True Detective Season 4

TexasHooch

Oh Boy!!!!

https://www.theverge.com/2022/5/26/23143346/jodie-foster-true-detective-season-4-hbo

True Detective’s fourth season is going to the Arctic with Jodie Foster as the lead

Though Jodie Foster has built a name for herself leading thrillers on the silver screen, her next big project’s going to be something a bit different. Deadline reports that Foster has signed on to True Detective’s fourth season to portray Liz Danvers, a detective tasked with investigating the mysterious disappearances of six people from a research station in Ennis, Alaska. While Danvers is up for the task of figuring out where went wrong near the Tsalal Arctic Research Station, she and her partner arrive in Ennis just as the region’s long winter night and its all-encompassing darkness begin to set in.

In addition to starring as Danvers, Foster will also executive produce this chapter of True Detective alongside Barry Jenkins, and the season will be written and directed by Issa López.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

I'll admit, my 1st thought was "is this just going to feel like Silence of the Lambs"?  Then I remembered that it's Jodi F'ng Foster, and that movie was 30 years ago.  She's not going to play like a wet-behind-the-ears rookie.  I'm excited!

Third season was considerably better than the second, but not as good as the first. Worth the watch IMHO.

If the pattern continues we can expect meh or slightly bad.

Great then bad the good so The whatever.

Pizzilato was hailed as such a genius after s1. I thought it worked because it was single writer, director, show runner. I think that can work again.

interesting! the psychological effects of endless daylight were well played in Insomnia, practically a character itself...i think i've only seen the focus on the endless nights in horror/sci-fi movies. 

i read a murder mystery set in the Canadian arctic once and it was fascinating. 

Foster hasn't done much in the past few years. 

That first season just sticks with you...anyone who watched can remember it vividly (esp boobs) and quote parts still. And hell it still creeps me out. When I see creepy shit while hiking I think Carcosa. Lol

Down for a new season though. Jodie should bring it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Season 1 was obviously fire 

season 2 was awful and “I still don’t get it” (Tom Hanks BIG voice)

season 3 was excellent (not as good as season 1 obviously but awesome)

season 4: Jodi foster will kill it. She’s a great actor. Can’t wait

• Hook 'Em 3

On 5/28/2022 at 11:43 AM, Texzilla58 said:

If the pattern continues we can expect meh or slightly bad.

Great then bad the good so The whatever.

Pizzilato was hailed as such a genius after s1. I thought it worked because it was single writer, director, show runner. I think that can work again.

Pizzilato was absolutely not the director and show runner of Season 1.  He was just the writer. Cary Fukunaga, of No Time to Die, was the director. 

They gave Pizzolato the keys to everything for Season 2 and he produced a pile of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Pizzilato was absolutely not the director and show runner of Season 1.  He was just the writer. Cary Fukunaga, of No Time to Die, was the director. 

They gave Pizzolato the keys to everything for Season 2 and he produced a pile of shit. 

My Alzheimer’s keeps rewiring my memories. Next you’re going to tell me Rock Hudson wasn’t in S2.

3 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Big ole piece of shit

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

season 3 is good?  i never watched after the huge disappointment that was season 2.  maybe i should check it out.

Mahershala Ali and Stephen Dorff make the show. The writing was solid if a little stiff but the tremendous performances make the watch worth it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

For the Jodie Foster fans, she was the narrator on a good documentary I recently watched on Sundancenow about Heddy (not Hedley) Lamarr. The doc was excellent on its own but if you like Jodie so much that you'd jerk it to her voice, well...

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

For the Jodie Foster fans, she was the narrator on a good documentary I recently watched on Sundancenow about Heddy (not Hedley) Lamarr. The doc was excellent on its own but if you like Jodie so much that you'd jerk it to her voice, well...

Heddy was a fascinating, accomplished woman.  I'll check that out.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/28/2022 at 12:42 PM, mchookem said:

interesting! the psychological effects of endless daylight were well played in Insomnia, practically a character itself...i think i've only seen the focus on the endless nights in horror/sci-fi movies. 

Yeah I thought this sounded like a reverse Insomnia type thing. Maybe Northern Exposure with a homicidal maniac or two thrown in there 

Heddy was a fascinating, accomplished woman.  I'll check that out.

Same here. Besides being a beautiful accomplished actress, she was a brilliant inventor. Basically came up with spread spectrum and frequency hopping. I’m amazed there hasn’t been a movie or series about her life.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Same here. Besides being a beautiful accomplished actress, she was a brilliant inventor. Basically came up with spread spectrum and frequency hopping. I’m amazed there hasn’t been a movie or series about her life.

I knew squat about her but after watching the documentary, I agree, you and Augustus are absolutely correct. We watched it while my mom was here for a visit -- the entire family enjoyed it, and found it surprising and fascinating. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Augustus said:

My God, how old am I that Jodie Foster is looking old?

The last thing I remember seeing her in (and I absolutely loved her in it) was the Spike Lee film Inside Man with Clive Owen and Denzel.  Great film.

Still wood 

• Drool 1