2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, WBT said:

Abreu in.  Meh, I'd rather let Brown finish it and give Abreu/Montero/Pressly the night off.

They have had 3 days off. I’d prefer Brown too bc I’d rather keep them from seeing our best relievers and I’d like to have Brown ready to rip in game 7, but there’s also the argument that those guys don’t like going 4 days without throwing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

They have had 3 days off. I’d prefer Brown too bc I’d rather keep them from seeing our best relievers and I’d like to have Brown ready to rip in game 7, but there’s also the argument that those guys don’t like going 4 days without throwing

Yeah, that's true.  My thought is more about limiting the number of looks their hitters get off of our 1-inning guys.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

No

if he walks JT and Harper finally gets on a tiring fastball up in the zone and it’s 5-2 y’all would have lost it 

No strikeouts in the 6th and 3 groundballs off of the fastball, so they were starting to get on top of it.  In some ways I'm still old school enough to say you let him go after the no-no but that doesn't even happen in the regular season even more.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, wood said:

Correct me if I missed it, but even idiot Smoltz has the common sense not to bring up the pitching line.

man i don't a fuckin shit about none of that stuff right now

it's the motherfucking World Series. I will happily break every superstition about that if it brings home the W.