading Russian disinformation by a bunch of buffoons here. You’d rather scream muh Russia at people than actually look at consequences of some of our actions. What a massive deficit in the thinkers here. 

When was the dollar damaged?

50 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

The Saudi move could chip away at the supremacy of the U.S. dollar in the international financial system, which Washington has relied on for decades to print Treasury bills it uses to finance its budget deficit.

“The oil market, and by extension the entire global commodities market, is the insurance policy of the status of the dollar as reserve currency,” said economist Gal Luft, co-director of the Washington-based Institute for the Analysis of Global Security who co-wrote a book about de-dollarization. “If that block is taken out of the wall, the wall will begin to collapse.”

Looks like bullshit to me. 

Anne Korin is co-director of the Institute for the Analysis of Global Security, a think tank focused on energy and security, and chairs the Set America Free Coalition, an alliance of national security, environmental, labor and religious groups promoting ways to reduce America's dependence on foreign oil. She is co-author of Energy Security Challenges for the 21st Century (2009) and Turning Oil into Salt (2009). She appears in the media frequently and has written articles for Foreign Affairs,[1] MIT Innovations,[2] The American Interest[3] and National Review.[4]

In May 2008, Korin testified before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs.[5]

Korin is adviser to the United States Energy Security Council.

They should just rename themselves "I Heart to Burn Oil" or "Let's Burn Some Fucking Oil, Man."  

Edited by Bullneck
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

How fucking clueless do you have to be to look at the world today and your first thought as reaction be “fucking libertarians!”  

Because their bullshit and tea party and Trumper garbage that it all spawned is a major reason why corporations are as free as ever to completely exploit the American consumer. Including why they have been allowed to price fix and collude on gas supply. Which is the point of what I was referring to. 

And fuck you for insulting me. Didn't have to respond like a giant cunt. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Pods said:

Simplest solution is that the autocratic shithead that murders journalists and indiscriminately slaughters Yemeni civilians is a little nervous about democratic countries uniting against killing journalists and indiscriminately killing civilians. 

Saudi Arabia doesn't give a fuck about what the democratic world thinks of them. The democratic world doesn't care what Saudi Arabia does to its own citizens or to Yemen.   Oil and money is the real God. 

https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/03/15/saudi-arabia-mass-execution-81-men#

Saudi Arabia: Mass Execution of 81 Men

(Beirut) – Saudi authorities’ execution of 81 men on March 12, 2022 was its largest mass execution in years despite recent promises to curtail its use of the death penalty, Human Rights Watch said today. Rampant and systemic abuses in Saudi Arabia’s criminal justice system suggest it is highly unlikely that any of the men received a fair trial.

Saudi activists told Human Rights Watch that 41 of the men belonged to the country’s Shia Muslim minority, who have long suffered systemic discrimination and violence by the government. Many Saudi Shia are serving lengthy sentences, are on death row, or have been executed for protest-related charges following patently unfair trials.

“Saudi Arabia’s mass execution of 81 men this weekend was a brutal show of its autocratic rule, and a justice system that puts the fairness of their trials and sentencing into serious doubt,” said Michael Page, deputy Middle East director at Human Rights Watch. “The shocking callousness of their treatment is compounded by the fact that many families found out about their loved ones’ deaths just like the rest of us, after the fact and through the media.”

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Because their bullshit and tea party and Trumper garbage that it all spawned is a major reason why corporations are as free as ever to completely exploit the American consumer. Including why they have been allowed to price fix and collude on gas supply. Which is the point of what I was referring to.

Libertarians running shit up in here!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Let’s see. Why are they considering this now? Is it a culmination of multiple ME policy moves that have been happening for years or is it a seismic geopolitical shift that happened in the last two weeks? Just coincidentally in the same timeframe. Again, you’re showing a lack of strategic awareness in this area that permeates this board. I’m not sure why it’s such a blind spot. 

tumblr_mlp72jf4Ev1rvcvbio1_500.2e16d0ba.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

a free news outlet, trying to have a debate, while complaining about state run media models, which is of course their primary business model of choice, while also complaining they can't have a debate 

THESE PEOPLE ARE FUCKING ALIENS SENT FROM PLANET REGARD TO MAKE US DUMB

d38u7l7-35419bbc-728e-466f-bfef-c96e7356

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, staboner said:

good lord ^. the permanent victimhood on fox is just exhausting. the sheer stupidity of their words and lack of any constructive view is childish. this fucking simulation man

It's not gonna get better man.  Just accept it and enjoy the ride to the bottom.  It's like the Dr. Strangelove ride, except we are all on it against our will.  Sorry for channeling Brisket, but god damn.

• Rage+1 1

How is the government limiting anyone's ability to debate or express ideas?  For fuck's sake, Jen Psaki has to deal with Doocy's bullshit every press conference, and she does it with grace (and a little bit of ass-kicking thrown in for spice).

So snowflaky.

10 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

So our stance is that what Russia is doing is not an act of aggression?    Maybe there' more in there that I didn't see.  But that "or" to me seems to pretty well define two circumstances we would come to their aid, not just threat or use of nukes.  

Well we are coming to their aid.  It doesn't say we actually have to defend them, so I kind of misstated that, conflating aid with defense.  And what Dahobbs said.

But, yeah, I read the nuclear clause as modifying both preceding alternative clauses either an actual victim or the object of a threat of the use of nuclear weapons.  Which makes a certain amount of sense as the agreement deprives them of their nuclear defense option, not all defense options.  But I suppose you could make a case that we'd "defend" actual aggression regardless of nukes, and threats of aggression only if nukes.  Commas would have been good there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hermanator said:

And fuck you for insulting me. Didn't have to respond like a giant cunt. 

Have you not read his posts before?

10 hours ago, Pods said:

The U.S. has been complicit in the genocide in Yemen & no one gives a fuck in this country because they're brown people. If Ukrainians looked like Yemenis you wouldn't see even a fraction of the current response. 

• Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, Caponata said:

The U.S. has been complicit in the genocide in Yemen & no one gives a fuck in this country because they're brown people. If Ukrainians looked like Yemenis you wouldn't see even a fraction of the current response. 

The brown people aspect is probably 33%.  The fact that Saudis are behind it and we need their oil is 33%.  The fact that no one here understands what goes on over there -- and might have for years/decades/generations/centuries -- is 33%.

Once we are energy independent forever (I'm talking about solar and wind) we can tell the Saudis to fuck off.  But not until.  Are you part of the problem or the solution?

Fatigue.

Look at how how quickly the 2 Ukraine threads moved in the first 3 days and now.

Or maybe we just stopped caring about white people.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

Fatigue.

Look at how how quickly the 2 Ukraine threads moved in the first 3 days and now.

Or maybe we just stopped caring about white people.

I think in addition to fatigue, there's also just less happening right now. Less news due to the russian war machine falling apart and getting bogged down, and less movement of troops and tempo of action.