2022 NCAA Tournament - 2nd Round

Wally Pryor

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, I saw him going #1 to the Rockets in an article and I don't think I like it.  He's gonna get manhandled.  Dude makes KD look yoked.

Agree with ya and the Rockets definitely need a proper rebounding big, but I'll reserve further discussion for the Rockets thread.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

just too much for Memphis unfortunately.

and that flop call on holmgren was the exact same as the other play.

Agree.  Gonzaga is too much for Memphis and too much for most teams.  They have some very skilled players, are extremely well coached, and play smart basketball.

1 minute ago, boilerhorn said:

Agree.  Gonzaga is too much for Memphis and too much for most teams.  They have some very skilled players, are extremely well coached, and play smart basketball.

Their lack of backcourt and FT shooting will catch up to them.

Edited by Wally Pryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

Im not sure why this color guy is all that worked up.  there really isn't a good option, its not like Memphis could get an easy 2.  

Yeah.  Then he offered the wise comment that they should not have fouled the guy with the 87% FT percentage.  No kidding.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

Im not sure why this color guy is all that worked up.  there really isn't a good option, its not like Memphis could get an easy 2.  

He's been hammering away at Penny's coaching all night, as Penny's underdogs were damn near beating the overall #1.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

He's been hammering away at Penny's coaching all night, as Penny's underdogs were damn near beating the overall #1.

yeah.  Penny didn't do anything egregious that I saw.    Memphis had them on the ropes for a good while. the zags made some clutch 3's down the stretch.

17 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I like Gonzaga less every time I watch them. 

Why? They play fast paced interesting ball. They tend to play down to the level of their opponents but then have the ability to turn it on. Can they keep relying on that ability? Will be interesting to see. 

The tournament is more interesting with them in it than if they got knocked out. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, I saw him going #1 to the Rockets in an article and I don't think I like it.  He's gonna get manhandled.  Dude makes KD look yoked.

Durant couldn't even bench 200 once. 

Holmgren needs to be a legit 3 pt shooting NBA stretch forward. His length can help him if he can play on the perimeter. Whether he has the feet to do it like Durant does will be interesting to see.  

Eight teams qualified Sweet 16.... 8 different conferences  😋

• Zags  -- WCC
  • Arky  --  SEC
  • Ucla   --  Pac12
  • NC     --   ACC
  • StPeters  -- MAAC
  • Providence  --  BigEast
  • Ku      --     B12
  • Mich   --    B10.

Edited by LTtxfan
Fuckin' Autocorrect
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Eight teams qualified Sweet 16.... 8 different conferences  😋

• Zags  -- WCC
  • Arky  --  SEC
  • Ucla   --  Pac12
  • NC     --   ACC
  • StPeters  -- MAAC
  • Providence  --  BigEast
  • Ku      --     B12
  • Mich   --    B10.

Where’s Baylor? 

hahah GIF

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Compared to Suggs and Kispert. They were much better distributors and off the dribble. Nemhart is a good (better) shooter, probably better than Kispert, but this year's backcourt isn't as good as last years.  

I mean they still have probably one of the 10 best backcourts in the country. I certainly wouldn’t bet on their backcourt being the issue if they lose a game.

18 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Gotdam, just saw Holmgren without a shirt.   He looked like I did when I was in junior high.  

I’m 6’1” and weighed as much as he does as a senior in high school.  I wasn’t playing LB either, I was a wing on the basketball team.

Durant couldn't even bench 200 once. 
Holmgren needs to be a legit 3 pt shooting NBA stretch forward. His length can help him if he can play on the perimeter. Whether he has the feet to do it like Durant does will be interesting to see.  

My son was telling me that holmgren occasionally runs the point. Is that true? Would that make him the only seven footer in the nation to play the 1 guard?

7 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Interesting take

I like the way Gonzaga plays. They're skilled, resilient and well coached. And Timme is a monster player. That said, I find him to be the most annoying player in America. He gives me flashbacks to Laettner, one of my all-time least favorite players. So as good as he is, I don't enjoy watching him play. Weird, I know. Maybe it's the headband. 

2 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

I like the way Gonzaga plays. They're skilled, resilient and well coached. And Timme is a monster player. That said, I find him to be the most annoying player in America. He gives me flashbacks to Laettner, one of my all-time least favorite players. So as good as he is, I don't enjoy watching him play. Weird, I know. Maybe it's the headband. 

No that’s a fair take. I misinterpreted what you meant by liking them less and less.

• Like 1

That is bizarre. Timme is nothing like Laettner. Laettner was a complete dick who would cheap shot dudes with elbows to the jaw and shit like that. So much so that on the dream team practices the hall of fame bigs admitted to enjoying pushing him around and punishing him because he's such an asshole. 

Timme has shown none of that. Plays clean and even his personality in the post game interview wasn't demeaning. He gave Memphis a lot of credit for the way they played and said their focus at halftime was to leave everthing on the court and whether they won or lost would take care of itself. 

I'm guessing you don't like him because he absolutely demolished whatever big we put on him early in the season when they toyed with us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

That is bizarre. Timme is nothing like Laettner. Laettner was a complete dick who would cheap shot dudes with elbows to the jaw and shit like that. So much so that on the dream team practices the hall of fame bigs admitted to enjoying pushing him around and punishing him because he's such an asshole. 

Timme has shown none of that. Plays clean and even his personality in the post game interview wasn't demeaning. He gave Memphis a lot of credit for the way they played and said their focus at halftime was to leave everthing on the court and whether they won or lost would take care of itself. 

I'm guessing you don't like him because he absolutely demolished whatever big we put on him early in the season when they toyed with us. 

Timme is a great college player and i think people hate him because they look at him and think that game wont translate to the NBA. 

45 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Didn’t know penny coached Memphis. If I had, I wouldn’t have picked them to advance past the first round. Congrats on finally making it, penny!

Coaching staff also has Larry Brown and Rasheed Wallace.