2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

9 hours ago, ousux said:
9 hours ago, Nivek said:
I don't think it should be a shit show, unless we roll out some more corpses to play O-line, our coach doesn't bribe the officials, fails to adjust, puts Patterson in the corner, or whatever that was on defense last year shows up again.  
I kind of want our mascot to hand a bag of those immamac oversized dollars in a whataburger bag to the officials during the game.

We could pay off the zebras just like aggy fantasizes we do, wouldnt make a diff. Other teams would be allowed to hold their asses off, anyone in burnt orange doesnt get a benefit of a doubt.

Can't wait to get out the big 12

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

You pick the guy who earns it. There, so far is a consensus that Card is outperforming Ewers. Having said that, I do believe, in the end, Ewers will pass Card and pull away. He has to earn it. Everyone has to see that he earned it.

I keep hearing the 995s saying that as well....   But I also hear that Ewers has been hitting 75% of his passes since day 1.  And from what little I've seen, he's hitting the reciever's in stride a lot more than Card does.  

Now Card is ahead of Ewers at this time, but that is only because of experience in this system.  I have a feeling we will see different as early as the spring game.

19 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

I keep hearing the 995s saying that as well....   But I also hear that Ewers has been hitting 75% of his passes since day 1.  And from what little I've seen, he's hitting the reciever's in stride a lot more than Card does.  

Now Card is ahead of Ewers at this time, but that is only because of experience in this system.  I have a feeling we will see different as early as the spring game.

I agree but we will see. We are talking about the highest ranked pocket passer ever........out of HS. That is some dynamic company. Hope he lives up to the hype, if he does, we will be in good shape.

Edited by Longhornlove
sticky E

7 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

You pick the guy who earns it. There, so far is a consensus that Card is outperforming Ewers. Having said that, I do believe, in the end, Ewers will pass Card and pull away. He has to earn it. Everyone has to see that he earned it.

My point is that our coaches and 9.95 writers have been shitty at recognizing when someone is the better player and deserves to start. Better players have sat longer than they should have. Thompson, Bijan, Wiley, etc. It's not always cut and dried. A player may be a play-maker in the comfy confines of practice but have terrible nerves in game environments. Coaches have to be able to evaluate personalities in addition to athleticism. 

This old "he has to earn it" mentality is dogmatic and masturbatory. If a coach picks a guy (regardless of the circumstances) and he proves it on game day, no one is going to second-guess him.

Edited by lazygringo

8 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

If Kwiatkowski had any dignity as a man he would have murdered himself after the Kansas game. 

he’s an elite defensive coordinator and that will be evident this season. there’s always a learning curve and the players struggled last season. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, lazygringo said:

My point is that our coaches and 9.95 writers have been shitty at recognizing when someone is the better player and deserves to start. Better players have sat longer than they should have. Thompson, Bijan, Wiley, etc. It's not always cut and dried. A player may be a play-maker in the comfy confines of practice but have terrible nerves in game environments. Coaches have to be able to evaluate personalities in addition to athleticism. 

This old "he has to earn it" mentality is dogmatic and masturbatory. If a coach picks a guy (regardless of the circumstances) and he proves it on game day, no one is going to second-guess him.

lol wut. Are you talking about Jared Wiley? 

8 hours ago, lazygringo said:

A lot to unpack here.

1) Your example for the best players not starting is two mediocre players from one of our worse seasons in school history who transferred because we brought in better players to replace them. Everyone last year swore on their life that Andrej Karic was 10x better than Denzel Okafor and that the coaches were stupid and then Okafor gets hurt and Karic comes in and we saw why he wasn’t playing.

2) I dare you to try to run a football team where practice doesn’t matter. “He has to earn it” is a thing at every school around the country and it’s a hilarious you think Texas is the only place it happens at. 

3) Our 9.95ers don’t make playing time decisions, they report what they hear. I could do without some of the agenda pushing but for the most part they are at the mercy of what they are being told. Yes, Ian Boyd has taken things too far with Card but you need to learn to separate opinions from reporting. Just because a 9.95er is reporting something that doesn’t line up with your personal opinion or what you want to hear doesn’t mean it’s not true.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Nahlin Practice Notes

Tuesday brought with it practice No. 4. Here are a few belated notes for you guys to chew on.

Wednesday was an off day. Off days consist of a morning lift then meetings and walk-through featuring corrections from the previous practice.

Joe had mentioned after the window he was able to watch Gary Patterson was quite vocal. A source says he provides great clarity and “you can tell there isn’t anything he hasn’t seen before. He knows how to make quick corrections in a way that’s easy to understand.”

QB’s and receivers had a strong practice. Both quarterbacks had a better completion percentage than previously. Less balls overall hitting the ground. Maybe they take a step backward tomorrow, but Tuesday was a step forward. 

Receivers were rotating fast and getting lots of reps. They’re also improving and getting more comfortable moving around and playing different positions. Sark seems to be using guys with versatility at all three spots.
Linebackers are playing hard, hitting, catching picks. Overall football IQ seems to have improved. They look different than last year. Better communication
.” I don’t feel super great about reporting that but it’s a legitimate quote. For now, I’ll proceed with caution but it seems like a positive step. 

In addition to playing Will LB, DeMarvion Overshown is working at Sam LB when the nickel comes off. That brings David Gbenda on to the field to play Will. IT believes Ovie Oghoufo is still the starting Sam LB but don’t quote us on that yet.

Jaylan Ford is doing well. Jaden Hullaby has been improving, certainly over last year. Devin Richardson wasn’t mentioned. Overall, sounds like the group is processing faster. IT was also told these guys are looking better in pass coverage.

A couple of solid O-line notes. Upon moving to offensive line Kyle Flood has thrown Sawyer Goram-Welch into the fire by starting him off at center. His head is swimming but he has a chance to become a player on the O-line. The comparisons we’ve made between Cole Hutson and Hayden Conner seem to have merit. Hutson will play as a true freshman if he continues his same trajectory and doesn’t get hurt. That’s not saying he’ll start, mind you, but there are good early returns on the big boy. He’s a guard.

Suspicious Weighing Options GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, I mean true freshman facing a team that circled the game on the calendar and an offensive line that couldn’t block middle school kids is really a great testament.

Your take is stupid and you should feel stupid for posting it.

lol go back to the Lake Travis football site. He shit the bed against mighty Kansas too. Also, re: the bolded…

giphy.gif
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Everything I've read and watched, includes sources other that IT.

You realize sark doesn't let these knobs watch real practice right? Just warm ups basically. All they get fed is what the coaches want them to say. I'm guessing the coaches want to light a fire under their wonder boy QB

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

You realize sark doesn't let these knobs watch real practice right? Just warm ups basically. All they get fed is what the coaches want them to say. I'm guessing the coaches want to light a fire under their wonder boy QB

You do realize these knobs talk to people who do actually get to see the practice right? Im' just tired of people bitching about the decade of entitlement culture this program has perceived. Now it looks like the coach is forcing people to earn PT and people are bitching because the guy from last year that sucked is getting 1st run all 3 days into spring ball. It's fucking insanely stupid. JFC, people, let it play out, go have a drink and get some pussy. Bunch of bleeding vaginas in here already. Gonna drive me to jerking off.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

You people need to pour a drink and relax. Of fucking course Card looks better right now. He is talented kid that has an extra year in the system. Not to mention he isnt facing live bullets right now.  Ewers has 2 months. Feel free to bitch and moan if this is being reported in mid August. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

You do realize these knobs talk to people who do actually get to see the practice right? Im' just tired of people bitching about the decade of entitlement culture this program has perceived. Now it looks like the coach is forcing people to earn PT and people are bitching because the guy from last year that sucked is getting 1st run all 3 days into spring ball. It's fucking insanely stupid. JFC, people, let it play out, go have a drink and get some pussy. Bunch of bleeding vaginas in here already. Gonna drive me to jerking off.

You think anyone close enough to the organization and staff to watch practice is going to tell the truth to these bumblefucks? They're going to say what the staff wants them to say. It's all a symbiotic set up. Always has been. The coaches get out their propaganda and these con men get to make a living off naive idiots.  

If you goobers want to jerk off to propaganda go right ahead but for fuck's sake don't talk about it like it's fact. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

If you goobers want to jerk off to propaganda go right ahead but for fuck's sake don't talk about it like it's fact. 

You are just stirring the pot over nothing like usual. I haven't said anything to allude that I'm exited about anything. I'm trying to get everyone else to just breathe and let things happen so I'm essentially doing the exact opposite of what you accuse me of but whatever, you do you.

It's hilarious to see people be in denial about practice reports because what's reported doesn't line up with their opinions. If you want sunshine blown up your ass about every player go join TexAgs and read Billy Liucci's practice reports.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I'm sure the coaches don't remember Card looking great all spring and summer, only to treat us to "that" once the season started. I also bet they can't wait to see what Card looks like against Alabama.

jfc people need to get over the Alabama game. We are losing by 30 regardless of who starts at QB, LB, DC or water boy. If they start making decisions for or based off that one game then we should have fired all their asses after last season because that is beyond idiotic.

I know people can't accept what they saw at certain points last season from Card in his second career start but college football players are allowed to improve year over year. I know we aren't used to that here at Texas but it's allowed. I know that we as fans either crown someone who throw them into the scrap heap after their first few games because that's what we love to do. Maybe he sucks ass and Ewers runs away with it or maybe he turns the corner and it's a legit competition. Regardless, being in denial about a player performing better in practice is childish. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

That's a quality life motto. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

It's hilarious to see people be in denial about practice reports because what's reported doesn't line up with their opinions. If you want sunshine blown up your ass about every player go join TexAgs and read Billy Liucci's practice reports.

It's very simple math. If Ewers is actually completing roughly 75% of his passes during practice as has been reported (could be bullshit), then at some point he is going to pass Card once he learns the offense. Card doesn't have that in him. We won't see that during the spring, but once fall camp rolls around you will hear about the "light coming on" or some other bullshit and Ewers will separate. 

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

jfc people need to get over the Alabama game. We are losing by 30 regardless of who starts at QB, LB, DC or water boy.

And I've had enough of this sentiment. If nothing else I'd like to see a somewhat competitive game, vs. the UCLA 1997 game we could get if things go sideways. 

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

It's very simple math. If Ewers is actually completing roughly 75% of his passes during practice as has been reported (could be bullshit), then at some point he is going to pass Card once he learns the offense. Card doesn't have that in him. We won't see that during the spring, but once fall camp rolls around you will hear about the "light coming on" or some other bullshit and Ewers will separate. 

Every offseason I think we have reached the pinnacle of bullshit, but this whole “completion percentage at practice” concept may really take the cake.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

While I agree with the premise, a QB could check down every play and complete 80% of his passes.

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

And I've had enough of this sentiment. If nothing else I'd like to see a somewhat competitive game, vs. the UCLA 1997 game we could get if things go sideways. 

I would love to see a competitive game as well. But the coaches are not sitting in the meeting room saying "Could we see this guy beating Alabama?" as they are making personnel decisions.

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

I would love to see a competitive game as well. But the coaches are not sitting in the meeting room saying "Could we see this guy beating Alabama?" as they are making personnel decisions.

It might be a factor at the QB position, when one of your two potential starting QBs mentally shit the bed when faced with adversity last season. And shit it so fiercely, we immediately went to the back-up, and stuck with him even as he was injured and struggling. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Nope said:

Every offseason I think we have reached the pinnacle of bullshit, but this whole “completion percentage at practice” concept may really take the cake.

His 75 percent completion percentage against no defense is daunting to say the least. 

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It might be a factor at the QB position, when one of your two potential starting QBs mentally shit the bed when faced with adversity last season. And shit it so fiercely, we immediately went to the back-up, and stuck with him even as he was injured and struggling. 

But he's looking fantastic in 3 days of practice!

The dumb shit people pay for...

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

And shit it so fiercely, we immediately went to the back-up, and stuck with him even as he was injured and struggling. 

They pulled Thompson or had him split reps in 1/3rd of his starts and would have started Card against Kansas State if he didn't get hurt on the dirty late hit against WVU.

Yes, he shit the bed against Arkansas. No one is denying that. Is he the first QB in history to shit the bed in his first career road start in a hostile environment with a gameplan that was shit and a playcaller who admitted he prepared for a defense that Arkansas didn't run? 

I'm not saying he's starting this season and I'm not even saying he'll be a good player, but writing him off after 6 quarters of football (3 of which were pretty good) is just dumb.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

lol go back to the Lake Travis football site. He shit the bed against mighty Kansas too. Also, re: the bolded…

giphy.gif

I grew up in S. Florida you fucking moron.  I don't know or give a shit about high school football in that state or ours.  Take your moronic high school rivalry based on whatever stupid metric you think exists and shove it up your moronic ass.  

Or

I guess we should have shitcanned Michael Dickson as well because he kind of sucked in his first year here.   

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

I grew up in S. Florida you fucking moron.  I don't know or give a shit about high school football in that state or ours.  Take your moronic high school rivalry based on whatever stupid metric you think exists and shove it up your moronic ass.  

Or

I guess we should have shitcanned Michael Dickson as well because he kind of sucked in his first year here.   

Hmm, I don't remember Dickson being so scared to punt a ball he literally shit his pants in a game. 

I remember him booming the shit out of kicks from the go just sometimes they weren't controlled. 

I'm excited for the WR group. I'm anxious to see QE perform. The RB room may be one of the best in the country but need blocking. On paper the DT position looks solid and CB should see a big improvement. The rest of the defense is in question. FYI, I came to none of these conclusions from 3 days worth of practice reports.

14 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

They pulled Thompson or had him split reps in 1/3rd of his starts and would have started Card against Kansas State if he didn't get hurt on the dirty late hit against WVU.

Yes, he shit the bed against Arkansas. No one is denying that. Is he the first QB in history to shit the bed in his first career road start in a hostile environment with a gameplan that was shit and a playcaller who admitted he prepared for a defense that Arkansas didn't run? 

I'm not saying he's starting this season and I'm not even saying he'll be a good player, but writing him off after 6 quarters of football (3 of which were pretty good) is just dumb.

He didn’t just shit the bed.  He legendarily took one of the grossest shits of all time on national tv.  He snuck into his girlfriend’s house, set up a camera, charmed the panties off her, started to try to bang her, and then shat all over her parents’ bed for 2 hours while crying and mumbling about how big his shits are.  Then he sat to the side and ate his own shit while some other dude banged his girlfriend in the pile of shit that was on the bed.  All on national tv.  If he comes back from that epic bedshitting, I along with most people, will be surprised.

Edited by Darth Tron
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

They get the bulk of their practice info from non-coaches 

Edited by Fud

Yeah I really dont give a fuck what Card does in practice.  The only reason Card should start would be to shield Ewers from Bama and then let him take over after that.  Otherwise, roll with Ewers.  Going with card = the fanbase will be divided and every little mistake Card makes will be scrutinized endlessly.  I can already hear the "WE WANT EWERS" chants.

Edited by DiceHands
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Hmm, I don't remember Dickson being so scared to punt a ball he literally shit his pants in a game. 

I remember him booming the shit out of kicks from the go just sometimes they weren't controlled. 

Also pretty insane that Dickson taking the field against Notre Dame was his first time ever playing in an organized football game. He was essentially learning the game as he went, and was a quick study 

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic