2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’ve heard talks of Campbell at center potentially

Not a chance, Campbell is a guard who will get a look at tackle. Conner Robertson has been mentioned as the center. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

Ok so apparently Hookfin had a serious motorcycle injury and fractured his collarbone, arm, and had some broken ribs. Cross him off the list. High upside guy who is unlikely to contribute now.

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/football/2021/12/02/texas-football-isaiah-hookfin-injured-motorcycle-accident/8844728002/

Were you wondering why you hadn't heard his name mentioned all spring?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Via FCB

I’m hearing Saturday's Orange-White Spring Game won’t be much of a game, but rather more of “a practice with situational scrimmage elements,” according to a source.

“There won’t be stats or even a score that’s kept,” the source said. “There’s not enough depth to split up teams.”

The reason for that is primarily the lack of depth on the offensive line, which has been further complicated by the high ankle sprain suffered by sophomore tackle Andrej Karic. He’ll end up missing the final seven of UT’s 15 spring practices.

8060EC27-A03E-41D3-8F28-A76C4C764200.gif.97f2ee2a3b60753d42c9035f65d065c6.gif

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The freshman class at OL for Texas in 2022 will be one of the highest performing groups at OL ever recruited. We will be shocked at how much more effective everything on offense is when Banks is starting at LT and Campbell is either alongside him at LG or on the other side at RG. People are going to shake their heads in disbelief at their lack of faith in what these guys and Flood can get done versus everything that existed before them on the roster. 

winona-ryder-gif-1501001790.gif?crop=1xw

• Drool 1

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The freshman class at OL for Texas in 2022 will be one of the highest performing groups at OL ever recruited. We will be shocked at how much more effective everything on offense is when Banks is starting at LT and Campbell is either alongside him at LG or on the other side at RG. People are going to shake their heads in disbelief at their lack of faith in what these guys and Flood can get done versus everything that existed before them on the roster. 

Where is CTJ and what did you do with him?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What is this?

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Field of Dreams baseball GIF

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I read this and I am waiting for the punchline. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Ok so apparently Hookfin had a serious motorcycle injury and fractured his collarbone, arm, and had some broken ribs. Cross him off the list. High upside guy who is unlikely to contribute now.

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/football/2021/12/02/texas-football-isaiah-hookfin-injured-motorcycle-accident/8844728002/

I doubt he Plays again. Had some internal injuries during that accident

33 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’ve heard talks of Campbell at center potentially

never happen. I would love for it to happen, instead of seeing him at guard. Flood will run the freshman Thunderdome at Tackle. I would like to see Neto or Campbell at Center, if Flood says they can not play tackle. Center is so much more valuable position, than guard

32 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Not a chance, Campbell is a guard who will get a look at tackle. Conner Robertson has been mentioned as the center. 

Why not get your best 5 on the field?

LT Banks

LG Angilau

C Campbell

RG Conner

RT Karic 

Someone with Campbell strength, athleticism, and footwork at that position really opens things up. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Why not get your best 5 on the field?

LT Banks

LG Angilau

C Campbell

RG Conner

RT Karic 

Someone with Campbell strength, athleticism, and footwork at that position really opens things up. 

Coaches get oddly protective about the center spot. You know my opinion on it, but I dont think they would bench Majors. Been a long time since Texas had a high level center

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

Coaches get oddly protective about the center spot. You know my opinion on it, but I dont think they would bench Majors. Been a long time since Texas had a high level center

Majors will get pushed in the fall if there is a clear strength upgrade in the freshman class. He is a smart player and a decent pass blocker, but definitely not a plus in the run game. 

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Majors will get pushed in the fall if there is a clear strength upgrade in the freshman class. He is a smart player and a decent pass blocker, but definitely not a plus in the run game. 

Who is going to push him? They are not going to put the talent at center. 

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

I think we'll be fine. This Hookfin dude supposedly has a ton of upside. Sam Cosmi 2.0. 

Stephen Colbert Good Luck GIF

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

GIF by BJ The Chicago Kid

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

It's very unlikely an incoming freshman will have the mental command of the offense to start the season at center. 

Add in the starting QB will be a rs true freshman and no way Sark goes with freshmen at both QB and center. Ewers is going to have to rely on the center for a lot of line calls this season. 

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

It's very unlikely an incoming freshman will have the mental command of the offense to start the season at center. 

Add in the starting QB will be a rs true freshman and no way Sark goes with freshmen at both QB and center. Ewers is going to have to rely on the center for a lot of line calls this season. 

A school to the east of us did it just last year and he ended up being a freshmen all American. And Majors has done absolutely nothing to get any benefit of doubt whatsoever 

The Bijan stuff is just a smoke cloud, excusing why he’ll barely see any action Saturday: the real reason is he’s a known quantity and they don’t want him getting hurt in a scrimmage. If he actually has ANY injury at all, put his ass in bubble wrap and we’ll see you in the summer, don’t trot him out for a few plays.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

A school to the east of us did it just last year and he ended up being a freshmen all American. And Majors has done absolutely nothing to get any benefit of doubt whatsoever 

They also had one of the better defenses in the country and still struggled early in the season. It's not impossible but one of these freshmen would have to show an extraordinary handle of the offense and opposing defensive front looks for that to happen. It's not likely. 

Majors hasn't been terrible. Remember he's just a RS sophomore who's real playing time just started last year. It's more likely he shows improvement this offseason and starts the season at center

Edited by Hermanator

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Via FCB

I’m hearing Saturday's Orange-White Spring Game won’t be much of a game, but rather more of “a practice with situational scrimmage elements,” according to a source.

“There won’t be stats or even a score that’s kept,” the source said. “There’s not enough depth to split up teams.”

The reason for that is primarily the lack of depth on the offensive line, which has been further complicated by the high ankle sprain suffered by sophomore tackle Andrej Karic. He’ll end up missing the final seven of UT’s 15 spring practices.

Fucking clown show lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

They also had one of the better defenses in the country and still struggled early in the season. It's not impossible but one of these freshmen would have to show an extraordinary handle of the offense and opposing defensive front looks for that to happen. It's not likely. 

Majors hasn't been terrible. Remember he's just a RS sophomore who's real playing time just started last year. It's more likely he shows improvement this offseason and starts the season at center

Excuses. He was pretty bad last year. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gap between Freshman All American and All American would make south austin's mom blush

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Damn you for making me think of Jason Glynn today

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic