Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Let him.  The more he does this kind of shit, the more pissed off people are getting, and that could easily carry into the elections next year.

I hope you’re right but I fear even that result will not prevent trump from causing irreparable damage.

20 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I rarely post but I actually just saw this.  I partially blame Jake Tapper and CNN for letting someone like Santorum have a mouth piece.  He gave the whole guns aren’t the problem over and over but the host of a show like this should call him out and ask for fucking solutions to the problem.  They also asked if NRA money had anything to do with politicians acting the way they do and he said that has nothing to do with it.  I expect lies on Fox News but on CNN it’s embarrassing.  You can get multiple view points on a subject but if one side is a piece of shit liar and you don’t call them out on it that’s a problem.  

Oh, I completely agree, Tapper is a lightweight who is unsuited for his job.  He just doesn't pin people down the way he should.  However, Terry McAuliffe (former Gov-VA) did fight back, and Santorum basically just (as you indicated) continued to spew his indefensible, unprovable bullshit.  The very fact that he casts policy like universal Federal background checks and waiting periods as somehow hampering the good citizens of the US from purchasing guns is lunacy.  Good people pass background checks (please, ACLU people, don't pounce on this, it's reasonable policy) and good people can wait a week.  It won't affect gun ownership of qualified individuals one bit.

1 hour ago, SameSame said:

2019 mass shootings: 🇦🇹 0 🇩🇰 0 🇫🇮 0 🇩🇪 0 🇮🇹 0 🇮🇪 0 🇱🇺 0 🇨🇭 0 🇬🇧 0 🇭🇺 0 🇪🇸 0 🇵🇹 0 🇸🇬 0 🇸🇦 0 🇧🇪 0 🇸🇪 0 🇦🇺 0 🇫🇷 0 🇳🇿 1 🇳🇱 1 🇧🇷 1 🇨🇦 1 🇲🇽 3 🇺🇸 249

I've made this point before, but it may be worth repeating as the entire GOP chants the party line about violent video games and violent lyrics in music.

I play Battlefield V and used to play the Call of Duty series.  There are way more servers based in Europe, South America, and Asia than there are in North America.  I've been cussed out in Portuguese, Japanese, German, and some I couldn't even identify.

And music?  Death metal is still hugely popular in Scandinavia and other parts of Europe.  And hip hop is hugely popular in England, France, and probably other places.

So try again, you fucking NRA shills.  This is the only country on Earth where this happens with any regularity.  Over 97% of the incidents above took place here.  And it is ultimately YOUR fault.  I don't blame the gun makers; they are just trying to make a profit like everyone else.  I blame YOU, you cowardly, pandering, self-serving "lawmakers" who fail to stop it and the idiots who keep voting for you.

• Like 7

News said police responded and shot the guy in less than a minute but the shooter had already killed 9 and wounded 26.  That's a pretty quick response.  Ohio Senator Brown said it was less than 30 seconds.  

Edited by Mdhorn

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hope you’re right but I fear even that result will not prevent trump from causing irreparable damage.

Look at the 2018 results.  I think there is a lot more anger out there being directed at the GOP.   There is enough anger over the EP shooting, that if the GOP keeps fucking up, could easily flip Texas a lot sooner than later.

Look at how well this tweet hasn't held up:

4 minutes ago, retread said:
GOP/Rs checking all the red herring boxes.

Fuck this piece of shit. I hope people call him out and hammer him for his dipshit suggestion. 

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Why did Cornyn tweet about that?  Was there a point he was trying to make, or was he just stoking flames?

Yeah, you know what his fucking point was. 

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Why did Cornyn tweet about that?  Was there a point he was trying to make, or was he just stoking flames?

The point he was trying to make is that the dominance of the white race in Texas is under attack by an invasion of brown people.   And the reason he is making that point is because the GOP is now an openly white supremacist political party that counts on the racism of its members and supporters. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 9
  • Fuck You 1

I have a question and I think I know the answer but not sure.  In the Senate or from the President, since Parkland happened has there been any legislation to try and stop the mass shooting issue?  Has there been anything done at all?  I mean, even the dumb as shit ideas from our President about arming security people in schools.  Have we actually done that?  Or is the answer we have done jack shit since that and the other shootings.  If so, how fucking hard is it for Democrats to message this to the American people?  There should be ads running night and day stating are you tired of this happening well the guy or gal you voted for has done ZERO about it for the last  (year, 5 years, 25 years) they have been in congress.  

4 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yeah, you know what his fucking point was. 

Sure, I get the fear-mongering, I'm just curious if that tweet came out of the blue or if there was some other discussion going on.  I despise Cornyn but he's hardly prone to random, poorly-formed bursts of race-baiting.  He tends to be more measured in his bigotry.

Videogames and mental illness.  That's the excuses for Team R.  Since yesterday, the word filtered out pretty fast to stick to script and blame videogames and mental illness.

Nevermind the President's rhetoric.  It's videogames and mental illness.

Thoughts and prayers.

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I have a question and I think I know the answer but not sure.  In the Senate or from the President, since Parkland happened has there been any legislation to try and stop the mass shooting issue?  Has there been anything done at all? 

Edited by retread

4 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I have a question and I think I know the answer but not sure.  In the Senate or from the President, since Parkland happened has there been any legislation to try and stop the mass shooting issue?  Has there been anything done at all?  I mean, even the dumb as shit ideas from our President about arming security people in schools.  Have we actually done that?  Or is the answer we have done jack shit since that and the other shootings.  If so, how fucking hard is it for Democrats to message this to the American people?  There should be ads running night and day stating are you tired of this happening well the guy or gal you voted for has done ZERO about it for the last  (year, 5 years, 25 years) they have been in congress.  

The Democratic House has already passed at least two gun control bills this year.   Mitch McConnell and the GOP won't allow consideration of anything that regulates guns in the Senate, and Trump won't sign it, so it's dead.   The only way to make anything happen on this is to vote Republicans out of office. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 2

Trumpkins today:  "It's really a shame how misguided some young people are. There's so much garbage on the internet. My grandson plays video games 5 or 6 hours a day. All of that has an effect on young minds. I hope we'll do more to help people having mental problems!"

And many on the right love them some Greg Abbott.  All about how Abbott is the voice of reason and a great guy.  

Meanwhile he is quick to mobilize the state guard to monitor the federal govt when the anti-govt nuts thought jade helm was a conspiracy but he won’t criticize the same group when they advocate armed revolt against the US govt or fan the flames of white supremacy. 

• Like 2

I'm really trying to remain calm through all of this, but it's fucking hard.  We are going to look back on this time with sadness and disgust, assuming we make it through.  This is one of the darkest times in our history, eclipsed only by genocide and slavery.  I never thought I would live through a time like that, but if 2020 doesn't change a lot, I only see it getting worse.

if video games played a role, it was in that literally no fortnite player has ever seen a woman naked

why is it always a weird looking dude?  because the Trumpists are losers, radicalized by his leadership combined with their fear and anger

Edited by Celery Man
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm really trying to remain calm through all of this, but it's fucking hard.  We are going to look back on this time with sadness and disgust, assuming we make it through.  This is one of the darkest times in our history, eclipsed only by genocide and slavery.  I never thought I would live through a time like that, but if 2020 doesn't change a lot, I only see it getting worse.

I don’t know why but I heard  your statement in the voice of Jules from Pulp Fiction talking to Ringo.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

That's good to see. The Trumpists who support him for single issues or old GOP values must take off their blinders and step away. It's best to completely reduce White Nationalist Trumpism to its purest core.

I gladly grant intellectual amnesty to anyone who steps away. All is forgiven. You're not required to become an ebil lib Demotard. Just step away from the buboes.

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

In Texas they are funding making it harder to get into schools. I don't know what the military defense tactic would be called, but you are granted access through a barrier of doors and must then pass through a central front desk area and get buzzed passed a second door in order to freely move about the school.Other schools have been doing this previously, but some schools are just catching up.

However, so many holes in this defense to even go over, but most doors have to abide by emergency exit fire codes - so shootout glass and open from the inside. Not to mention the logistics of the start and finishing hours where hundreds if not thousands of kids are moving about in and out. And if it's a fellow student, he already knows where the access point is.

But it would have stopped the Dallas Federal Courthouse shooter. So there's that.

Edit, I guess they are also pushing for more teachers to have guns in classrooms. But if losers with guns are the problem, then statistics will just bare out.

Edited by JohnnyRage

7 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Answering my own question:  maybe the sexual revolution put people’s incel-ness in their face more,  making them feel more outcast

legalize prostitution, brings the price down, better looking women get into the profession, young single moms make big incomes, incels are quelled.  Win all around, and the government gets tax revenue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

These people don't need to be given any air time

Agreed. But this is the dance we do for every crisis. Rs go on TV and repeat the talking points. Then gun legislation sits in McConnell's inbox and collects dust.

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread