Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Nice win!

But the joy was short-lived. After the game ended they started showing a replay of Texas vs TCU in basketball from 4 years ago and Shaka was on the screen talking......eeeuuugh

Not to mention the opening monologue disclosed the cancer diag for Jones 

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Getting this 3rd win is going to be interesting but a hell of a night and a hell of a win. Texas Fight bitches!

It will be but this is why you get to the winners bracket. 

While we don't have a great 3rd starter these teams will now how to use their 4th and 5th starters. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

13 minutes ago, chase25 said:

I try not to take kids like Tristan Stevens for granted. Felt like he got slighted by the MLB, came back, had about as bad a season as he could have imagined and had likely come to the realization that this is probably the last baseball he will play. Went to Pierce about trying to help the team out of the bullpen which was god awful for us in conference play and has found himself.

What sports is about, never give up.

He seems like a good human being. He'll find something to be good at whether it is or isn't baseball. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chase25 said:

I try not to take kids like Tristan Stevens for granted. Felt like he got slighted by the MLB, came back, had about as bad a season as he could have imagined and had likely come to the realization that this is probably the last baseball he will play. Went to Pierce about trying to help the team out of the bullpen which was god awful for us in conference play and has found himself.

What sports is about, never give up.

He was throwing a 2 seam fastball last year in the high 80s getting a ton of ground balls.  Where did that go? 

17 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

He was throwing a 2 seam fastball last year in the high 80s getting a ton of ground balls.  Where did that go? 

Struggled a little with command. Plus offense has been up all across college baseball. He has always had the sinker but he pitches to contact and when the walks are up and the ground balls find holes it’s a recipe for disaster. 

He is making himself more appealing at the next level though touching 95 out of the pen. As a starter he sat 90-92

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I would like to see Luke Harrison and Marcus Olivarez split the game tomorrow.

Whomever Air Force or La Tech starts we have to jump on them fast.

I’d like to see Lebarron or Southard get the start. Everybody is going to be on a short leash might as well see what the two most electric arms in the bullpen have and try and ride them long enough to get the ball to Marcus, Luke, and Cobb

Couldn't post during the game, but 2 questions:

- What's it gonna take to get our guys to stop running into outs at 3B when the ball is hit in front of 'em?

- What did Trey do to piss all the opposing pitchers off? Crazy how much they're throwing at him.

14 minutes ago, wood said:

Couldn't post during the game, but 2 questions:

- What's it gonna take to get our guys to stop running into outs at 3B when the ball is hit in front of 'em?

Running out of eligibility?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

I went to the LA Tech baseball forum to see who they might be starting in game 4 and this cracked me up. 

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?146057-Game-Day-vs.-Texas/page8

Spoiler

Texas fans were pretty classy for the most part. Much better than those ass hats at A&M have been at football games.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I went to the LA Tech baseball forum to see who they might be starting in game 4 and this cracked me up. 

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?146057-Game-Day-vs.-Texas/page8

Hide contents

Texas fans were pretty classy for the most part. Much better than those ass hats at A&M have been at football games.

Guy named Whorff (sp?) started one of their conference tournament games.