Maybe this is why there is so much CC fraud, Chase thinks its totally cool a single CC just added SEVENTY authorized users to it

AUS-97HORN

Its a video  report, but the basics are right there

lady gets 70 new CC in her mail in 1 day each with her account number but 70 other names.

Chase says someone added the names in March.

Chase says they allow customers to easily add additional users "for their convenience"

and hey, 70 new users.... no reason to even bother red flagging that shit.... send em out !!!!!!!

https://abc7.com/chase-bank-scam-credit-card-fraud-unauthorized-users/11760381/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Meanwhile I can't go a mile outside of my 'home' area without my debit card getting turned off to prevent fraud.

Nothing like going on your first trip with a new girl and having your card declined because of unusual activity.  10 minuted and a phone call later it’s fine, but “sir, I’m sorry, your card has been declined” is a real mood killer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, deadshank said:

You think a declined crederrick card is a mood killer?  Do what a cheapskate buddy of mine did when he finally took out a very pretty female friend of mine.  Use a BOGO coupon on the first date.  Needless to say, he didn't score that night or ever with her.   

When I ran into her she went on an epic and hilarious rant.

Yes.  My friend with the BOGO coupon is aggy.  What a ridiculous dude.

Do they have BOGOs at strip joints?

Asking for a friend.

I very recently upgraded my Citibank card. 

I received the new card on Thursday 4/7. One week later, last Thursday 4/14, I was driving home and got a text asking if I had just purchased $125 at a Sunoco Station in Kyle, TX. 

I immediately pulled into a gas station at MOPAC/Braker to reply to them that I had not. I walked into the store and tried to buy a drink and my card was declined.

Get home and call Citi and have to cancel my brand new card and send another. Now I am waiting for the second one so I can go swap in the new number into the 13 places that I auto pay through.

One gotdamn week. Sonofabitch.

It was either a skimmer at the ghetto gas station across 71 from ABIA or the beer cart girl's iPad at Kissing Tree Golf Course in San Marcos.

5 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Its a video  report, but the basics are right there

lady gets 70 new CC in her mail in 1 day each with her account number but 70 other names.

Chase says someone added the names in March.

Chase says they allow customers to easily add additional users "for their convenience"

and hey, 70 new users.... no reason to even bother red flagging that shit.... send em out !!!!!!!

https://abc7.com/chase-bank-scam-credit-card-fraud-unauthorized-users/11760381/

Why do you hate Mormon families having use of their father’s credit card?

16 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I received the new card on Thursday 4/7. One week later, last Thursday 4/14, I was driving home and got a text asking if I had just purchased $125 at a Sunoco Station in Kyle, TX. 

I immediately pulled into a gas station at MOPAC/Braker to reply to them that I had not. I walked into the store and tried to buy a drink and my card was declined.

Get home and call Citi and have to cancel my brand new card and send another. Now I am waiting for the second one so I can go swap in the new number into the 13 places that I auto pay through.

It was either a skimmer at the ghetto gas station across 71 from ABIA or the beer cart girl's iPad at Kissing Tree Golf Course in San Marcos.

I've got a citi card - they have nice integrations with ApplePay/Google Wallet/SamsungPay so that if your card does get skimmed and they issue you a new one, your virtual card updates automatically. It's saved my bacon a couple times

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

As big of a PITA that is, it is really nice that Citi has such an active fraud department. I have learned that if I go to new areas, I make sure I take my phone into the store with me. I cant tell you how many times I have had my card declined, then told the cashier to wait one second, bing along comes a text so I can verify and go on with my life.  Because of the autopay deal, I now have an autopay card that sits in a file at my house and then my everyday use card. Fuck changing that info every few months.

Also what Captainant said. That is a great deal.

Edited by HOOKEM4
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

As big of a PITA that is, it is really nice that Citi has such an active fraud department. I have learned that if I go to new areas, I make sure I take my phone into the store with me. I cant tell you how many times I have had my card declined, then told the cashier to wait one second, bing along comes a text so I can verify and go on with my life.  Because of the autopay deal, I now have an autopay card that sits in a file at my house and then my everyday use card. Fuck changing that info every few months.
Also what Captainant said. That is a great deal.
I learned the phone lesson as well. Also to not block numbers that are not in my phonebook when traveling.

6 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Nothing like going on your first trip with a new girl and having your card declined because of unusual activity.  10 minuted and a phone call later it’s fine, but “sir, I’m sorry, your card has been declined” is a real mood killer.

that is when you find out what you are working with. if she says "that's ok, here's my card", she has potential.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I just want to say I’m on the side of the guy who used a BOGO coupon on a first date and not the stuck up girl who can’t appreciate a frugal partner.  Also, my thoughts on this matter may or may not be influenced by the amount of purchases my wife made on our AMEX last month.

Using a BOGO is fine with me; the even more pro move would be to get her to pay for the "buy one" part.

Yeah I'm still single why do you ask?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

Woke up this morning to 5 emails from BoA verifying and confirming a checking account opened in my name at 5am. Called them and got it shut down as it had 0 balance. 

Idiots used my name and SS#, but were too stupid to use a dummy email address so I wouldn't notice immediately. 

The only black mark on my credit right now, is a $6600ish Chase card I never received a bill for. They won't tell me what was charged, or where, so I told them to pound sand. It happened in the last year, and I have not applied for a credit card in over two years.

CHIEF

lock your credit. this will prevent anyone from doing anything. only temp open the credit when you are applying for something, and even then, ask which bureau they use for the credit check and then only open that bureau for the check.

the only bureau that makes it a pain to open and close is Equifax. but they are the same assholes who had that massive breach and no penalties came of it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

I use one card for recurring auto payments and another one for daily purchases. Much less of a pain when the daily card inevitably gets flagged for fraud.

My ATM card has been compromised twice in the past six months and I never really even use it. No idea how they're getting that number.