Greenville Super Regional: Texas @ East Carolina

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

No he shouldn't.  Offense is up.  We are replacing our Friday night guy and most effective inning eater out of the pen.  Then we lost probably our most talented arm first month of season.

We rank top 20 in ERA in the country.

He should be. Our staff has regressed and not just because offense is up. He also clearly has no concept of how to manage a bullpen. We make ridiculous decisions on when to change pitchers and put guys in positions to fail regularly 

2 minutes ago, Luv2win said:

Pierce has said uncle we're done....lookin' for game 2 and 3 to get to Omaha. Too bad we count of any line up change that would improve chances to advance.  Maybe next year with the needed changes!!)

I mean, I guess he's keeping anyone from going deep to both stanch the bleeding and keep them available for the next two.

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It is funny. We talk like this dude is the worst coach in the country.

If our Basketball or Football coach had Pierce's success we would be building statues of the guy.

His success at this university has been average for this baseball program.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

His success at this university has been average for this school.

You don't seem to remember just how grim the situation was in 2017 when he took over.

We had 2014 but 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2016 had all been disasters. He wasn't walking in to a loaded arsenal.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

His success at this university has been average for this school.

How? Outside of the 2019 outlier he has been elite. 2 trips to Omaha in 6 years with the potential to make it 3. 11-2 in regional play. 2 big 12 titles.

I know the dude hasn’t won it all but give me a break. Omaha is not a given for any team. You have to grind this shit out for 65+ games and get a few breaks along the way, stay injury free and get some bounces to go your way.

As we’ve seen in football, success is not a given in any sport at this university.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

He should be. Our staff has regressed and not just because offense is up. He also clearly has no concept of how to manage a bullpen. We make ridiculous decisions on when to change pitchers and put guys in positions to fail regularly 

Pen management isn't on the pitching coach.

2 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Did y’all know that the team who wins the 1st game of the Supers go’s to Omaha 80% of the time?

I'm not going to wade through the whole history again, but in 2021...

Teams who won the 1st game of the Supers went to Omaha 75% of the time.

Teams who won the 2nd game of the Supers went to Omaha 75% of the time.

When you have a best-of-3 series, the team that wins *ANY* game has a very good chance to win the series. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

How? Outside of the 2019 outlier he has been elite. 2 trips to Omaha in 6 years with the potential to make it 3. 11-2 in regional play. 2 big 12 titles.

I know the dude hasn’t won it all but give me a break. Omaha is not a given for any team. You have to grind this shit out for 65+ games and get a few breaks along the way, stay injury free and get some bounces to go your way.

As we’ve seen in football, success is not a given in any sport at this university.

We’ve made 37 CWS. 2/6 is below average 

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

You don't seem to remember just how grim the situation was in 2017 when he took over.

We had 2014 but 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2016 had all been disasters. He wasn't walking in to a loaded arsenal.

No one said he was. We go to Omaha every other year on average. I don’t want him fired but some things need changing 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Average for Texas is elite. Kind of a weird comment. 

Just now, Tylerocks said:

This thread is a great reminder of why I typically don't come in the game threads.

Some of y'all are borderline regarded and have no business even commenting on baseball, much less providing commentary or coaching advice.

On to Saturday!

Postseason baseball threads around here always have a bunch of jagoffs who didn't watch one inning of the regular season come in and declare the season over after every inning. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1