Post a pic/gif/tweet that makes you say "very cool"

nnm

3 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Here's my choice.

[Shot of a cold December game in the 70’s where a linebacker is calling out a defense (no sound but this song) while every breath can be seen]

“On the harsh frozen tundra no man would dare traverse, a rare breed flourishes.

Not mere mortals, but gladiators. 
Purveyors of pain.

Giants with grace.

Soldiers of fortune.

These are the linebackers.

Berserkers who’s only mission is to stop the charging offense.

An insatiable bread that can deliver a force not seen in sport, but is chronicled in mythology.”

• Hook 'Em 2

Will do.  My dad was a Schlitz distributor in the 60’s, 70’s and during the down fall in the early 80’s.  I drank a lot of Schlitz growing up.  There was always a keg on tap at my house.  Glorious times.  

Whereabouts? One of my very good friends was one of those in the Corpus/Victoria area around the same time.

On 1/12/2024 at 5:39 PM, BearSchlong said:

Just moved into my new house. I finally have the sunset I’ve always coveted. That is parkland so no development threat.

I mean, it’s not beachfront cali, but it’s manageable.

I think that’s pretty cool.

(Sorry about the dirty window)

f292a9af9d8409f8142d9a1ea5acd2eb.jpg

That is an awesome view. Good move and nice choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nnm said:

'Murica!

I’ve lived in the Houston area for 15+ years and haven’t seen a wild bald eagle in the area ever.  Lots of hawks and osprey. Recently I’ve seen several near where we live SE of houston, including one on my roof, and we saw one off 290 outside of Houston on our way to Austin a couple weeks ago. Has something changed?

14 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

I’ve lived in the Houston area for 15+ years and haven’t seen a wild bald eagle in the area ever.  Lots of hawks and osprey. Recently I’ve seen several near where we live SE of houston, including one on my roof, and we saw one off 290 outside of Houston on our way to Austin a couple weeks ago. Has something changed?

That doesn’t look like Houston to me. 

1 minute ago, UT_OB1 said:

That’s not. This is. 

A95FDEF5-31E8-4895-B699-C6C8D14B2680.png

That is indeed very cool. 
From the website of an advocacy group against which I’ve litigated in the past, so I’m not linking them:

IMG_2418.thumb.jpeg.8fb7f70765a4fa5e8331eeb862ddcd90.jpegIMG_2419.thumb.jpeg.d75ec92eb1fcc0fc27fe2878f732fbeb.jpeg

• Like 2

I saw them frequently enough growing up when we’d go to Rayburn, but like I said, never seen them the last 16-17 years living around Houston. Cool to see them. It plopped down on my roof loudly. Hope those talons didn’t fuck up my shingles. 

Question, for the computer savvy.  One time I copy and paste, and it will post like this.  The next time, I copy and paste the entire picture shows.  Is it me or how the original vid is posted/made?  I'll get a pencil and paper for note taking.

Edited by Bevo&Pevo

On 1/18/2024 at 8:47 PM, UT_OB1 said:

Dunno, but this guy eyeing me when I walk out of the house is a bit disconcerting……

1B935FCB-F0E1-47CD-8E33-CDACAD28D737.jpeg

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

I don’t know where they nest, but Bald Eagles are seen around Houston all the time.  At least one loves the 8th hole at HCC and is seen quite often.    

Had some est near my house in Bastrop. Damn thing looked like something kids would make for a tree fort, huge branches and sticks.

18 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

Do you even Buffalo Bayou?

Why yes, yes I do. 
Took my son and one of his buddies kayaking down Buffalo bayou during the Covid lockdowns. We were probably exposed to far worse in the water than in the pandemic. 
I did like this pic I got of them approaching downtown. IMG_1629.thumb.jpeg.f2695539355abfcb2ca2ca3a4fb10bc4.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2