2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

33 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

I mean, in my field, it doesn't matter. That was kind of my point. Man in the arena and what not.

In most instances it doesn't matter, but sometimes it does, and it's really nice to have it when you need it. There's good reasons some don't make it at more prestigious programs, and sometimes those reasons manifest themselves during trials/negotiations.

Back on track. Football is a sport The University of Texas participates in. 😁

Edited by Droopy
Reasons
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

I’ve seen it all. Now soulless, motherless, cock sucking lawyers are looking down on people from other industries. The next time I get a divorce or a car accident I will be sure to show you my McCombs degree so you can look down on me in air quotes while sucking the bottom of my shoes to bill me more hours. 

tell us how you really feel

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

wow.. what a bust.. he was heralded as the best punter that their famed punting Academy had seen.. same academy that Michal Dickson went to.

seemed to be awesome during warmups.. guess the lights were too bright for him

They can’t really simulate real game conditions at ProKick.  This is going to happen occasionally. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

wow.. what a bust.. he was heralded as the best punter that their famed punting Academy had seen.. same academy that Michal Dickson went to.

seemed to be awesome during warmups.. guess the lights were too bright for him

Sad… Hope he picks up another scholarship elsewhere — he had an interesting path to CFB.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I’ve seen it all. Now soulless, motherless, cock sucking lawyers are looking down on people from other industries. The next time I get a divorce or a car accident I will be sure to show you my McCombs degree so you can look down on me in air quotes while sucking the bottom of my shoes to bill me more hours. 

Perfect description 😆🤘🤘🤘🤘

19 minutes ago, horny_gunman said:

Not to bag on when the point has been made, but anyone in the medical field in Texas who says this is lazy: either intentionally or because they assume they don’t care to know better. Most folks in the medical field in Texas know that the original name is UT Health Science Center of San Antonio and typically refer to it by its old acronym “UTHSCSA” (sounds like “you-tusk-a”).

Yes I’m an alum, yes I was there during the name change to “UT Health - San Antonio”. As I’ve stated before, I’m not a nurse, so yes I’m a poors.

- I’ll consider my rant completed-

Yep.  From my former and younger life as an Asst. Attorney General defending the Texas state medical schools in med mal actions, this representation is correct.  I wish there would have been plaintiff’s attorneys stupid enough to sue UTSA as the medical school because they would have sued the wrong school.  That said I heard the school referred to at UT San Antonio (the location of the med school as opposed to UTHSC Houston) for short but NOT as UTSA.  Big difference.

Edited by 89Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Not to bag on when the point has been made, but anyone in the medical field in Texas who says this is lazy: either intentionally or because they assume they don’t care to know better. Most folks in the medical field in Texas know that the original name is UT Health Science Center of San Antonio and typically refer to it by its old acronym “UTHSCSA” (sounds like “you-tusk-a”).

Yes I’m an alum, yes I was there during the name change to “UT Health - San Antonio”. As I’ve stated before, I’m not a nurse, so yes I’m a poors.

- I’ll consider my rant completed-

We called it U-suck-Sa.

Punter stuff about Sanborn

Named the first-team Pac-12 punter by PFF as a senior, Sanborn averaged 41.7 yards per punt with 20 of his 57 punts landing inside the 20-yard line and a long of 59 yards.

And while his yards per punt as a senior only ranked No. 63 nationally, Sanborn is extremely experienced, was slightly better than Trejo in 2022, and would serve as a stop gap while Banks identifies a more long-term solution at the position.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2022/12/9/23502491/ryan-sanborn-visit-texas-longhorns-stanford-cardinal-transfer

https://247sports.com/player/ryan-sanborn-46046733/

Sorry for an idiots question in this thread but are [typical] punters usually PWO's or scholarship?

Edited by ATXbronco