2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Eric (IT) confirms that Prather is one of the WR's they've been waiting on to enter the portal.  Says that Texas has interest, question is how much interest in Texas Prather has.  Believes Texas can make him interested if he's who they want.

I just looked up WVU's 2022 team stats and Prather only averaged 9 YPC for the who season. I can why @closetojumping was unimpressed with him.

• Fuck You 1

There's a big wave of transfers expected after the bowl games. Texas thinks they're positioned well with their guys and that they're going to be able to land some key guys at that point, to boot. 

ATM players have nothing left to wait for, so if they're not in the portal, it comes down to the coaching staff changes. Landing Owens shows that Fisher isn't changing any strategy with personnel management - he's fine with mercenaries. They're not going to be as attractive as they think they are in the portal. Everybody will be offering significant NIL opportunities to true difference makers. Depth issues plus their lack of research and ignorance around the portal process inclines folks to think there's a shot they have to reach a lot more than they'd like when it is all said and done. That doesn't mean they won't also land some high quality along with it.

More than most places, that two week transfer period in the spring is going to loom like a sword of damocles over the ATM program's head. Whatever changes Fisher is allegedly implementing, a lot of these guys are expecting to see it during their spring workouts. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

15 Scholarship OL heading into next year by my count. We won’t have any issues playing the spring game this year.

RS junior- Majors

Junior- Conner

RS sophomore- Merril

Sophomore- Banks, Williams, Hutson, Campbell

RS freshman- Robertson, Agbo, Neto

Freshman- Stroh, Chatman, Kirkland, Cojoe, Goosby

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

15 Scholarship OL heading into next year by my count. We won’t have any issues playing the spring game this year.

RS junior- Majors

Junior- Conner

RS sophomore- Merril

Sophomore- Banks, Williams, Hutson, Campbell

RS freshman- Robertson, Agbo, Neto

Freshman- Stroh, Chatman, Kirkland, Cojoe, Goosby

Did Goram-Welch go back to defense?

Yep. We'll have 14 OL available for spring unless something changes. It'll be interesting to see who else gets cross trained at center in the spring. Right now, I see two guys left who have been trained there and we have lost two other guys that have gotten a good amount of practice reps there in Angilau and Parr.

My money is on Hutson. 

17 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Yep. We'll have 14 OL available for spring unless something changes. It'll be interesting to see who else gets cross trained at center in the spring. Right now, I see two guys left who have been trained there and we have lost two other guys that have gotten a good amount of practice reps there in Angilau and Parr.

My money is on Hutson. 

Robertson also.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Oh come the fuck on. That comparison is absurd. 

Actually, yeah, I hope he and y’all do think that. 

Well, he’s gonna play the cheetah position replacing deshaun white, so all he has to do is move better than a mailbox for improvement. 

11 minutes ago, Constant said:

Well, he’s gonna play the cheetah position replacing deshaun white, so all he has to do is move better than a mailbox for improvement. 

Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chili of the holiday air, and an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer. 

If you dent your head then your hair just won’t look right, am I right? Lol 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chili of the holiday air, and an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer. 

If you dent your head then your hair just won’t look right, am I right? Lol 

9pm is a decent time to hit the pipe, I guess. All good with me cousin Eddy.

• Haha 1

Watching this OB Monday night livestream. Ketch says don't expect UT to be more active in the Portal until after NSD1, especially in January, because the UT staff doesn't want to ruffle feathers with their H.S. commits & targets who might feel some type of way about UT bringing in portal guys who play their same position.

• Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Watching this OB Monday night livestream. Ketch says don't expect UT to be more active in the Portal until after NSD1, especially in January, because the UT staff doesn't want to ruffle feathers with their H.S. commits & targets who might feel some type of way about UT bringing in portal guys who play their same position.

image.gif.9f75b4d05d502d50fab7578158b71a89.gif

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

The kid is a nut job, usc and Miami are straight bags of cash again. Cal and Michigan state are him probably just playing games to be funny. This portal world is going to ruin college football. 

Michigan State has plenty of NIL money. That's Dan Gilbert if I am remembering the correct billionaire.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, tokamak said:

Is Angilau not 100% healthy? I thought we had him penciled in as a starting G next year. Would have thought he could beat out Hutson and/or Conner.

He walked on Senior Day, I believe. Looks like the draft grade didn’t materialize and he wants a sure shot to start. I don’t think that was assured at Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He walked on Senior Day, I believe. Looks like the draft grade didn’t materialize and he wants a sure shot to start. I don’t think that was assured at Texas. 

Feels like he should have a decent enough shot here, though.  I mean he certainly would have helped this year. 

I guess it's not ideal for an OL to see how things shake out in spring ball, and if his injury is lingering, that changes the math.

6 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Feels like he should have a decent enough shot here, though.  I mean he certainly would have helped this year. 

I guess it's not ideal for an OL to see how things shake out in spring ball, and if his injury is lingering, that changes the math.

Also, he's no longer a Junior.

3 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

We did, and it's almost like the coaches don't give a fuck about our recommendations.

I dont know if any one had him penciled in at Guard. Likely starter at center or guard, but nothing set in stone. Either a starter or really good depth

Nahlin (IT) had a report out this morning on a few of the portal targets:

Kaden Prather WR - West Virginia

Texas hasn't reached out yet, and there is a question as to how long they wait before they get involved (if at all).  Prather will be in demand.  

Tre Harris WR - LA Tech

Texas has been in communication with the 6'2" WR out of Louisiana.  Allegedly is Brandon Harris' cousin.  Questions as to how hard Texas will push.

Antavious Lane DB - Georgia State

Nahlin thinks he is a better athlete and option than the New Mexico freshman AA Adari, though neither are ideal for D1.  11 ints in 4 years, Texas safeties accounted for 0 this season.  There is one potential DB from the region who Texas may be waiting on - but if he does enter will be in high demand. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Antavious Lane DB - Georgia State

Nahlin thinks he is a better athlete and option than the New Mexico freshman AA Adari, though neither are ideal for D1.  11 ints in 4 years, Texas safeties accounted for 0 this season.  There is one potential DB from the region who Texas may be waiting on - but if he does enter will be in high demand. 

So first we have to wait to see if he enters the portal and then we have to outbid a bunch of other schools? I don't like our odds.

Obligatory

Never-tell GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY