Great Replacement Theory is no longer fringe, it’s mainstream

Satchel

I think there are some people on this board who have a fundamental misunderstanding of government assistance available in the United States.

No shit. I have family that needed to be on government assistance. They also needed financial help from my family and our parents.

But, hey, according to fatty, they were just lazy. No way could it could be anything else.

1 minute ago, Goofyboy said:

No shit. I have family that needed to be on government assistance. They also needed financial help from my family and our parents.

But, hey, according to fatty, they were just lazy. No way could it could be anything else.

I'm pretty sure he thinks people who don't work just get checks from Uncle Sam.

Lolwut?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I actually watched this the other night.  Lady who’s husband left and she didn’t pursue her split of the assets? San Diego, iirc.  San Diego. Best weather in the entire country. Known far and wide for its affordable living. 

Computer programmer guy “burned out” iirc.   As in, got tired of working. 

As to the first comment, the show was about poverty and how some people ended up in there, it was never going to dive deeply into each individual's case history.   

At 9:01 in the video it clearly discusses he was having medical issues including heart problems.   Why would you misrepresent what was explicitly stated?   

5 minutes ago, Nivek said:

At 9:01 in the video it clearly discusses he was having medical issues including heart problems.   Why would you misrepresent what was explicitly stated?   

Because I didn’t remember that. I did remember it discussing him “burning out” like oh, I don’t know, every fucking person with a stressful job does at some point.  Iirc, the heart shit started with stress after left work due to “burnout”.  I’ll watch it again sometime. 

• Fuck You 2

5 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m convinced.  No one has ever in the history of the program misused or received thru fraud welfare benefits.   Thank you for showing me the truth. 

So you went from this myth doesn't exist to that fraud doesn't exist?   This is just a reactionary bullshit post.   Why are you reverting back to troll level posting? 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Because I didn’t remember that. I did remember it discussing him “burning out” like oh, I don’t know, every fucking person with a stressful job does at some point.  Iirc, the heart shit started with stress after left work due to “burnout”.  I’ll watch it again sometime. 

No you won't.

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

What is clear is that you just made up a story and you really want to believe he just decided to quit his job and become homeless because he got lazy.  Even though you were corrected you still want to believe he is just a lazy worthless bum who wants handouts because he decided work was too stressful.   

A friend of mine did well for himself as a programmer.  He got sick and the disease kept him from working or holding a job.  It took 7 years and the help of attorneys to get on disability and the back pay.   He lived off of his savings during that time and fortunately had enough to buy a house outright for him and his mother who now takes care of him.   If you meet him on a good day you would never know he was ill.  Those days are fewer and fewer.    

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nivek said:

So you went from this myth doesn't exist to that fraud doesn't exist?   This is just a reactionary bullshit post.   Why are you reverting back to troll level posting? 

The “myth” is that there is fraud. Why you are being obtuse.  Or do you think it’s about that super specific example? 

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

No you won't.

I watched it before he linked it. Unless you are stating I’ll not change my stance. Then you might be correct.  

If it’s the same one I’m thinking of, there’s a guy who lives in a residence inn because no one will rent to him, even though he can afford it. They won’t rent to him because he has a history of not paying his rent.  But fuck those investors, amiright?

• Fuck You 2

54 minutes ago, Nivek said:

A friend of mine did well for himself as a programmer.  He got sick and the disease kept him from working or holding a job.  It took 7 years and the help of attorneys to get on disability and the back pay.   He lived off of his savings during that time and fortunately had enough to buy a house outright for him and his mother who now takes care of him.   If you meet him on a good day you would never know he was ill.  Those days are fewer and fewer.    

It's as if these dipshits think a $100K+ income is a guaranteed ticket to easy street.

I worked with a programmer type -- not my field, but part of our project -- who became more and more difficult to deal with, despite his genius.  Eventually, he blew his brains out, in his car, in a parking lot.  Yeah, he was on easy street.

27 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Just god damn dude.  You've been digging a whole for like 3 days.  Give it a rest.  

Oh, I don't know.  Seems to me Flattie has achieved his goal.  There's been little to no discussion of how the GQP has gone in on Replacement Theory for pages.

• Rage+1 1

Goddamit. Are y’all digging holes, wholes, or hulls? Get your shit straight and report back when you do.
Either way, none of it changes the fact that “replacement theory” is the central brand of the most watched voice in right wing media. Disclaiming Tucker’s cornerstone is like Dems disclaiming their complete inability to capitalize on GQP insanity.

To be fair, pretending Bill Clinton didn't sign Welfare Reform almost 3 decades ago and there is yet, STILL, lazy motherfuckers living the vida loca off the government is part and parcel of Replacement Theory. Welfare Reform II- Work More Hard Boogaloo will probably salve the GOP grievance addicts next time tho, like it did with health care reform and environmental policy. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I’d you can’t understand burnout and the very real health consequences that can arise as a result thereof, then it’s clear that you’ve never had a high-level or stressful job. You’re welcome that our taxes are subsidizing your apparent mediocrity.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 5/20/2022 at 10:23 PM, fattyflattie said:

I also see people who can’t afford gas for the week, or food for their kids spend $1500 to go see the Texans lose. POS neighborhoods with new SUVs lining the street.  People can’t manage their $$, news at 9.  Doesn’t mean we should give away money for existing. 

You’ve never seen anyone who can’t afford food spend $1500 on Texans tickets you fucking liar.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

@fattyflattie has it ever occurred to you that the current structure of social benefits is by design for the people at the very top of the “producer” ladder? That the programs exist so that they don’t have to pay a huge chunk of their workforce a decent wage, and then their workers higher up the food chain who pay income taxes subsidize that for them? Then they resent the people below them instead of the people at the top who pay less into the system? 

Our entire taxation system punishes people who actually provide useful inputs into the economy and rewards unproductive shuffling of money at the top. 

Exactly. I know where our family falls on this graph and it just drives me round the twist when others cannot see it. If it were not this way, we would not be seeing the large gap that has been increasing rapidly. The very top has their foot on the faces of the rest of our society and keep telling us to look down so we don't notice.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I wonder if people like fatty ever consider the potential repercussions of removing the meager social safety nets we currently have in place?

Crime would certainly increase -- people gotta eat, and if they don't have money for food, they'll steal the money or the food.  That's just human nature 101. Beyond that, there are real costs to high levels of untreated poverty.  Disease, mental health, urban decay, the list goes on.  I'm sure it's been studied ad nauseum, and it wouldn't shock me that our current spending levels actually represent something of a bargain.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I wonder if people like fatty ever consider the potential repercussions of removing the meager social safety nets we currently have in place?

Crime would certainly increase -- people gotta eat, and if they don't have money for food, they'll steal the money or the food.  That's just human nature 101. Beyond that, there are real costs to high levels of untreated poverty.  Disease, mental health, urban decay, the list goes on.  I'm sure it's been studied ad nauseum, and it wouldn't shock me that our current spending levels actually represent something of a bargain.

Repurcussions? That's too complicated and takes too long to think about.

When my family was in Sunday school as children, our minister made it clear that being poor was not sinful. The nature of Christianity (since the GOP apparently supports a white Christian nation) is to restore the balance of humanity--the rich are not to hoard, the poor are not to be shamed and cast aside. That this balance requires humanity to serve each other.

But many conservative websites use the Founding Father's views (complete with quotes) on poverty to rationalize that government social programs lead to entitlement and idleness. A little hard for to reconcile the discussions of those rich old men on the idle able-bodied poor knowing that many of them didn't release or pay their own slaves for their labor--even Jefferson couldn't because he was in debt. So, he advocated against slavery but if it kept him from being homeless, well--a guy has to eat, right? It's complicated but not really hard to see why we don't like to spend too much time thinking about it.

In internment and concentration camps, during genocides and other atrocities there were/are those who made or make sacrifices that another may live. Who give up their own chance of freedom or life or a little bit of time remaining with a loved one. We don't often hear their stories. They're dead. They are outnumbered by the ones who want us to forget that those brave men, women, and children truly understood what it means to be human on this pale blue dot.

Excerpt from The Pale Blue Dot:

"The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves."

One might ask, what about God? And faith? My answer (or rationalization as it were) is that the *phrase God helps those that help themselves is not actually in the Bible and if it were, given Jesus' teachings and the examples given of him--it would be patently obvious that themselves is meant to be all of us--humanity as a whole--and that we are to help each other, both as individuals and as a group. Having that faith means that I must have faith in myself to take the chance, to give of myself on behalf of another as if their life were equal to my own. As it should be.

*attributed to Benjamin Franklin and/or Algernon Sydney depending on the historian.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

The “myth” is that there is fraud. Why you are being obtuse.  Or do you think it’s about that super specific example? 

I watched it before he linked it. Unless you are stating I’ll not change my stance. Then you might be correct.  

If it’s the same one I’m thinking of, there’s a guy who lives in a residence inn because no one will rent to him, even though he can afford it. They won’t rent to him because he has a history of not paying his rent.  But fuck those investors, amiright?

BOLD: Now you are just being dishonest and shifting goal posts.  

10 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

It’s literally the first ailment they list. But sure, making it up. 

yes, they said he worked 50hrs/wk and suffered a "burnout as well as a series health problems including problems with his heart."   That is the exact quote and yet you choose to hear "burn out, lazy ass who didn't want to work and preferred to be homeless" and ignored everything else.   This is really quite interesting on how you naturally filter information that doesn't fit your preconceived ideology.    So yes, you chose to make up what the issue was and ran with that instead of listening to the whole thing.   But I guess it just mirrors the common phenomenon where people only read the headlines and ignore the article.    

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

This would be a good place to start for one to see how health and healthcare and lack thereof affects every part of one's existence, but I have completely gone off topic with respect to the GRT.

Our Malady by Timothy Snyder | Penguin Random House Audio

GRT and CRT--one seeks to open one's mind to society and it's potential to do better while the other seeks to close the mind to anything but one thought. Guess which is which?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

I get the impulse to try to educate fatty. It's common for liberal-leaning people to think that someone like him can't be this big of an asshole, they must simply be uninformed and not have much in the way of life experiences. That's indeed the case for some people and they can become better people through being exposed to a more diverse crowd with different backgrounds and perspectives that they can learn from. But most of those who are capable of learning and improving are young. 

Fatty? He's just a huge asshole. He's not misinformed. He just doesn't care about other people, except insofar as seeing other people eat and breathe and have shelter without sufficiently "earning it" enrages him.

Winner winner. He’s an inhumane piece of shit and he is happy about it

11 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Goddamit. Are y’all digging holes, wholes, or hulls? Get your shit straight and report back when you do.
Either way, none of it changes the fact that “replacement theory” is the central brand of the most watched voice in right wing media. Disclaiming Tucker’s cornerstone is like Dems disclaiming their complete inability to capitalize on GQP insanity.

Serious question, how do you suggest the dems capitalize? Seems anytime this shit gets called out it emboldens them and more of them pop up. It's a full on grievance culture that the majority of this country seems to accept. Did you see last week that Elon Musk, the richest man in the world with monumental influence over a bunch of people, said he was officially becoming a republican because the democrats were too divisive? Think about that, the right uses insults and demonizes anyone who is left of Mitch McConnell, usually through outright lies that are easily disproven, but if the left pushes back or even just says what the truth is and how it can be confirmed,  its them that are being divisive. That's how a majority of this country thinks and their strategies works. Again, how do you counter this when the majority of voters have become braindead rage monsters?

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Fatty? He's just a huge asshole. He's not misinformed. He just doesn't care about other people, except insofar as seeing other people eat and breathe and have shelter without sufficiently "earning it" enrages him.

i'll never understand this mentality. life is simply not a zero-sum game despite how many people have allowed themselves to be convinced otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i'll never understand this mentality. life is simply not a zero-sum game despite how many people have allowed themselves to be convinced otherwise.

This encapsulates my last comment pretty well. It's been 35 years since Reagan created the "welfare queen" stereotype, and to this day, people think that people on welfare are living high on the hog by not working, and not the reality that they are barely scraping by to eat and hope for a roof over their heads. There is no way to counter this when people believe lies and refuse to acknowledge truth. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

Or that the presence of minor luxuries in their lives (smart phones, which are now a necessity, or television) somehow makes them irresponsible, as though you must live as in a monastery for your poverty to be legitimate.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Again, how do you counter this when the majority of voters have become braindead rage monsters?

Counter-rage.  Reclaim patriotism - I am a fucking patriot. I believe in the Constitution and the rule of law.  I believe that those who would launch violent attacks on my country are fucking traitors.  I support people who stand in the breach against treasnous fuckbags.  I believe that we are strong because we are good, not that we are good because we are strong.  I believe that liars are fucking assholes, and they lie because they think you're stupid enough to believe them -- Americans, I don't believe you are stupid.  Sometimes you are frustrated, sometimes you have questions -- and that's good.  But you don't deserve to be led by people who lie about literally everything.  Say shit like that, and more.  Loudly.  Counter-attack.  Create tight sound bites, and repeat them over and over and over and over.  You know, the same tactics the treasonous fuckbags use, because they work.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Counter-rage.  Reclaim patriotism - I am a fucking patriot. I believe in the Constitution and the rule of law.  I believe that those who would launch violent attacks on my country are fucking traitors.  I support people who stand in the breach against treasnous fuckbags.  I believe that we are strong because we are good, not that we are good because we are strong.  I believe that liars are fucking assholes, and they lie because they think you're stupid enough to believe them -- Americans, I don't believe you are stupid.  Sometimes you are frustrated, sometimes you have questions -- and that's good.  But you don't deserve to be led by people who lie about literally everything.  Say shit like that, and more.  Loudly.  Counter-attack.  Create tight sound bites, and repeat them over and over and over and over.  You know, the same tactics the treasonous fuckbags use, because they work.

I guess I do see quite a bit of this and the majority considers them fringe "leftists" and everything negative that they've built around that term. AOC says this stuff all the time and a majority of this country thinks she's literally satan. It doesn't change minds in the direction we want, it seems to make more and more people accept the lies. Again, Elon Musk literally just said the dems are the "divisive" ones for standing up for truth. The majority had no problem with hundreds of hours of investigation and testimony into Hillary's emails, but the Jan. 6 Commission is "wasting taxpayers time" and being divisive, because we should just move on, right? I thought you of all people would acknowledge that there is no way to effectively rebut this when the electorate has made their choice. I thought you were on the ledge with me, lol.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Or that the presence of minor luxuries in their lives (smart phones, which are now a necessity, or television) somehow makes them irresponsible, as though you must live as in a monastery for your poverty to be legitimate.

Corporate welfare is a bigger threat to our society than all of the "welfare queens" put together. 

I never understood how Reagan came out and did the welfare queen bit after making the statement below. I guess he wanted to split hairs between black and Hispanic people?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Just now, UDontKnow said:

Corporate welfare is a bigger threat to our society than all of the "welfare queens" put together. 

I never understood how Reagan came out and did the welfare queen bit after making the statement below. I guess he wanted to split hairs between black and Hispanic people?

because that fucking water head was the start of fear-based politics. never mind the actual issues this country is facing - think of all the immigrants coming here to steal your job!

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

because that fucking water head was the start of fear-based politics. never mind the actual issues this country is facing - think of all the immigrants coming here to steal your job!

Right, but watch the video. He is clearly advocating for what is considered today as an "open border."

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I guess I do see quite a bit of this and the majority considers them fringe "leftists" and everything negative that they've built around that term. AOC says this stuff all the time and a majority of this country thinks she's literally satan. It doesn't change minds in the direction we want, it seems to make more and more people accept the lies. Again, Elon Musk literally just said the dems are the "divisive" ones for standing up for truth. The majority had no problem with hundreds of hours of investigation and testimony into Hillary's emails, but the Jan. 6 Commission is "wasting taxpayers time" and being divisive, because we should just move on, right? I thought you of all people would acknowledge that there is no way to effectively rebut this when the electorate has made their choice. I thought you were on the ledge with me, lol.

I am on the ledge with you.  Which is why I think that this namby-pamby shit that Dem leadership spouts has to go.  Fight to the last fucking man.  It's our goddamn Republic, for crying out loud.  It has LITERALLY been violently attacked by a malevolent force.  We should fight back like hell against those fuckers.  Until our last goddamned breath.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Right, but watch the video. He is clearly advocating for what is considered today as an "open border."

I don't need to  - I am familiar with the debate. and I am not disagreeing with you, just answering your question. he figured out what is now the derivative model for MAGA/GQP - whip up the base in the frenzied terror and they will never vote for anyone else again