Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

This is how your typical trump voter reacted today 

on the outside they are saying :  “ thoughts and prayers for the victims”, “ thanks to the first responders”, “ give the victims a hug”

on the inside they are really thinking MAGA MOTHERFUCKER! WHITE POWER! TAKE THAT MEXICANS!

19 minutes ago, softlynow said:

Just wait til the primaries are over and Trump is trailing the Dem nominee by 7-9 pts in September. We’ll look back fondly to the time when each of these events made national news. 

Wait until Election Day in November 2020.  You want a horrifying scenario?  The idea of someone opening fire on a polling location of browns and blacks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

Y’all are missing an opportunity here.  If inciting violence on Latinos is a sign of mental illness, as Trump and GOP leadership would have us believe, then they just tacitly admitted their President is mentally ill.  The shooter’s symptoms were nationalism and a hated of Hispanics.  If that means he’s mentally ill, what does that say about the man who inspired him?

For once I agree with the GOP.  The huge majority of these mass shooters are Trump/MAGA/GOP supporters.   Yes, this is a mental health issue.

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

They’re all hiding in the Daily Texan thread about the shooting crying about CR posters, like they aren’t also and pretending like they give a shit and lying about mental health and saying it’s too soon to politicize the tragedy.

The usual bullshittery.

The fucking pieces of who did that in Shaggy and do it here are arguably worse than those who depend Trump and the GOP. You cannot ignore how this is every bit a political problem as any other kind when it happens over and over and over and over.

58 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

In Ohio, police reportedly were on the scene in less than a minute. That's all the time it took for this guy to kill 9 people.

And injure at least 26.  How can "a good guy with a gun" be any possible solution when so much damage can be done in 60 seconds? 

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

In Ohio, police reportedly were on the scene in less than a minute. That's all the time it took for this guy to kill 9 people.

And injure 20+ more.    There is no need for civilians to have access to those kinds of killing machines.

Yeah even if I had my CCL and happened to be at an active shooter scene, trading lead with some dinky pistol vs a guy with a full on rifle seems like a losing proposition.  All those Internet tough guys always seem to fail in addressing how their pocket 9mm is way more challenging to aim effectively, has less range, less power, fewer rounds...I’m curious if there were any guys carrying and if they straight up dipped with their families vs trying to be a hero...hell the Walmart has guns and ammo right there.  

I want to hear from the More Guns crowd on how they think that works out.  Why didn’t someone grab a 12ga from sporting goods and a box of shells?  Stupid  

Edited by Homercles
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Yeah even if I had my CCL and happened to be at an active shooter scene, trading lead with some dinky pistol vs a guy with a full on rifle seems like a losing proposition.  All those Internet tough guys always seem to fail in addressing how their pocket 9mm is way more challenging to aim effectively, has less range, less power, fewer rounds...I’m curious if there were any guys carrying and if they straight up dipped with their families vs trying to be a hero...hell the Walmart has guns and ammo right there.  

And would have done fuck all against body armor. NO REASON someone needs an AK. None. 

9 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

That McConnell skunk won’t let anything happen.

he seems to take pride in the fact that he’s hijacking the senate to confirm judges and the entire senate isn’t considering or passing any bills at all.

Moscow Mitch has the solution to all this. 

Another tax cut! 

4 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

And would have done fuck all against body armor. NO REASON someone needs an AK. None. 

How is the sack supposed to go duck hunting with Dayton McLane if he can’t use an AK?  It doesn’t seem fair that you would take that away from him just because a few browns got dead.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

This fucking right here, except the NRA got their money from Russia. Fuck you, MoscowMitch. You POS. DIAF already!

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation why Russia, a country with no comparable 2nd Amendment, is one of the largest financial contributers to a foreign country's gun rights organization and one day the NRA and GOP will let us all know what it is.

• Like 1

Hope the FBI is tearing through 8chan right now. Many people think a 3rd attack is coming today or tomorrow (mass shootings happen all the time anyway but it sounds like a 3rd connected to these 2 will happen). It’s a huge deal to those losers to have the best “high score”. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

That’s what Dear Leader tells us.  As he says White supremacists are a very small group but antifa is about to be named an official terrorist group by trump. 

What a putz 

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

When asked how this happened in Texas, a state in which concealed carry is legal, Rick Santorum just said "exactly, these guys seek out soft targets in such places" (paraphrased).

What a world.

I rarely post but I actually just saw this.  I partially blame Jake Tapper and CNN for letting someone like Santorum have a mouth piece.  He gave the whole guns aren’t the problem over and over but the host of a show like this should call him out and ask for fucking solutions to the problem.  They also asked if NRA money had anything to do with politicians acting the way they do and he said that has nothing to do with it.  I expect lies on Fox News but on CNN it’s embarrassing.  You can get multiple view points on a subject but if one side is a piece of shit liar and you don’t call them out on it that’s a problem.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That’s what Dear Leader tells us.  As he says White supremacists are a very small group but antifa is about to be named an official terrorist group by trump. 

What a putz 

Let him.  The more he does this kind of shit, the more pissed off people are getting, and that could easily carry into the elections next year.

10 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If you throw in the negligence of Puerto Rico and unarmed black men shot by police I’d say the white nationalists are up there in the body count numbers.

It sounds like that you’re linking the police with white nationalists. That’s not what you meant to say, is it?

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread