2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

56 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Watching OB's Overreaction Monday podcast and they're talking about how Marcus Washington is holding his own & holding off Neyor in Spring Football despite Neyor being an NFL draft talent and they wouldn't be surprised if the season started today that Washington is starting over Neyor.

36 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

IT mentioned something similar as well, that Marcus is holding his own.

If this is the case, barring injuries to the WR or TE rooms, Texas is going to see widespread production at these two positions for the first time in years. 

59 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Watching OB's Overreaction Monday podcast and they're talking about how Marcus Washington is holding his own & holding off Neyor in Spring Football despite Neyor being an NFL draft talent and they wouldn't be surprised if the season started today that Washington is starting over Neyor.

39 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

If this is the case, barring injuries to the WR or TE rooms, Texas is going to see widespread production at these two positions for the first time in years. 

X, JW, Neyor, Washington, Hall?, JT'S, JB, and then the running backs on routes. Man, it's hard not to get excited about this offense. If Texas has even an above-average offensive line, this offense is going to fuck. 

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think Marcus Washington holding off Neyor says more about Neyor than Washington.  Washington is a motivated and willing blocker but he’s a poor route runner and has average at best hands.  He’s also slow.  This tells me Neyor looks like Tarzan and probably is getting used to and/or struggling going up against power 5 DBs vs the type of players he was going up against at Wyoming.  Probably makes sense why we’re going after Agiye Hall…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

39 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

X, JW, Neyor, Washington, Hall?, JT'S, JB, and then the running backs on routes. Man, it's hard not to get excited about this offense. If Texas has even an above-average offensive line, this offense is going to fuck

high quality GIF

• Haha 1

I think Marcus Washington holding off Neyor says more about Neyor than Washington.  Washington is a motivated and willing blocker but he’s a poor route runner and has average at best hands.  He’s also slow.  This tells me Neyor looks like Tarzan and probably is getting used to and/or struggling going up against power 5 DBs vs the type of players he was going up against at Wyoming.  Probably makes sense why we’re going after Agiye Hall…

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Say It Again GIF by Strays

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Doesn't Washington get hyped a bit every preseason?

I'll believe it when he starts producing in games, something Neyor has done.

Even if Washington is clearly outperforming in practice, we'd sure as hell better put Neyor in some game situations just to see.

Wasn't Lil'Jordan Humphrey a notoriously average practice player? Some guys just produce when the pressure is on, and some do not.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, ousux said:

Corndogs were never really serious about gathering up the kind of scratch needed to lure Jimbo away from Collie Station. They thought the easier recruiting/path to championships would do the trick.

Yeah I suppose you are right. Instead they settled for paying Brian Kelly $15 million per year in what is likely going to be one of the worst contracts in college history. 

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I think this is mostly because Washington knows the playbook better than Neyor at this point. Neyor has been getting run with the 1's. This is most likely spring depth chart posturing so that Washington doesn't transfer out over the summer. He hasn't magically learned to catch in the last two months, or gotten faster. People have been raving about Neyor all offseason, so I doubt there is much to this. I caught the same episode and my immediate thought was that this was just contrived bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I'll believe it when he starts producing in games, something Neyor has done.

Even if Washington is clearly outperforming in practice, we'd sure as hell better put Neyor in some game situations just to see.

Wasn't Lil'Jordan Humphrey a notoriously average practice player? Some guys just produce when the pressure is on, and some do not.

Leave Card out of this.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

47 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

He was getting shredded last preseason because he couldn't catch the ball.

He actually contributed a little more than I thought he would last year. Showed pretty reliable hands once the lights came on and is a willing blocker. He's just not the typical Sarkisian receiver and when he is out in the open field it looks like he is pulling an 18 wheeler.

• Hook 'Em 1

The silver lining to this angle is that “Power 5 DBs” would generally describe something way better than the Texas secondary last year.

The silver lining to this angle is that “Power 5 DBs” would generally describe something way better than the Texas secondary last year.

20 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

He actually contributed a little more than I thought he would last year. Showed pretty reliable hands once the lights came on and is a willing blocker. He's just not the typical Sarkisian receiver and when he is out in the open field it looks like he is pulling an 18 wheeler.

Said to a friend during a game last year, yeah he has shit hands and can't run routes but at least he's also slow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

I'd be reluctant to draw any conclusions about Neyor based on what they are saying about Washington.  The fact that Washington is supposedly close to Neyor isn't the win for Washington that it might sound like at first.  I know that is vague, my apologies.  I'd be stunned if Neyor is not widely considered clearly above Washington come fall camp.

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

So Collin Johnson with worse hands

Edited by Eggo

4 hours ago, westexhorn said:

Speaking of which, can somebody post the team Inside Scoop that IT posted yesterday?

3 hours ago, victory88 said:

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

21 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Is it sad that when they show that small clip of Overshown all I can imagine is that he overruns setting the edge by running a little to much up field?

My issue is I cannot swallow the propaganda machine any longer after 10 odd years of shittasticness. I get they have to pump these feel good pieces out etc and I cannot help but watch them, but just knowing how poorly this team played last year tempers any real excitement for this season.

Is it sad that when they show that small clip of Overshown all I can imagine is that he overruns setting the edge by running a little to much up field?

Are you saying Overshown failed to set the edge last year? Or just that Texas defenders did a poor job of it?

Part of the reason I ask is because there seemingly is some expectation that the ILBs should be doing that. If that’s the expectation of a guy lined up off the ball, inside the T, that’s, well, terrible thinking to put it kindly.

Thornton, in spite of his limitations overall, May have been decent at it. Ovie had too many misses but also showed he could do it. Those are your edge setters. Then when our DBs were called to blitz off the edge, they were generally terrible at not only making plays but forcing things back inside. They often blocked themselves.

2 hours ago, someguy said:

I'd be reluctant to draw any conclusions about Neyor based on what they are saying about Washington.  The fact that Washington is supposedly close to Neyor isn't the win for Washington that it might sound like at first.  I know that is vague, my apologies.  I'd be stunned if Neyor is not widely considered clearly above Washington come fall camp.

You're just someguy. Why should we take your word for it?

Are you saying Overshown failed to set the edge last year? Or just that Texas defenders did a poor job of it?

Part of the reason I ask is because there seemingly is some expectation that the ILBs should be doing that. If that’s the expectation of a guy lined up off the ball, inside the T, that’s, well, terrible thinking to put it kindly.

Thornton, in spite of his limitations overall, May have been decent at it. Ovie had too many misses but also showed he could do it. Those are your edge setters. Then when our DBs were called to blitz off the edge, they were generally terrible at not only making plays but forcing things back inside. They often blocked themselves.

On 4/18/2022 at 11:03 AM, closetojumping said:

I just read the last 3 pages and, I don't know how this is possible, but they're actually completely shittier pages than the pages where I go on rants about Seven Loss Steve having done nothing to merit the benefit of the doubt from us here. We have to be the most worthless gaggle of fucktards on the Internet outside of the various groups of mouthbreathing, room-temperature-IQ blowhards spewing volumes of ignorant takes on the SEC boards. Fuck.

I Give Up GIF

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:

He hasn't magically learned to catch in the last two months, or gotten faster. 

Learning how to catch can happen pretty quickly... One new WR Coach - one that played the position well, actually watches the players with the intent of improving them, and then coaches tech and mentality - can get rid of drops in weeks...  And when the player is confident they will make the catch, they can play faster... (yeah, he was really slow for a WR - 4.75 - coming out of HS, but teams wanted him for some reason.)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Snacks said:

Learning how to catch can happen pretty quickly... One new WR Coach - one that played the position well, actually watches the players with the intent of improving them, and then coaches tech and mentality - can get rid of drops in weeks...  And when the player is confident they will make the catch, they can play faster... (yeah, he was really slow for a WR - 4.75 - coming out of HS, but teams wanted him for some reason.)

I will shit a golden bottle of Cutty Sark and light @BurntOrange&White on fire if Marcus Washington is playing meaningful snaps over Neyor next season. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

JFKFC is probably punching the air seeing Christian Jones win a rep at the :23 mark.

In defense of JFKFC...  I doubt Jones will play against the likes of RSFR Abiara on a regular basis... But glad to see Jones at RT... Id rather the whiffs be in front of Card, not behind.

• Hook 'Em 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic