Jump to content

NBA Playoffs 2022


Vic Mackey

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I think the uncalled  "mugging" is largely in the heads of opposing fans because of who he is. He doesn't get away with any more live ball fouls than the next guy. And he certainly didn't require uncalled fouls to be great.

Go watch the Nuggets-Warriors series again.  Draymond should have fouled out of every game by halftime.  He definitely requires uncalled fouls to be great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

Go watch the Nuggets-Warriors series again.  Draymond should have fouled out of every game by halftime.  He definitely requires uncalled fouls to be great.

Seth Meyers Ok GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

Lulz.  Did you even watch it the first time?

Yes. And I can comfortably say that you're coming at this with some slight biases and preformed opinions. You're wrong on this one, but I understand your frustration. It's okay. Denver will be deadly next year with Murray back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yes. And I can comfortably say that you're coming at this with some slight biases and preformed opinions. You're wrong on this one, but I understand your frustration. It's okay. Denver will be deadly next year with Murray back.

On a separate note, is Jokic the most disrespected (by the officials) MVP in NBA history?  Dude puts up numbers we've never seen before and he's still only shooting 6 free throws a game.  Meanwhile you've got Embiid and Giannis going to the line 11-12 times per game.  James fucking Harden gets 8 FTs a game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

On a separate note, is Jokic the most disrespected (by the officials) MVP in NBA history?  Dude puts up numbers we've never seen before and he's still only shooting 6 free throws a game.  Meanwhile you've got Embiid and Giannis going to the line 11-12 times per game.  James fucking Harden gets 8 FTs a game.

That's probably the bigger part of it. Slow, "fat", relatively unathletic big is a tough gig in the NBA, even as a superstar. Pretty much free reign to be physical and chippy. He's not going to get the ticky tack stuff that even fellow bigs like Embiid get. Maybe he should fall down more?

Edited by aggie08
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Go watch the Nuggets-Warriors series again.  Draymond should have fouled out of every game by halftime.  He definitely requires uncalled fouls to be great.

This is a dumb take

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

That's probably the bigger part of it. Slow, "fat", relatively unathletic big is a tough gig in the NBA, even as a superstar. Pretty much free reign to be physical and chippy. He's not going to get the ticky tack stuff that even fellow bigs like Embiid get. Maybe he should fall down more?

Fucking Rudy Gobert shoots more FTs than Jokic.  Rudy Gobert!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

That's probably the bigger part of it. Slow, "fat", relatively unathletic big is a tough gig in the NBA, even as a superstar. He's not going to get the ticky tack stuff that even fellow bigs like Embiid get. Maybe he should fall down more?

I think that’s part of it. He also takes a relatively lower percentage of his touches in the paint compared to other bigs. He’s about 8% paint touches, Embiid is slightly lower also at 7%. Giannis is 11%. The bigger thing to me is that he has 100 touches per game but only averages 6 FTs. I don’t care where you are touching the ball, if you’re that involved, you’re getting fouled more than 6 FTs per

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Fucking Rudy Gobert shoots more FTs than Jokic.  Rudy Gobert!

Gobert is 2nd in the league in paint touches per game so that one isn’t that surprising despite his offensive ineptitude. He also shoots 65% from the line so there’s no reason not to just foul him if he gets the ball down low.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Go watch the Nuggets-Warriors series again.  Draymond should have fouled out of every game by halftime.  He definitely requires uncalled fouls to be great.

So an unheralded, undersized prospect drafted in the back half of the second round only became a great defender because he got star treatment from the officials? 

When did the shot callers running the NBRA get together and decide to pluck this random player out of obscurity and play starmaker with him? Because I assume it had to be before he anchored a top defense for a team that had one of the best seasons in NBA history.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

So an unheralded, undersized prospect drafted in the back half of the second round only became a great defender because he got star treatment from the officials? 

When did the shot callers running the NBRA get together and decide to pluck this random player out of obscurity and play starmaker with him? Because I assume it had to be before he anchored a top defense for a team that had one of the best seasons in NBA history.

He's a very good defender, but the preferential treatment is what takes him to the supposed 'great' level.  I say supposed because, as mentioned above, Jokic put up 31 ppg on him in the series.

 

And again, I don't blame Draymond, I blame the officials for letting him get away with it.  He does it so much that they can't call it every time (even though they should, IMO), so he gets away with a lot more than most.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

That's probably the bigger part of it. Slow, "fat", relatively unathletic big is a tough gig in the NBA, even as a superstar. Pretty much free reign to be physical and chippy. He's not going to get the ticky tack stuff that even fellow bigs like Embiid get. Maybe he should fall down more?

I'm not even talking about ticky tack stuff.  He gets the shit beat out of him on a nightly basis and only gets to the line 6 times a game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

He's a very good defender, but the preferential treatment is what takes him to the supposed 'great' level.  I say supposed because, as mentioned above, Jokic put up 31 ppg on him in the series.

About that...

Quote

When defended by Green, Jokic is shooting 32 percent. He's 9-for-32, has missed all eight of his 3-point attempts, only has three assists when guarded by him and has turned the ball over three times. Jokic is a minus-45, Green is a plus-41. 

That was through 3 games. Jokic did have some amazing games to finish off the series--after it was already decided--punking everyone who tried to guard him. Great offense ultimately beating great defense has been the story in the NBA forever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

No of this has to do with my point that draymond is a fucking bitch and the mavs fans will wish they had a extra 7 games with the suns and bookers whiny face than draymond yelling at refs direction all game and not getting what he deserves which is a T. 

Don’t worry, Yao and TMac will be healthy next year.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't truly care that much about Draymond specifically but he is emblematic of what I think is the single greatest problem with the NBA and perhaps all of sport. When refs selectively enforce rules then you don't actually have rules. You have arbitrary decisions by individuals incapable of escaping implicit biases. Now you have a competition in which some competitors may be more or less favored on arbitrary dates but arbitrary circumstances that have nothing to do with their skill. It borderline ruins the game and Draymond and Pat Bev are the Mount Rushmore of guys benefiting from it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, aggie08 said:

This is such a weird take to me. Was MJ "shitty" for knowing how to sneak in a subtle shove? Who are these great sportsman who would never dream of bending the rules?

Jack Nicklaus.  Tom Watson.  Not Gary Player.  That's all I got man. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Get your 4th booster amirite!

If you feel the need to be a crisis actor we have a place for that.  They’re not testing everyone  anymore.  If he was tested, there was a medical reason for doing the test.  Not sure why that is difficult to understand.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Couple notes I saw:

1. Only #1 overall pick left in the playoffs is Wiggins and he's like the 5th best player on his own team. Only 2nd overall picks left are James Wiseman (injured) and Victor Oladipo (bench player). 

2. All four remaining teams ranked in the top 7 in defensive rating this year. If the Suns won Game 7 it would be all four of the top teams. 1- Celtics 2- Warriors 3- Suns 4- Heat 7- Mavs

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Couple notes I saw:

1. Only #1 overall pick left in the playoffs is Wiggins and he's like the 5th best player on his own team. Only 2nd overall picks left are James Wiseman (injured) and Victor Oladipo (bench player). 

2. All four remaining teams ranked in the top 7 in defensive rating this year. If the Suns won Game 7 it would be all four of the top teams. 1- Celtics 2- Warriors 3- Suns 4- Heat 7- Mavs

 

So weird how the common perception is that no one plays defense in the NBA anymore when, year after year, it's the best defensive teams competing for a title. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...