2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

20 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

So garbage time Ark was the lift off? How about the wretched display vs TCU? The fact is Rice was 110 in DFEI, TCU was 116th, and Tech was as 100th. Oklahoma was 56th. That is where you are basing your elite offense from. 

The backend featured #2 OSU, #8 Baylor. At this point it was “OH no, we suck again”. #22 ISU, #32 West Virgina, and #16 KSU. There was the return to elite offense vs #126 Kansas. 

the explosion on offense started, because Texas ran for 1035 yards between rice, TCU, and Tech. It continued when Texas ran the ball well vs OU and it abruptly ended when OU shut the running game down in the second half 

Multiple variables were involved in the declining offensive productivity after the OU game. 

We are able to observe what happened when the offense was fully healthy. We are able to observe what happened after some key pieces were injured. The fact that the games vs tougher defensive opponents coincided with the timing of key offensive injuries doesn’t allow an accurate assessment to be drawn. The inability to replace the productivity lost from the injuries was significant. It changed everything 

So reading a couple pages of this thread too catch up and I realize.... 

We really just make shit up and run with it likes it's real or like it happened/didn't happen...

I read a few responses where the posters just said a thing, called it truth, and used it as the basis for the rest of the post...  Even though the thing was not necessarily true (or just outright false.)

I'll keep reading the made up stuff, but damn, fellas....

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snacks said:

We really just make shit up and run with it likes it's real or like it happened/didn't happen...

I read a few responses where the posters just said a thing, called it truth, and used it as the basis for the rest of the post...  Even though the thing was not necessarily true (or just outright false.)

This shoe appears to be my size. However, it’s been an opinionated take the entire time. Everything after that was reasoning as to how my opinion was reached

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, The Deuce said:

This shoe appears to be my size. However, it’s been an opinionated take the entire time. Everything after that was reasoning as to how my opinion was reached

A whole bunch of Cinderellas are fitting the slipper... 

3 hours ago, JFKFC said:

This is not an either/or conversation. We could still bring in Mathis, the UCLA (former Texas) LB and a couple of (average) OTs. I am still holding out hope it all happens. 

You're taking"don't worry about the numbers" to unprecedented heights. How many players do you expect us to sign this year? 45? 50?

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

You're taking"don't worry about the numbers" to unprecedented heights. How many players do you expect us to sign this year? 45? 50?

I thought I read that we could add 2 even after Mathis and Johnson. If I'm wrong, we can deport all of our Australians.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I thought I read that we could add 2 even after Mathis and Johnson. If I'm wrong, we can deport all of our Australians.

Nahlin said yesterday, that after possibly adding Mathis and Bama WR, still thought room for two more from transfer portal...  

7 hours ago, Snacks said:

Well, everyone knows Custer died at Little Bighorn. What this book presupposes is... maybe he didn't.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

We suck dog shit and will continue until we get some depth that isn’t stacked with spineless pussies. A defense with any kind of pulse and a secondary that could spell football would have given us 9-10 wins 

This has been my preseason mindset for the last decade or so.  Hype articles are just clickbait and not to be believed ever  

8 hours ago, Bevo said:

Our roster will be 40% new compared to last year.

Yeah but rule #1 still applies. They are to be considered dog shit until they prove otherwise.  

this mindset saves a lot of heartburn every fall.  

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, Snacks said:

I thought that was why we came to this site in the first place....

• Haha 1

Bobby:

Ja’Tavion Sanders continues to be one of the surprises of spring ball. Sanders had another good scrimmage on Saturday and has been praised for his all-around play. We knew he could be a talented receiver but word is that he’s also been a willing blocker.

But have his efforts been enough to cement the first string role at the position?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Gunnar Helm still competes with Sanders as an in-line blocker and Jahleel Billingsley’s speed is superior to that of Sanders.

So while Sanders is the odds-on favorite to be the every-down TE, there’s also the reality that the Texas TE room has developed some depth and strengths along the way.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 4:53 PM, Codaxx said:

Damn you, you made me look. Texas was 105th in OFD (drives with at least one first down). I believe @NoName or @Nope had a stat that showed the Texas offense was abysmal with bad field position. It was basically of the offense got the ball inside their 25 it was almost a sure 3 and out. The defense was 90th in DFD. That was a 2 fold issue. One they tired out, because they didn’t get off the field. #2 they gave up field position and forced a poor starting position for the offense 

if it was me it was from Offensive Available Yards % (OAY) from FEI

Available yards percentages as measured from starting field position to the opponent 20-yard line (O20, D20), as measured from starting field position to the opponent 40-yard line (O40, D40), and as measured from starting field position to the offense's own 40-yard line (O60, D60) are also provided.

Texas was #66 overall, #83 in OAY20, #102 in OAY40 and #120 in OAY60

https://www.bcftoys.com/2021-ayp/

Texas finished as the #35 OFEI team in the country, behind Baylor (34) and ahead of TCU and SMU at 36/37

Baylor was 34/32/20/14

TCU was 28/21/15/9 (truly a horrific defensive team last year #36 in OFEI and #116 in DFEI)

SMU finished 25/31/24/32

again, Texas finished 66/83/102/120 while finishing in the same range as Baylor/TCU/SMU in OFEI which is kind of a miracle all things considered.

Texas was very clearly an outlier with regard to OAY and that is backed up by a bunch of other underlying data (#44 in offensive yards per play, #25 in points per drive including a strange #45 in the country from "long" field position - inside your own 20)

OAY info - just high level look at the colors/ranks outside the top 100 for O20/O40/O60. with even average

image.thumb.png.4ae21ed667f8b06c1708f3d8611789e8.png

image.thumb.png.ff664cad74b0d4f12e90be091e3e985d.png

39 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby:

Ja’Tavion Sanders continues to be one of the surprises of spring ball. Sanders had another good scrimmage on Saturday and has been praised for his all-around play. We knew he could be a talented receiver but word is that he’s also been a willing blocker.

But have his efforts been enough to cement the first string role at the position?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Gunnar Helm still competes with Sanders as an in-line blocker and Jahleel Billingsley’s speed is superior to that of Sanders.

So while Sanders is the odds-on favorite to be the every-down TE, there’s also the reality that the Texas TE room has developed some depth and strengths along the way.

Why is this a surprise? He was a fucking 5 star. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

Bobby:

Maybe. Maybe not.

But maybe the most important depth and strengths are the depth and strengths we developed along the way. Weird update Bobby.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I just read the last 3 pages and, I don't know how this is possible, but they're actually completely shittier pages than the pages where I go on rants about Seven Loss Steve having done nothing to merit the benefit of the doubt from us here. We have to be the most worthless gaggle of fucktards on the Internet outside of the various groups of mouthbreathing, room-temperature-IQ blowhards spewing volumes of ignorant takes on the SEC boards. Fuck.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I just read the last 3 pages and, I don't know how this is possible, but they're actually completely shittier pages than the pages where I go on rants about Seven Loss Steve having done nothing to merit the benefit of the doubt from us here. We have to be the most worthless gaggle of fucktards on the Internet outside of the various groups of mouthbreathing, room-temperature-IQ blowhards spewing volumes of ignorant takes on the SEC boards. Fuck.

OK, but this needs to be shortened up a bit to become the site motto.

• Haha 5

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic