Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, retread said:
GOP/Rs checking all the red herring boxes.

Lol, so stupid.  Go visit say...Seoul or almost anywhere in the world with high tech and a lot of young people with access to games.  Look at where people are playing from on almost any popular FPS out there.  Numerous countries have casual, serious, and even hopelessly addicted gamers, but they aren't shooting anyone.  Japan openly has extremely violent, sexist, and outright offensive games all over the place that would never even sell in the United States, but they aren't doing this either.  

3 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

In Texas they are funding making it harder to get into schools. I don't know what the military defense tactic would be called, but you are granted access through a barrier of doors and must then pass through a central front desk area and get buzzed passed a second door in order to freely move about the school.Other schools have been doing this previously, but some schools are just catching up.

However, so many holes in this defense to even go over, but most doors have to abide by emergency exit fire codes - so shootout glass and open from the inside. Not to mention the logistics of the start and finishing hours where hundreds if not thousands of kids are moving about in and out. And if it's a fellow student, he already knows where the access point is.

But it would have stopped the Dallas Federal Courthouse shooter. So there's that.

That is good and my sons school has that right now but what do the politicians in Washington have to do with this?  My point of my original post was Mitch and Trump and the rest of them aren't even trying anymore to act like they are doing something.  They give their thoughts and prayers and hope it goes away until the next one.  It's pathetic.

13 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It feels like there is truth to this.  The virgin 20 year old male is a menace. But how did we keep mass shootings from happening before the sexual revolution?

losers can retreat inwards in life and outwards on the web to find a mainstream ideology that promotes this kind of stance and increasingly this kind of behavior.  Not just against whatever "other" group but also pussies with outdated idiotic modes of what it is to be masculine. If everything sucks in his life he can be a hero and a real man by going out and killing the babies and innocents who are causing his hurt and prove himself a real man in the process.  I think it was reported that his manifesto mentioned not being taken alive, and yet he gave up without a shot fired back at him.  Pussy.  Too bad he wasn't also selling loose cigarettes.

Edited by Celery Man

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

That's good to see. The Trumpists who support him for single issues or old GOP values must take off their blinders and step away. It's best to completely reduce White Nationalist Trumpism to its purest core.

I gladly grant intellectual amnesty to anyone who steps away. All is forgiven. You're not required to become an ebil lib Demotard. Just step away from the buboes.

The thing is, there is no “intellectual” involved. You want to see how hopeless it truly is?  Go read this thread, or as much as you can stomach anyway.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3049247

These people are like attack dogs.  They’ve been trained, groomed and brainwashed by the right wing hate engine to see everything different from them as the enemy.  All the master has to do is dog whisper “sic’em” and there you go.

2 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

The thing is, there is no “intellectual” involved. You want to see how hopeless it truly is?  Go read this thread, or as much as you can stomach anyway.

These people are like attack dogs.  They’ve been trained, groomed and brainwashed by the right wing hate engine to see everything different from them as the enemy.  All the master has to do is dog whisper “sic’em” and there you go.

I made it through about 6 posts.  That is unbelievable.  They really live in a different reality.  Reason number one billion I told my son he can go to any college (even OU) except A&M.  OU would be hard to pay for also so he would have to have a really good reason for that one.

17 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Answering my own question:  maybe the sexual revolution put people’s incel-ness in their face more,  making them feel more outcast

While we’re fighting an uphill battle for gun control, why not also consider another more likely reform that could help defuse this powder keg?  Legalizing prostitution could dampen the incel effect. 

Edited by BrickHorn

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

While we’re fighting an uphill battle for gun control, why not also push for another more likely reform that could help defuse this powder keg?  Legalizing prostitution could dampen the incel effect. 

You could add legalizing weed also so these yahoos would grab a bag of Cheetos instead of a gun after playing their violent video games.  Right?

17 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

i am friends with two aggies. one is married to my best friend, the other is a co-worker.

they are both super chill dudes. progressive, non-conformist, funny, smart, great to hang out with.

they both talk shit about football and general university rivalry.

i do not understand how they came out of that school. like there's a misfire in the matrix. 

2 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i am friends with two aggies. one is married to my best friend, the other is a co-worker.

they are both super chill dudes. progressive, non-conformist, funny, smart, great to hang out with.

they both talk shit about football and general university rivalry.

i do not understand how they came out of that school. like there's a misfire in the matrix. 

I wonder if TexAgs is just not representative.  Only the morons post there and normal ones have a tiny online footprint. 

21 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I made it through about 6 posts.  That is unbelievable.  They really live in a different reality.  Reason number one billion I told my son he can go to any college (even OU) except A&M.  OU would be hard to pay for also so he would have to have a really good reason for that one.

Lol. There are numerous posters on this board - Texas grads I assume- who feel the same way. It's just that they've gotten sick of getting shit from the sane ones.

I know lots of young UT grads who swallow the Fox News talking points. 

This is a problem everywhere. Aggy can't account for the majority of white people who are going to pull the lever for Trump in 2020.

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I wonder if TexAgs is just not representative.  Only the morons post there and normal ones have a tiny online footprint. 

sadly Texags is more representative of white America than is Surly

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Unbelievable 

1 hour ago, retread said:
GOP/Rs checking all the red herring boxes.

Goddamn I cannot stand that guy.  He just actually grandstanded and said the country is going down because no one is allowed to pray in school.

Newsflash motherfucker:

Anybody can pray in any school any time they want.  You are allowed meditation and prayer anywhere if you feel so inclined by simply being a thinking breathing human being.

Asshole 

7 minutes ago, NowThis said:

any conjecture for Dayton shooter motivation?

After the seeing the Dayton mayor’s flippant response I thought to myself “I bet most of the victims were black”. It may have been a crime of opportunity & that’s just who happened to mostly be out there at that time, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was racially motivated.

6 hours ago, Constant said:

29 dead within 13hrs of one another in two separate active shooter situations. 

I believe the white supremacists see the writing on the wall that says they will have to share power and control of the country with women and people of color.  They feel they are at a tipping point.  So instead of letting it happen gracefully, they feel some need to go down fighting, pry it from my cold dead hands kind of mentality.  The blindness towards anything resembling compromise has been beaten into them for decades by the hatemongers who make big bucks molding the minds of these fools.   It's like the kamikaze mindset, the jihadist movement.  There is a twisted honor in dying for this cause, drummed into their heads by incessant propaganda.  Trump has come along to legitimize that propaganda somehow.  Everyone for or against this propaganda can accept that.  To denounce such movements in other cultures, but to elevate one here (at the very least through inaction) is mind boggling.

I think they know some sort of large scale civil revolution is coming and they are itching to get into it.  These mass shootings are the opening skirmishes.  While most of us feel such an armed conflict in our country is possible, we also think it is down the road still, and hopefully can be avoided.   For these people though, and lots of MAGAs, we are already in the incipient stages of it.  But their best efforts are these sucker punches for now.    I shudder to think what they can unleash if the russians can feed materials and ideas to these idiots via the russian mafia import game. 

All the while at the top you have the people of power who already have their safe rooms, their bunkers and off shore retreats to head to until our little war of the peasants blows over. 

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

While we’re fighting an uphill battle for gun control, why not also consider another more likely reform that could help defuse this powder keg?  Legalizing prostitution could dampen the incel effect. 

Yeah, and then they would just go hate fuck hookers of color.  Maybe give them discounts on sex robots instead?   No, really, it's not the sex they want, it's the attention, the knowledge someone they really like likes them back for their crazy selves.  Be it Trump or the prom queen, head cheerleader,  whoever. 

Personally, I think it should be legalized, but for other reasons than this.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Lou Holth is my hero in this thread.   Serious work being done. 

Just now, Lobo said:

Yeah but their incels have those fun fuckdolls, what are we offering our sickos to placate their angst?  

I shudder to think what happens once AI takes hold and even the fuckdolls wise up and refuse to have sex with them

• Like 1

I’ve always had a pretty tempered stance - we don’t need auto and semi-auto but everything else is okay.

Now I’m onboard with draconian laws - pretty much ban everything. Maybe you can have one revolver or shotgun for your house. Only after jumping through lots of background checks and mental evaluations and a social media autopsy to check for radicalization. And maybe hunters (after passing the same rigorous checks) can own one hunting weapon but it must be kept under lock and key with the game wardens or forestry service or law enforcement unless you’re actually using it for hunting. I’ll leave it to people smarter than me to figure out the details.

I’m done. Republicans inaction on this going on decades now has driven me to a hardened position. They had the chance to do the right thing and compromise and they failed.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Ummm...

She needs to be raped with a cactus by an amnesty seeking Hispanic on pay-per-view for this tweet.  

She and her boss are the very depraved evil of which she speaks, and her boss is the finger pointing, name calling, asshole screaming white nationalist tropes via twitter that helped reinforce this idiot 's racist worldview.

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Fuck this piece of shit. I hope people call him out and hammer him for his dipshit suggestion. 

Yeah, you know what his fucking point was. 

I'm sure none of this anti-Hispanic rhetoric is being absorbed by the Hispanic voting demographic.   They will be rock ribbed GOP voters for life.  Just ask any old white man who is sure of his political ideology.    GREAT idea, really.   No way this sets the narrative for  a generation of Democratic registrations to come.  

47 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Like tigerdroppings, it’s more the owners of the forum and not representative of the entire fan base.  The mods have created a forum that reflects their political ideology and/or desired click counts by rewarding posters that align with them (likes, praise, concurrence) and suppressing posters with opposing views.  

The thing is, they don’t realize they’re doing it. It’s a systematic built in feature of the forum and their community.  It’s like how racists don’t think they’re racist.  

There are former Texags posters that had similar experiences as mine when they criticized moderation on the political forum.  Both sites have admins that rule by crushing dissent. 

https://medium.com/@KeithDB/my-rant-at-what-constitutes-a-hanging-offense-at-texags-com-6797ff8e83f5

Reddit thread from a year ago on Tigerdroppings racism. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Drama/comments/7u21jb/tigerdroppings_posters_and_their_racism/

Both sites have mainstreamed the 8chan based Qanon conspiracy theory.   I still email the TD admins periodically about the concerns I have with the hate factory they’ve been running for years... because it’s all I can do. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Pic going around on twitter of the Dayton gunman's body after the cops 360 no-scoped him. He was wearing a hoodie with Acacia Strain lyrics on it. Which sucks cause I knid of like that band, not a huge fan though.

Is that a band that hoodlums and cartel members listen to, or are we going to need to not publicize the shooter’s name

22 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I’ve always had a pretty tempered stance - we don’t need auto and semi-auto but everything else is okay.

Now I’m onboard with draconian laws - pretty much ban everything. Maybe you can have one revolver or shotgun for your house. Only after jumping through lots of background checks and mental evaluations and a social media autopsy to check for radicalization. And maybe hunters (after passing the same rigorous checks) can own one hunting weapon but it must be kept under lock and key with the game wardens or forestry service or law enforcement unless you’re actually using it for hunting. I’ll leave it to people smarter than me to figure out the details.

I’m done. Republicans inaction on this going on decades now has driven me to a hardened position. They had the chance to do the right thing and compromise and they failed.

I know for a fact you aren't alone and I think we are going to see a hard, hard anti-gun policy swing once boomers die off. The NRA olds are fighting their battle of the bulge right now. It didn't have to be that way, but pretty much everyone born from 1975 on has grown up in a world where mass shootings at schools, public places, and the workplace feel common, and have watched the old guard put their head in the sand. There is going to be a massive swing toward the restrictive side once these 60, 70, 80 year olds get cleared out of congress.

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Ummm...

what a fucking cunt.  her boss and the entire administration spews vitriol and racist shit.  after one of their vile supporters act on the vitriol, it's hey let's not point fingers, we should eradicate hate and be one, until the next time we spew hate.

i seriously question anyone's sanity who blindly support this fucking administration.

• Like 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread