• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

Mom used her knitting needle on the back of our legs. 
Stung like hell when she flicked her wrist. 
When she said “Go get my knitting needle”, just those words would turn us brothers into a sobbing puddle of tears.

Dad just gave us a good swift kick in the ass with the side of his foot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Frank The Tank said:

spacer.png

My mom played mind games. She beat my ass with my own toys. 

My mom's favorite weapon of correction.  Those things can sting like hell.  One with a cracked handle once broke while she was paddling my younger brother.  You'd have thought she gutted him from the hollering he let out.

My momma would always make me go get the chainsaw. Then she'd watch over while I started it up, checked the oil, made sure the choke was on, try it again, have it start for a few seconds and then sputter out. Once it was started and warmed up, she would cut off my legs. Stern, but I learned my lesson.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

7 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

My momma would always make me go get the chainsaw. Then she'd watch over while I started it up, checked the oil, made sure the choke was on, try it again, have it start for a few seconds and then sputter out. Once it was started and warmed up, she would cut off my legs. Stern, but I learned my lesson.

Bet you only did that twice

9 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing 'Hallelujah.

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Worst was when gramma said "Butch, take that paring knife, go out back and cut me a switch, a big one. You're gonna get it."

My grandfather always called me Butch.  I think cuz he didn’t remember my real name,

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Armybrat said:

When she said “Go get my knitting needle”, just those words would turn us brothers into a sobbing puddle of tears.

My Granny would hand me a knife and tell me to go cut her a switch (and it had better be a good one). Now I understand the knife was an option.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/5/2024 at 4:05 PM, ROFL BOX said:

IDK... How DO they not see it???

Maybe something further down road that has a similar color scheme??

That shit not only looked fatal to the riders but also their bikes w/ a possible headset crack.

probably the background. Happened to me when I was driving. One of those gates you see closes if the road is flooded ahead. But instead of being bright yellow or something, it was grey and rusted. Almost perfectly camouflaged . I just barely stopped in time. 

This one looks grey and they're coming down hill may have blended into the street behind it

Edited by Jameslaw121

On 2/6/2024 at 5:53 AM, Armybrat said:

Mom used a flyswatter.   Or her Mule slipper.