2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

1 hour ago, mr. sunshine said:

In the days before cellphones and the internet on signing day a district judge would ask me to periodically call the Statesman’s 800 number for updates and pass notes to the bench 

Hah man the year we signed all of those dudes from Grand Prarie (1994?) I was calling that number every 10 minutes the week leading up to signing day. I was also a faithful subscriber to Scarborough and Robert Heards faxes/newsletters…

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

ctj and I think Huck and others go back to before Hornfans and the old 360 days to Jerry Scarborough's fax service.

My first job out of school was copying Jerry’s fax sheet and distributing it along with the analysts’ morning notes.  So count me in the geezer squad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Katy banned my ass on Hornfans for posting a picture of a perfect pair of breasts that were flashed during during a football game in the very early 2000’s.

I mean … what else was the internet created for if it wasn’t for the twin pillars of civilization ..: boobies and football.

6472DE73-9269-4CF4-99F4-626A38A85C1E.gif

• Haha 1