Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

3 hours ago, immamac said:

The best part of the big move is all the media Texas haters crying..  Chuck from the DMN, Bohls who’s only accomplishment in life has been shitting on the home town University.  Kirk you’re not a contrarian your just a lousy sports reporter with a really bad Schlick!

and let’s not forgot our commissioner who slept though 6 months of folks taking his top 2 teams…

Big 12 always was a joke, is a joke, and will only be remembered at a joke…

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, General Specific said:

She sure was acute thought!

And had some nice alternate interior angles?

Are you people engineers?  I didn't remember a thing about geometry (except for the cute girl who sat behind me) until I had to relearn to help my daughter pass it in HS.

7 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

This was, unfortunately, chopped from the above tweet.

image.png.bc9e64c5039142278a2705bd3b9ad831.png

I would’ve thought Pig, Cajun, and Mizzery would be the targets of their scorn.  Those three schools had a semi-plausible reason for voting against the admission of UT and OU.  Bama, Florida, and Georgia get a great road trip every so often and the added prestige to their conference.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

That gif is painful today...  RIP Dusty 🙏🙏🙏

RIP Dusty.  We have a realignment of the stars.

He was in the restaurant with us when I proposed to my wife.

No he did not come over and sing "Sharp Dressed Man."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Cool as fuck. Not for nothing but I’ve been listening to ZZ Top a lot today. Cranked it up to 11 when the news broke that we were SEC official.

Slight O/T Billy Gibbons goes to my dentist. Crazy stuff to see that guy sitting in the waiting room with the rest of us plebeians.

As much as I can BS online I had nothing. Not even a “hey.” Felt dumb…tried to act like I didn’t know who he was. He looked over at me a smiled and said, “sure is a nice day today.” Then they called for him for his appointment.

RIP Dusty. Damn.

I am still trying to process going to the SEC. 🤘🏼

4E9BE332-550D-4C54-829F-41164E8C3440.gif

Had a HS teacher (biology, not geometry) who knew the band.  Told how one day he had tickets for a concert.  Couldn't get anyone to take them.  Just before they hit it big, nobody would take free ZZTop tickets.

8 minutes ago, Native Texas said:

The best part of the big move is all the media Texas haters crying..  Chuck from the DMN, Bohls who’s only accomplishment in life has been shitting on the home town University.  Kirk you’re not a contrarian your just a lousy sports reporter with a really bad Schlick!

and let’s not forgot our commissioner who slept though 6 months of folks taking his top 2 teams…

Big 12 always was a joke, is a joke, and will only be remembered at a joke…

It really is amazing when you think about it. The big 12 seems to have zero plan for this after we flirted with the Pac 10 years ago. They've had 10 years to do something, but they're caught totally unaware and it's pretty telling about the leadership

7 minutes ago, bullet said:

Had a HS teacher (biology, not geometry) who knew the band.  Told how one day he had tickets for a concert.  Couldn't get anyone to take them.  Just before they hit it big, nobody would take free ZZTop tickets.

Got a friend that was at a "backyard b-day party" in Waco 1970....they played for it

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Royale with cheese said:

You mean to tell me that that worthless cocksucker has been at the Austin American-Communist since '94? Maybe even before that? That's at least 27 years of being so fucking worthless he couldn't find a better job. With newspapers dying all around us, how can this no-talent bastard even keep getting a paycheck? There's truly no justice in this world.

1973. 48 years. Right outta UT to the AAS. I guess it's the only job he's ever had.

• Rage+1 1

On 7/27/2021 at 8:24 AM, Randolph Duke said:

The list of aggy dumbfuckery is so long, where does one start responding?

"Not a branch of UT"

"Highly esteemed military academy"

"Wealthiest public university in the world"

"Just like UT Austin"

"Multiple national championships"

"More officers during WWII than Annapolis and West Point combined"

"Only aggys ever have served their country"

"The finest fans in all college sports"

"Solved the mystery of alchemy"

"Perfected cold fusion"

"50 million doses of vaccine delivered within twelve weeks in case of flu pandemic"

That people can't see through the pure aggy bullshit amazes me. What would you have someone from the university say to begin trying to explain to people what they choose not to even try to verify for themselves.

At some point, you have to accept ignorant people will go through life believing in fairy tales.

It's not that people can't see through their shit, it's just that they are so irrelevant that no one as a whole pays them any attention, other than those of us who have their B.S. shoved in our face continually.  Other than that the world doesn't even know that they exist.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, orangebird said:

Hey I'm (sorta) old and I haven't subbed to a newspaper in 10 years.  I kinda do miss the Sunday funnies, but most of my favorite cartoonists either died off or quit the biz.

I’m close to 50 and I think I got rid of home delivery of my paper about six years ago.  I had kids in sports and was kind of old school about cutting  articles and stuff like that for keepsakes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Maybe when aggy went to go see Governor Abbot they were wanting to find out about the border wall he was building.  They're going to try to build a conference border wall North and West of College Station.  Or knowing aggy, it will probably be built South and East of College Station.

3 minutes ago, bullet said:

Maybe when aggy went to go see Governor Abbot they were wanting to find out about the border wall he was building.  They're going to try to build a conference border wall North and West of College Station.  Or knowing aggy, it will probably be built South and East of College Station.

Knowing aggy it will fall down.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Your very first post on Surly is to ask who that actress is?    Well done....welcome aboard!

Yah actually that is a weird look now that I think about it, but it really was a good gif.

Long time lurker and the SEC news prompted my registration.   Oh that and asking about that lady.

1 minute ago, touchthemonolith said:

Who needs lawyers when you have random jackasses on Baylor forums who googled the elements of tortious interference.

If there is one thing I trust the UT athletic department to do, it would be that they cover their asses legally on something like this. 

16 minutes ago, midtown said:

I will absolutely not miss a single coat tail we are leaving behind with a slight nod to osu. At least they fucked with ou and gundy was damn entertaining. Otherwise fuck off

Fuck OSU, the number of times they could have done us a solid and beat OU and flipped the Big 12 conference championship picture only to come up with a loss every fucking time. Bunch of loser chumps.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, Asu2215 said:

Some key excerpts:

...CBS Sports spoke with several high-profile administrators who will have a direct hand in the discussions. Their conclusion is that the entire proposed structure and access to the CFP must be reevaluated as a result of forthcoming conference realignment as triggered by the moves of Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC...

...The 10 FBS commissioners are due to meet with the CFP Board of Managers (conference presidents) regarding expansion in September. The goal is to summarize findings after in-depth talks with athletes, coaches and administrators on their campuses. That's the next step toward finalizing a 12-team structure...

...However, more than one Power Five source told CBS Sports that the September date could be pushed back because of the SEC's actions. Complicating matters is Bowlsby's assertion that ESPN conspired with Texas, Oklahoma and the American Athletic Conference to take down his conference in realignment...

...Per the CFP, it would take a unanimous vote of the conferences to approve playoff expansion. Could one conference refusing to play along scuttle the entire plan?

"We mange (sic, lulz) by unanimous consent, but it isn't going to fall apart on that basis, I don't think," Bowlsby said. "I don't think people want to have a situation where most of the strength is in one area..."

..."It just feels uneasy relative to the 12 [teams]," Kliavkoff told CBS Sports. "I'm assuming my colleagues, nationally, this is a reason to pause on the 12. We need to pause..."

...With so much happening, more and more administrators in power are now asking: Why wouldn't the CFP wait and go on the open market to maximize the value of product after the 2025 season? That's when the current deal with ESPN ends. ESPN has exclusive negotiating rights with the CFP until then...

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TShirtFan said:

Yah actually that is a weird look now that I think about it, but it really was a good gif.

Long time lurker and the SEC news prompted my registration.   Oh that and asking about that lady.

Amber Heard is smoking hot. That was a fantastic first post.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

29 minutes ago, Asu2215 said:

Brilliant idea. Make sure your conference usually doesn't have a team in the CFP instead of always having at least one. 

2 SEC teams, Big 10 champ, ACC champ will be the situation more often than not if they don't expand and there are no other changes. The Pac-12, making themselves more irrelevant one decision at a time. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2